ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs bring back Robinson
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:53 PM 03-28-2020

The #Chiefs are re-signing WR Demarcus Robinson to a one-year deal, source said.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 28, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:28 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Cheap deal. He’s gonna be hungry to prove what he’s got on a 1 year deal. I don’t expect him to make me think he’s some great player, but if there’s ever a time he’s gonna do it, it should be on this 1 year deal contract so I’m good with it.
He should have been "hungry" in the final season of his contract yet 32 catches on 55 target.

That doesn't sound "hungry" to me.

Not to mention his underwhelming performance in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:37 PM 03-28-2020
Meh. Happy he's staying cheap buthes never gone past his nothing needed status.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:38 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
He should have been "hungry" in the final season of his contract yet 32 catches on 55 target.

In this offense it’s hard to rack up catches when you’re literally the 5th or 6th option. Watkins didn’t rack up the catches either and he’s the #2 WR.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:43 PM 03-28-2020
He had what like 35 catches. So his knew deal is 68k per catch. That sounds insane what athletes make.
[Reply]
kcclone 02:49 PM 03-28-2020
Cheap deal and he knows the offense so it’s a solid decision. The market for WR’s must be drying up with a deep draft class at that position.
[Reply]
FAX 02:52 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
He had what like 35 catches. So his knew deal is 68k per catch. That sounds insane what athletes make.
I used to get this all the time. "You want HOW MUCH? For an HOUR?"

What these rubes never seemed to realize is that you're not paying for that hour. You're paying for the tens of thousands of practice hours.

Rubes are wacky.

FAX
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:53 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
In this offense it’s hard to rack up catches when you’re literally the 5th or 6th option. Watkins didn’t rack up the catches either and he’s the #2 WR.
Sure but 32 catches on 55 targets is pretty weak.

I mean, sure, it's more than fine for a 1 year, $1 million dollar deal but I don't think the rest of the league looked at him as anything special, hence the lack of even a Chris Conley-type deal.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:54 PM 03-28-2020

I agree that hungry is not the issue for Demarcus.

You know he works hard and wants to succeed. He was part of the off season workout crowd that caught passes from Patrick. (There were several videos that showed this). He is one of the positive team cheer leaders that seems to be encouraging others.

If anything his drops are part of trying too hard and not being relaxed and natural but you absolutely know that he can make the tough catch because he has made some beautiful ones.

Also I have no stats to show for this, but I think several of his drops were on throws that were a little bit off. A little behind where he had to reach back. Yes, a good receiver needs to bring those in. I think he will work on that and be better this next season.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:56 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
I think he will work on that and be better this next season.
So, what's he going to "work on" that he's been unable to work on the past 4 years?

Look, I'm not bagging on the signing at all but Robinson has been nothing more than a JAG and the lack of serious interest and contract reflect that fact.

I hope he's more productive when the ball comes his way this season but I'm not expecting him to suddenly take over the #2 spot in the offense.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:56 PM 03-28-2020

Problem for Robinson is now he’s got Hardman learning more of the offense in year 2 and having valuable snaps cut down.

Still can’t believe people on this board thought Robinson was better than Hardman last year :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 02:58 PM 03-28-2020
The WR market has stalled for everyone except Cooper because of the draft class. Bringing back a guy who knows the system and has started is a big move especially when Watkins is either our or often injured if he does return.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:59 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Problem for Robinson is now he’s got Hardman learning more of the offense in year 2 and having valuable snaps cut down.

Still can’t believe people on this board thought Robinson was better than Hardman last year :-)
Watson's future is clouded at this point and Robinson signed just a 1 year deal, so it seems very, very likely that the Chiefs will draft at least one wide receiver early in this draft.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:59 PM 03-28-2020
What do you mean, we can have 3 1000 yard WRs and a TE that gets 1000 yards and they all get 10 TDs! I mean Pat can throw 4000 yds and 40 TDs in his sleep.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:59 PM 03-28-2020
Yes, like a 4th or 5th rounder.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:01 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Hoover:
What do you mean, we can have 3 1000 yard WRs and a TE that gets 1000 yards and they all get 10 TDs! I mean Pat can throw 4000 yds and 40 TDs in his sleep.
Hyperbole.

What's most important is the fact that he was targeted 55 times and came down with only 32 of those throws.

That's a 42% incompletion rate.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up