ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs bring back Robinson
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:53 PM 03-28-2020

The #Chiefs are re-signing WR Demarcus Robinson to a one-year deal, source said.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:16 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
So, what's he going to "work on" that he's been unable to work on the past 4 years?

Look, I'm not bagging on the signing at all but Robinson has been nothing more than a JAG and the lack of serious interest and contract reflect that fact.

I hope he's more productive when the ball comes his way this season but I'm not expecting him to suddenly take over the #2 spot in the offense.
he and the GF/Wife? hang out with Mahomes/Brittany a lot socially. Wonder if they needed a JAG, why not let it be someone Mahomes already gets along with and knows their tendencies on the field?
[Reply]
Skyy God 03:16 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
DRob for a $1M cap hit?

Good job Veachy!
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:20 PM 03-28-2020
Hyperbole.

What's most important is the fact that he was targeted 55 times and came down with only 32 of those throws.

That's a 42% incompletion rate.
Pretty much this.

He'll only ever be a WR3 at most probably, and as long as he doesn't get too expensive, that's fine.
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:21 PM 03-28-2020
Watson's future is clouded at this point and Robinson signed just a 1 year deal, so it seems very, very likely that the Chiefs will draft at least one wide receiver early in this draft.
Adding Pringle into the mix and I think this means even without Sammy we can wait on WR until a bit later. Use the first three picks on some combination of LB, DB, IOL and go from there.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:21 PM 03-28-2020
Let's also not forget that we do still have Gehrig Dieter!
[Reply]
Hydrae 03:22 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Now that is how you post a tweet into the right thread. Good job! :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:26 PM 03-28-2020
Let Watson walk and draft one.
[Reply]
Bump 03:27 PM 03-28-2020
Awesome!
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:29 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Let Watson walk and draft one.
Who?
[Reply]
tyecopeland 03:35 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
They used that Vet cap thing Dane talked about. Veach is up to date with this new CBA
We discussed (argued) about that in the sherman thread. I mentioned Robinson as the only other guy that would be eligible for it. Didnt think we'd be using it on him though. Glad to be wrong. But that means that whatever Sherman got paid all counts against the cap. Anything up to 1.25 mil over the minimum could have been used on either of those guys.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:51 PM 03-28-2020
That's not surprising to me. The guy played with the best QB in the league and had only 32 catches on 55 targets.

I never understood why people thought he'd leave in Free Agency with a multi-million dollar per year deal.
After the drops and opportunities he had, he wasn’t getting a deal like that. You don’t pay that much for a blocking WR.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:53 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Adding Pringle into the mix and I think this means even without Sammy we can wait on WR until a bit later. Use the first three picks on some combination of LB, DB, IOL and go from there.
I'd prefer the Chiefs draft to the strength of the class.

They missed out on 2014 and hope they don't miss out on 2020.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:53 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
After the drops and opportunities he had, he wasn’t getting a deal like that. You don’t pay that much for a blocking WR.
Exactly
[Reply]
Chargem 04:08 PM 03-28-2020
I don't know if I like the whole WR band getting back together when the draft class is so talented, so if Robinson is back I think letting Watkins go might be the right thing to do.

Sort of paves the way nicely for a draft pick, gives them a year to get up to speed on the offense to take a bigger role after this one year deal is up.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:11 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I don't believe that Pringle's presence on the roster should preclude the Chiefs from drafting an amazingly talented receiver from this class.

Pringle, who will turn 27 in November, is the very definition of a JAG.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up