ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Washington DC and The Holy Land>So today is my birthday...and God talked to me...
InChiefsHell 10:47 AM 12-07-2019
Happy Birthday to me...

TL;DR God will give you a colossal set of balls if you let him.

So, I'm on my way to pick up milk from the farm north of Omaha. I was having a prayer session in my car on the way, thanking God for my 49 years on this earth, for my wife, kids, job, friends...mostly for His love for me. I wondered how I have done with the 49 years I've had, and I wondered what it is that God wants of me for the rest of the time he grants me here on Earth.

I got to the Irvington exit and saw a familiar site. Some guy sitting at the intersection with a sign saying "Lost everything, anything helps". Suddenly, I found myself struggling. I felt there was something I should do here, but I didn't know what. I wound up just going by him through the intersection as I have many times before when seeing such people. Now, I know there is a great deal of fraud among the beggars we see on the side of the road, charlatans who take advantage of the charity of humanity for their own ends. Could be drugs, could be alcohol, gambling, who knows. But as I pulled away, this guy just stuck in my mind. I began to pray again, asking God if that was an opportunity that I had missed.

I got the milk, dropped off a half gallon at my daughter's house, drove to the glass recycling place, and all the while, this dude was on my mind. I began to wonder how many times I've passed up a moment where I could share God's love with another human being...and I realize the answer is probably more times than I could really know.

I got on Maple headed back out to the interstate...and I decided I was hungry and stopped by McDonalds for the 2 sausage egg and cheese sandwiches for 4 bucks deal...and I already knew what it is I would do. I got my food, and headed back out to the interstate...but i went North instead of South. I'm thinking..."OK Lord, I'm gonna do it, if that's what you want. I can't believe I'm doing this, but if you will it, I will do it."
I got off at the Irvington exit, and it looked like the guy was not there anymore. Relief swept over me. At least I tried. At least I had the courage to come back and give it a whirl. Oh well...

Then I saw him. He was still in the same spot, I just couldn't see him till I got further up the exit ramp. Suddenly, I felt emboldened. OK Lord, this is your idea. I pulled over and got out, bringing one of the sandwiches with me and walked towards the guy. He got from his chair and started towards me, taking off the glove on his right hand. We shook hands. He looked to be a little older than me, but not much. And who can really tell, he was wearing a jacket with a hood.

What followed is a little hard to remember. I had a vague idea of what I wanted to say. I asked him his name (Scott) and gave him mine. I asked him what happened to him that made him come beg on the highway. He said he had made mistakes and was taken advantage of by "people", then explained he was disabled, had a horrible pain from his thigh down to his calves, and it made standing for long periods difficult. I asked him where he lived. He said here and there, and that he was currently staying in a friend's basement. Then...I went there. I asked him if he has faith. He said, "well my mom does. Me, I don't know". I explained to him that God does indeed love him, and that he had assigned him a level of dignity that was above what Scott thinks. I told him there is always hope and that he should count his blessings. He has a mother who loves him and prays for him. He has his health, and most importantly, he has a dignity that God gave him that no one can ever take away. I told him I had nothing for him, but if he was hungry I got him a sandwich at McDonalds. He accepted gratefully. I told him I'll pray for him (should have prayed with him on the spot, but I just didn't have the courage for that I guess) and shook his hand again. He thanked me, and then I gave him the "Man Hug", with a slap on the back, and a "God Bless you brutha". He thanked me again and went back to his chair, and I got in my car. The last I saw of him, he was digging in to the sandwich as I drove away.

I found myself crying. Not in despair for Scott, but in absolute joy that Jesus spoke to me, and I listened. And through him I reached out to another of God's creatures and gave him the gift of human contact and true solidarity. Scott has dignity, and God loves him as much as he loves me or any one of us. He could be a fake, he could be taking advantage of people, I could have scolded him, suggested that he get a job or whatever. I don't know. None of us really do, even though we have our predisposed thoughts and assumptions about our fellow man and his motives. But I just pulled over, took some interest in this creation of God, gave him a sandwich and some non-judgemental human contact...and left.

That was my mission. That is what God asked of me today. He will ask more of me, and I hope that I will have the courage to respond. Praise you Jesus!

Scott is all of us. Perhaps maybe, possibly, we could try to keep that in mind in our discourse here on CP. Hey, we can always hope!

Best birthday ever...
[Reply]
patteeu 09:29 AM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Well, this thread officially sucks. It did not go where I thought it would, and I guess I should have expected that. It's one of those things I guess, you either get it or you don't.

God Bless you all, and I mean it. ICH out...
Donít let it bother you. Just ignore the naysayers and respond to the people you can have satisfying dialog with. The rest of us can fight with the more hateful atheists.
[Reply]
Fish 09:38 AM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I know two atheists, both mathematicians, that donít believe in the Big Bang or evolution. Why? Because both are mathematically impossible. One doesnít have to offer an alternative to acknowledge that wrong is wrong.
Neither of those scientific theories are mathematically derived, so I'm not sure what you mean by that. Regardless, neither one has shown to be impossible.
That would be some pretty big news.
[Reply]
manchambo 12:22 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Let me put it this way,I personally have ample evidence that God exists as I've seen Him at work and experienced Him in my own life.Like the chair example I've experienced this through FAITH and I have an understanding of how He works because I seek Him daily through His Word and prayer and He has revealed Himself to me as Proverbs 8:17 says I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me..

I'll bow out now however let me end with this,if I'm wrong about believing in and living for Jesus then when I die I've lost nothing,however if you're wrong and He is who He says He is then when you die you've lost everything.

You see IMO we each have a spirit inside that makes this thing we call a body go,it makes manchambo who you are and nzoner who he is and personally when this body finally fails I cannot believe that this spirit inside of us just dies with it.

Have a good day and Merry Christmas.
Again, you fly over the question of why, if god did exist, the "evidence" would only be of the type you describe. Evidence which is entirely subjective and equally consistent with its being a figment of your desire to perceive order and reason in the world as it exists.

This is in comparison to literally everything else we believe exists, including for example chairs, for which we can point to positive evidence.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:13 PM 12-18-2019
You want to see God, look up into the two heavens, and then into the mirror.

You will be without excuse.

In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth.

There is enough proof and enough science in these ten words to last a lifetime.

Science doesnt disprove God, it merely attempts to catch up to Him.
[Reply]
Andoverer 03:32 PM 12-18-2019
Well, this thread officially sucks. It did not go where I thought it would, and I guess I should have expected that. It's one of those things I guess, you either get it or you don't.

Nah you did a good thing sharing it.

Colossians 1:
15 The Son (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

This is all I need to know about how things came about.
[Reply]
stevieray 03:55 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by Andoverer:
Nah you did a good thing sharing it.

Colossians 1:
15 The Son (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

This is all I need to know about how things came about.
One of my favorite verses . How I found out about Laminin.
[Reply]
Nzoner 04:12 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:

Science doesnt disprove God, it merely attempts to catch up to Him.
Exactly why I love the verse that He uses things the world thinks foolish to confound the wise.
[Reply]
ChiTown 04:34 PM 12-18-2019

It's gross what people did to this thread. You had a moment. You shared it, and some chose to just shit all over it. It's why CPDC has the reputation of being such a sewage pit.

I'm glad you shared ICH, but I'm sorry for the BS you've received over this.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12-18-2019, 04:41 PM
This message has been deleted by AdolfOliverBush.
manchambo 04:44 PM 12-18-2019
Exactly why I love the verse that He uses things the world thinks foolish to confound the wise.
But, honestly, why would he do that? I guess it sounds sort of clever.

If God wants everyone to know and love him, why confound people?
[Reply]
Nzoner 05:01 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by manchambo:
But, honestly, why would he do that? I guess it sounds sort of clever.

If God wants everyone to know and love him, why confound people?

[Reply]
manchambo 05:08 PM 12-18-2019
Can't you answer with words instead of a song or a metaphor?
[Reply]
Nzoner 05:12 PM 12-18-2019
Can't you answer with words instead of a song or a metaphor?
I believe I answered your question earlier and now bid you a good rest of your day.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:18 PM 12-18-2019
And warns us against science so falsely called.

Easy to to do when you see the end and the beginning.
[Reply]
manchambo 05:20 PM 12-18-2019
I believe I answered your question earlier and now bid you a good rest of your day.
I don't think I'm being rude. And it's a fairly simple question: why would god confound the people he wants to know him?
[Reply]
Nzoner 05:26 PM 12-18-2019
I don't think I'm being rude. And it's a fairly simple question: why would god confound the people he wants to know him?
I never said you were being rude,I answered your question this morning in post #253.If you're willing to sincerely seek Him with the faith of a child,He will reveal Himself to you.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Up