ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss
philfree 08:38 PM 01-03-2020
It's that time again. Time to evaluate ones health status and begin a healthy life process for the new year and beyond. With hindsight 50/50 and the odds being 20/20 I'm in search of a plan.

I have all the tools at home(weights, treadmill etc) to do the work and I've used it all successfully in the past. I'm just not sure I want to go that route again. Or at least I need a new toy to get motivated. I've been eyeing the Bowflex Max. Does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Max?
[Reply]
-King- 02:03 AM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by bricks:
Wow. Thats a hefty weight gain in a short time span.

I know how that feels. Been there, done that. Got out of it.

Its a shitty feeling I agree.

Faith is the most important thing to help you overcome this and to persist through it. It all starts with you, really wanting it and believing that you could accomplish your goals. One day at a time and try to stay positive everyday.

Positive self-fulfilling prophecies are our best friends. All the best bud. Hope you get out of this situation.
Yeah I know how I am and I just need 2 or 3 solid workouts and I'll be back in it, but man, its unbelievable how lazy I've been. I always have periods of laziness when my routine gets interrupted for multiple days at a time, but nothing like this.

My goal is to be 185ish by mid April so if I start now, that should be an easy to meet seeing as I usually aim for 1.5 to 2lbs a week. I just have to make it down to my gym first...
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:33 AM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah I know how I am and I just need 2 or 3 solid workouts and I'll be back in it, but man, its unbelievable how lazy I've been. I always have periods of laziness when my routine gets interrupted for multiple days at a time, but nothing like this.

My goal is to be 185ish by mid April so if I start now, that should be an easy to meet seeing as I usually aim for 1.5 to 2lbs a week. I just have to make it down to my gym first...
Do you have a gym membership or workout at home? If you have a membership how close is it to your house? I'd say start out on a Friday or Saturday those tend to be the days I'm less lazy then you'll get into the flow of it hopefully.
[Reply]
scho63 05:46 AM 01-05-2020
So the "Biscuits and Gravy" and "2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss" are running side by side on CP as I post.

That speaks volumes.....:-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:38 AM 01-05-2020
Thinking about knocking out 5 more jumping jacks this afternoon.
[Reply]
philfree 09:41 AM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I think you should move on to some Squat Thrust.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:44 AM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Working out is a lifestyle and habit at this point.

I’ll never stop and feel weird if I miss the gym for multiple days.
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This is where I am. I feel like a lazy piece of shit when I miss a day at the gym; can't imagine myself stopping altogether.
Same. If I miss working out for a a few days due to life, I feel bad and miss it. Just get in the habit and party on.
[Reply]
philfree 09:44 AM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
So the "Biscuits and Gravy" and "2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss" are running side by side on CP as I post.

That speaks volumes.....:-)
What are you smoking thread should be up soon too. LOL

Edit: The Wife says she wants some Biscuits and Gravy for breakfast. Sounds good along with a couple eggs over medium. I don't think eating a good breakfast is ever the problem it's what happens the rest of the day.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:49 AM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
I hope you break your leg
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:13 AM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I hope you break your leg
yeah, that's possible .I might hold off.
[Reply]
scho63 06:47 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
What is the best "single" for a bottle of water? Kool-Aid, Crystal Light, Mio or ?????
I am stopping Mtn. Dew as I have been putting on too much weight.
I still have one in the morning and a cup of coffee after work to make sure I don't have caffeine headaches.
Powerade Zero is great and at .69-.80 for a 32 ounce bottle, you cant beat it. I've actually gotten it on sale at Fry's or Safeway for .49, a real steal.

Zero calories and the grape,orange and fruit punch taste really good. :-)
[Reply]
-King- 06:49 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Do you have a gym membership or workout at home? If you have a membership how close is it to your house? I'd say start out on a Friday or Saturday those tend to be the days I'm less lazy then you'll get into the flow of it hopefully.
Home gym.
[Reply]
The Franchise 06:52 PM 01-05-2020
Getting back into it. Doing intermittent fasting and going to try and get back to the gym at least three times a week. Taking the oldest kid so hopefully that will keep me on task.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:00 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
What is the best "single" for a bottle of water? Kool-Aid, Crystal Light, Mio or ?????
I am stopping Mtn. Dew as I have been putting on too much weight.
I still have one in the morning and a cup of coffee after work to make sure I don't have caffeine headaches.
We have a water here called WaterJoe. It has caffeine in it. The neighbors dad works for the company. Don't know if you can get it there

https://waterjoe.com/
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 09:29 PM 01-05-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Ran a half marathon on Xmas eve. Been having trouble with my outside right knee ever since. Been running 5k’s every couple days and around 2-2.5 miles into the run my knee pain flares up, every time. Guess it’s time to bike ride for a week. Bike riding feels like I’m not getting a full workout.
I’ve had a similar experience. I ran the KC half marathon this year and felt great. Signed up for the Garmin half and have been running 10+ on Sundays. Got the same symptoms you’re describing right around Thanksgiving. Tried to power through but has seemed to make it worse. Dr. Google tells me it’s an illiotibial (IT) band issue. I’m wearing a brace while doing elliptical and zero runner, but getting frustrated not being on the road during this great winter weather. Not to mention this is affecting my training regimen.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:15 PM 01-05-2020
Lets do this!

[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up