ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>So what do we get for Jonesy?
Chris Meck 08:57 AM 02-17-2020
Man, the more I look at the cap numbers and our cache of picks as well as the areas in which we need to improve our talent level...the more I just think we kind of HAVE to tag and trade Jones and let Watkins go as well.

I don't think we get a Khalil Mack haul, but I've seen a mid #2 floated as well. I think that's horseshit.

What do you think we get in a tag-and-trade scenario for Jones?

What (if any) compensation do you think we'd receive for Watkins?
[Reply]
spanky 52 09:15 AM 02-17-2020
Colts need a 3 technique that can pass rush, maybe their first pick in the second, #34.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:16 AM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by spanky 52:
Colts need a 3 technique that can pass rush, maybe their first pick in the second, #34.

I don't think so.

This ain't Dee Ford.
[Reply]
spanky 52 09:20 AM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't think so.

This ain't Dee Ford.
I completely understand that, I'm just having a hard time trying to find a suitable trade partner.
[Reply]
wachashi 09:53 AM 02-17-2020
I think a relevant comparison is the tag/trade deal we made with Seattle for Frank Clark. He cost us about 240 points in draft capital, using the Rich Hill chart.

If Jones and Clark get a similar valuation, then I think you can somewhat narrow down likely trading partners.

Based on need, division, draft capital, and salary cap, these teams make sense to me:

Seattle: pick 27 + 2021 third
Detroit: pick 32 + 67
Miami: pick 26 + 2021 third or fourth
Indy: pick 34 + 75

Of course, there are so many possible scenarios it's almost pointless to speculate but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these. Seattle makes the most sense to me, because they're the closest to contending.
[Reply]
wachashi 10:02 AM 02-17-2020
For Watkins, I just don't see a team giving up draft capital for the right to overpay Sammy for one year. The team trading for him will absorb a $14 million cap hit, which is expensive, but not insane. The question for a Sammy trade is whether or not there's a team out there that would prefer to get him on an expensive one-year deal VS getting him on a cheaper long-term deal. He's an elite WR2 with an injury history that is getting cut unless rescued by a trade. That's going to push his value down.

We're not getting anything substantial in a Sammy Watkins trade.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:14 AM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by wachashi:
I think a relevant comparison is the tag/trade deal we made with Seattle for Frank Clark. He cost us about 240 points in draft capital, using the Rich Hill chart.

If Jones and Clark get a similar valuation, then I think you can somewhat narrow down likely trading partners.

Based on need, division, draft capital, and salary cap, these teams make sense to me:

Seattle: pick 27 + 2021 third
Detroit: pick 32 + 67
Miami: pick 26 + 2021 third or fourth
Indy: pick 34 + 75

Of course, there are so many possible scenarios it's almost pointless to speculate but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of these. Seattle makes the most sense to me, because they're the closest to contending.
I really want two picks in this draft for Jones. Detroits #35 and #67 would be ideal.

1. You send Jones to the NFC, to a team not named the Seahawks, because I don't want to face him in the Super Bowl either.

2. At #35 you can get his replacement or fill in another major need.

3.AT #67 you can get another nice player whether its a WR or offensive linemen.

Sign me up
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:35 PM 02-17-2020
I don’t see the Lions wanting to pay money to both Jones and Trey Flowers.

Plus they’re dealing with their own contract issues with Slay.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:38 PM 02-17-2020
Interesting question.

Would you trade Chris Jones for Darius Slay?

You’d have to pay Slay, who said he wants to be the highest paid CB, to a new deal. But the highest paid CB is only getting $75 million right now.

No I don’t think this has a .00001% chance of happening....but it’s the offseason.
[Reply]
Chargem 12:42 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Interesting question.

Would you trade Chris Jones for Darius Slay?

You’d have to pay Slay, who said he wants to be the highest paid CB, to a new deal. But the highest paid CB is only getting $75 million right now.

No I don’t think this has a .00001% chance of happening....but it’s the offseason.
If you have the money to pay a dude, just pay Jones. This doesn't make any sense to me.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:08 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chargem:
If you have the money to pay a dude, just pay Jones. This doesn't make any sense to me.
Agreed.

If I’m moving on from Jones, it’s cause I plan on replacing him with 3-4 players.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:32 PM 02-17-2020
I haven't seen anyone mention where Jones would actually sign a long term deal. He is from Mississippi. I would assume he would want another chance at a SB.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:54 PM 02-17-2020
Am I the only one that thinks Jones stays here and plays on a franchise tag deal for a year? They can structure Mahomes' new contract in a cap friendly manner the first year or two and ensure that Jones at least plays on a tag number. I only say that because I don't think anyone is willing to deal us what Jones is worth, and I don't think Veach is going to allow himself to take it in the shorts with some bullshit 2 and a 5 type of offer....
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:53 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I haven't seen anyone mention where Jones would actually sign a long term deal. He is from Mississippi. I would assume he would want another chance at a SB.
I’m not even sure what your post means.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:50 PM 02-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Are you saying if he was traded, he wouldn’t want to sign a long term deal because he’d want to become a Chief again?

If so, that’s crazy. He has a chance to set his family up for generations. He signs as soon as it makes sense, Chiefs or elsewhere.

That said, he’s made it known he wants to be a Chief for life.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up