ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 28
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Black QB
Ubeja Vontell 12:04 AM 09-16-2019
Look at how things are going right now...

Highest paid....Russell Wilson
MVP....Patrick Mahomes
Number one draft pick...Kyler Murray
Leading Heisman candidate....Jalen Hurts

That ability to escape the pocket, extend plays, plant that...run? pass?...seed, is where things are heading. No backer ever has to worry about Eli, Rivers, Brady, Dalton, running the football. That can't be said about those mentioned above.

Lamar Jackson is what we see at Arizona(faster than Jackson), Oklahoma, Ohio State, and all over college/HS football nowadays, that mobile QB, a guy who can scoot 30 yards, extend plays.

The first black QB's were Willie Thrower, Marlon "Magician" Briscoe, James Harris, "Jefferson Street" Joe Gillum. (can't really count Fritz Pollard) but none of them made any impact.

It started with Doug Williams, Warren Moon and Randall Cunningham, they proved that yes blacks can play NFL QB.

My Top 10

1.Warren Moon....Oilers/Washington
2.Russell Wilson.....Seahawks/Wisconsin
3.Patrick Mahomes....Chiefs/Texas Tech
4.Donovan McNabb....Eagles/Syracuse
5.Steve McNair.....Titans/Alcorn
6.Randall Cunningham....Eagles/UNLV
7.Dak Prescott....Cowboys/Miss State
8.Cam Newton....Panthers/Auburn
9.Michael Vick...Falcons/Virginia Tech
10.Doug Williams...Buc's/Grambling

Today there are more black starting QB's than ever before.

Can't ignore....

DeShaun Watson
Kordell Steward
Daunte Culpepper
Jeff Blake
Rodney Peete
Vince Young
Colin Kaepernick
Lamar Jackson
Jacoby Bissett
Teddy Bridgewater
Tyrod Taylor
Andre Ware
Vince Evans
Akili Smith
Geno Smith
[Reply]
DRM08 10:27 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by Oh Snap:
Unless lamar jackson starts becoming more of a pocket passer, I think his time in the NFL will be brief. I fully expect him to suffer a gruesome injury at some point. And how he comes back from that will tell you a lot. See Mike Vick when he torn his ACL. Same with RGIII.

Mahomes ran because he had to scramble out of the pocket due to pressure, excellent coverage, or to get an easy first/TD. He is a pass first QB. I do think you need a mobile QB in today's league. But you dont need a lamar jackson type of player.
Lamar is pretty great at avoiding the big hits. I'm sure he'll keep working on his accuracy and so forth. But no matter how hard he works at it, he will never have the passing ability of guys like Mahomes/Rodgers/Marino. Just reality of the situation.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:29 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell:
Sleep it off amigo.
no, your thread topic was about ranking quarterbacks based on skin color. that's disgusting. We're all the same you fucking bigot. there's no difference you fucking racist
[Reply]
Oh Snap 10:34 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Lamar is pretty great at avoiding the big hits. I'm sure he'll keep working on his accuracy and so forth. But no matter how hard he works at it, he will never have the passing ability of guys like Mahomes/Rodgers/Marino. Just reality of the situation.
Hes been lucky to this point that hes avoided the big hits. All it takes is an ankle sprain to slow him down just a tad. I dont know how he hasnt managed it. But the hits will begin to add up at some point. Especially over the years. See cam newton. And he is much bigger than lamar physically speaking.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:40 PM 02-16-2020
Hes been lucky to this point that hes avoided the big hits. All it takes is an ankle sprain to slow him down just a tad. I dont know how he hasnt managed it. But the hits will begin to add up at some point. Especially over the years. See cam newton. And he is much bigger than lamar physically speaking.
Cam is a more physical runner. He tries to run over people and puts himself at more risk of taking the big hits. Jackson jukes them out of their shoes and he's great at this. Honestly I think he is more at risk to hurt himself, kinda like Deshaun Watson blew out his knee in a non-contact practice situation.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 10:44 PM 02-16-2020
The Olympics will be held in Tokyo later this season, when they line up for the finals in the mens/womens 100m at least 13 of the 16 lanes will have black sprinters in them,just a fact of life. Nothing to get pissed off or excited about, it's just things are.

How many white cornerbacks/runningbacks in the last SB, try....0.
In world strongest man competitions, we see a sport dominated by whites. Does that mean blacks are weaker when it comes to strength sports? Are they just finesse in other words? Perhaps they are better runners and whites are better lifters...perhaps not. Perhaps this has more to do with circumstances than not?

I do think this is more of a race baiting thread than anything. Sports is supposed to unify us. Not divide us. A lot of black people have great genetics. A lot of white people have great genetics. I personally dont care what race you are. If your on the chiefs roster, I'm rooting hard as hell for your success.
[Reply]
Oh Snap 10:48 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Cam is a more physical runner. He tries to run over people and puts himself at more risk of taking the big hits. Jackson jukes them out of their shoes and he's great at this. Honestly I think he is more at risk to hurt himself, kinda like Deshaun Watson blew out his knee in a non-contact practice situation.
I wouldnt compare him to cam necessarily. Jackson is circa 2004 Vick. He relies on his speed and ability to joke you out of your shoes. But like vick showed us, injuries are a part of the game. This is a violent sport. And I do expect it to catch up with him at some point. I definitely agree about him hurting himself. All it takes is planting your foot wrong...
[Reply]
stevieray 10:51 PM 02-16-2020
this crap again?

:-)
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:57 PM 02-16-2020
Why does it matter? Best player, plays.

Your op is literally just as toxic as when someone complains about a black qb and is labeled a racist because their “complaints” stem from being “racist”. Just stop.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 10:58 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
no, your thread topic was about ranking quarterbacks based on skin color. that's disgusting. We're all the same you ****ing bigot. there's no difference you ****ing racist
Dude, if you think we are all the same then why do we have DIFFERENT races, well?
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 11:01 PM 02-16-2020
In world strongest man competitions, we see a sport dominated by whites. Does that mean blacks are weaker when it comes to strength sports? Are they just finesse in other words? Perhaps they are better runners and whites are better lifters...perhaps not. Perhaps this has more to do with circumstances than not?

I do think this is more of a race baiting thread than anything. Sports is supposed to unify us. Not divide us. A lot of black people have great genetics. A lot of white people have great genetics. I personally dont care what race you are. If your on the chiefs roster, I'm rooting hard as hell for your success.
I don't bait.

Simply talking about the obvious differences between black and white QBs, the first thing we notice is speed.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:17 PM 02-16-2020
I don't bait.

Simply talking about the obvious differences between black and white QBs, the first thing we notice is speed.
Only because blacks have lower upper body mass, due to shorter torsos and longer legs.

that's it.

nothing more.

nothing less.

doesn't make them superior, which is always going to be your end game.

Really surprised they let you out.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 11:22 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Only because blacks have lower upper body mass, due to shorter torsos and longer legs.

that's it.

nothing more.

nothing less.

doesn't make them superior, which is always going to be your end game.

Really surprised they let you out.
So you are telling me the fact blacks totally dominate....

running back
cornerback
basketball
100m
200m
400m
110 hurdles
long jump

....but aren't superior, really?

Dude, we have threads here about poop, farts, washing ass, so cool....let you out.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:25 PM 02-16-2020

....but aren't superior, really?
see?

That's all you'll get from me.

I've met people like you my whole life, from both sides of the aisle. There is no difference.

I'll give you 60 days till you're rompered again.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 11:29 PM 02-16-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
see?

That's all you'll get from me.

I've met people like you my whole life, from both sides of the aisle. There is no difference.

I'll give you 60 days till you're rompered again.
So the topic of black QBs is a no no here? But cool to talk washing asses, right?
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:33 PM 02-16-2020
So the topic of black QBs is a no no here? But cool to talk washing asses, right?
How can we have a topic on black QB when you think Patrick is a black QB?
[Reply]
Page 22 of 28
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up