ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 Health, Fitness And Weight Loss
philfree 08:38 PM 01-03-2020
It's that time again. Time to evaluate ones health status and begin a healthy life process for the new year and beyond. With hindsight 50/50 and the odds being 20/20 I'm in search of a plan.

I have all the tools at home(weights, treadmill etc) to do the work and I've used it all successfully in the past. I'm just not sure I want to go that route again. Or at least I need a new toy to get motivated. I've been eyeing the Bowflex Max. Does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Max?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:02 PM 01-03-2020
Working out is a lifestyle and habit at this point.

I’ll never stop and feel weird if I miss the gym for multiple days.
[Reply]
philfree 09:19 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

I like to work out but I have a bad cycle where I put in the work and do good things and get into pretty good shape.(for an older guy) But then I slowly lose interest and then deteriorate over time. Over a few years time. That's where I'm at now except I've had a lot of life stress that's contributed to my current down turn. It's time to shake it off and get with it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:20 PM 01-03-2020

This is where I am. I feel like a lazy piece of shit when I miss a day at the gym; can't imagine myself stopping altogether.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:29 PM 01-03-2020
I've lost three pounds already this year. Dang virus. I've been dragging myself around for the entire decade so far.
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:05 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've lost three pounds already this year. Dang virus. I've been dragging myself around for the entire decade so far.
Please don't die.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:14 PM 01-03-2020

I feel this way about Scotch.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:22 PM 01-03-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Must be going around the office at Sandbox.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:59 PM 01-03-2020

I used to be like that. Then you hit 30 and are like does it really matter? Who am I trying to impress. I mean if you want to live longer I get it but thats about it. I used to be a big time work out goon. Takes alot to maintain.

Went from 192 lbs, benching 300 lbs to 175 lbs skinny fat guy with close to 19% body fat. I lose weight as I get older. Just get fatter.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:09 PM 01-03-2020
I'm much more motivated to workout at the gym than home. Did 10 miles bird hunting today up and down in the mountains over about 5 hours. Serious leg cramps but feel amazing. Gym 3 days a week, mountains one. Does wonders for the psychological outlook as well.
[Reply]
philfree 01:22 AM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
I'm much more motivated to workout at the gym than home. Did 10 miles bird hunting today up and down in the mountains over about 5 hours. Serious leg cramps but feel amazing. Gym 3 days a week, mountains one. Does wonders for the psychological outlook as well.
Bird Hunting used to be part of my fitness but the last few years I hardly went so I got rid of my dogs last spring. But yeah being out in the field is good for your well being. In a good year I'd workout in January-mid March and then start golfing and pounding balls with the workouts going away as Springs comes on but the golf and a few laps in the pool. Then bird hunt in the fall and early winter.

I think now it needs to be work out-golf,swim a few laps-watch Chiefs and walk on down the beach. To a tiki bar. I think that should cover the yearly cycle. Just need to start some kind of works outs now. And stop gorging and slamming Crown and Sprite. :-) Piece of cake!
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:19 AM 01-04-2020
I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu 4-5 times a week. Haven't been getting to my MMA sessions lately, so I need to get my ass back in gear.

That keeps my conditioning up, my mind stable. In terms of losing weight, after 35 it is ALL diet. No dairy, soy, gluten, corn, added sugar, white starches. Do that for a month, along with a nutrient-dense vegan protein. Not because I love animals, but because non-soy vegan protein is the SHIT. Whey protein may as well be injections of fat into your body. It's the protein of cow's milk, which has exactly one purpose on earth: making baby cows become big fat cows.

I do a pea and cranberry protein. No artificial ingredients, all non-GMO. Just incredibly nutritious, tasty, and satisfying. I did this last year, worked out LESS, and lost more weight than I ever have, even when I was running marathons.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:20 AM 01-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I used to be like that. Then you hit 30 and are like does it really matter? Who am I trying to impress. I mean if you want to live longer I get it but thats about it. I used to be a big time work out goon. Takes alot to maintain.

Went from 192 lbs, benching 300 lbs to 175 lbs skinny fat guy with close to 19% body fat. I lose weight as I get older. Just get fatter.
You’re partially right.

My 20’s was about looking good for the ladies.

In my mid 30’s working out is now 100% for me.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 07:24 AM 01-04-2020
My new daily routine is celery juice in the am, Peloton right after work, marrow broth just before dinner, coconut water just before bed for the sweet tooth. Three clean meals, two healthy snacks. Very minimal breads & pastas. Weights, pushups/pullups twice a week. Down 4.
[Reply]
Mennonite 07:37 AM 01-04-2020
This all sounds horrible guys.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up