ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 153
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:58 PM 03-22-2020
I'm OK with this.

[Reply]
bowener 10:56 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
This makes me so happy on two fronts. I absolutely love Rosario Dawson and would murder nearly anybody to spend a weekend with her, and I love Ahsoka's storyline through all the animated series'.

edit: I wonder if Ahsoka has been hiding on Yoda's home world?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:51 PM 03-24-2020
I'M HARD

Michael Biehn has been cast in Star Wars: The Mandalorian's second season #StarWars #TheMandalorian https://t.co/swYnbIefvf pic.twitter.com/y9N2fKKKZ9

— Jason Ward (@MakingStarWars) March 24, 2020

[Reply]
keg in kc 02:21 PM 03-24-2020
Not sure why I didn't think about this sooner, but it's weird that these castings are coming out now. If I remember right, they wrapped on shooting for season two weeks ago.

edit: Yep.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 02:49 PM 03-25-2020
Bounty ‘puck’ - implies ice hockey exists in the Star Wars galaxy. Will that be another spin off?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:57 PM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Not sure why I didn't think about this sooner, but it's weird that these castings are coming out now. If I remember right, they wrapped on shooting for season two weeks ago.

edit: Yep.
From my understanding, it's a Marketing Strategy in order to keep new subscribers that are joining due to the virus.
[Reply]
listopencil 12:14 AM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:
Bounty ‘puck’ - implies ice hockey exists in the Star Wars galaxy. Will that be another spin off?

Not according to the uncertain etymology of puck.
[Reply]
UK_Chief 02:50 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Not according to the uncertain etymology of puck.
So youre saying you wouldn’t like to see Star Wars on ice at Disneyland?
[Reply]
listopencil 11:01 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by UK_Chief:
So youre saying you wouldn’t like to see Star Wars on ice at Disneyland?

Nope.
[Reply]
zoejakubo 02:02 AM 03-31-2020
Wonderful!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:18 AM 03-31-2020
My son and I learned the theme song on guitar and play it together here and there. Just the basic part for me, while he gets the more complicated stuff. (to me anyway)

Fun to play.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:20 PM 04-03-2020
So, during today's new episode of Clone Wars...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:11 AM 04-05-2020
Clone Wars sucks complete dick so far.

The clone trooper arc was barely interesting and ashoka’s friends are boring and have boring and really dumb stories.

But at least we got Anakin for 10 seconds in 3 episodes.
[Reply]
Valiant 04:40 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
From my understanding, it's a Marketing Strategy in order to keep new subscribers that are joining due to the virus.
Once my Verizon free deal ends I am cancelling. They do not have enough lined up for me to pay. People with kids I can see them keeping. They better hope they don't get a big falloff like hbo from it.

Personally I think Google and Netflix should partner up.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:46 PM 04-05-2020
Originally Posted by Valiant:
Once my Verizon free deal ends I am cancelling. They do not have enough lined up for me to pay. People with kids I can see them keeping. They better hope they don't get a big falloff like hbo from it.
I can understand adults cancelling Disney+ but for people like me with younger kids, it's amazing. Keep in mind, ABC, NBC, Fox & CBS don't air any Family shows in Prime Time. It's not like when I was a kid when we could turn on the TV and see Brady Bunch, Gilligan and a whole host of family oriented fare.

Plus, there is SO MUCH content on Disney+ that it would take years to go through it all. And FWIW, their numbers are through the roof and they're streaming more than Netflix at this point.

Originally Posted by Valiant:
Personally I think Google and Netflix should partner up.
Why? That would be astronomically awful. Netflix does just fine with screwing people over in terms of royalties and upfront payments to talent and crew.

Adding Google, the largest copyright infringers on the planet, would utterly destroy the entire entertainment business in less than a decade.

Fuck that.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 153
« First < 202627282930 313233344080130 > Last »
Up