ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 51
« First < 344041424344 45464748 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:46 AM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Also, did anyone else notice that was Marshawn Lynch (aka Beast Mode) in a small role next to Aaron Paul?
It didn't make a big splash in the episode itself, but his casting was some of the higher-profile 'buzz' about the new season, and featured in the post-credits 'inside the episode' clip.

[Reply]
vailpass 05:44 PM 03-18-2020
Evan Rachel Woods apparently stayed in the gym during offseason. That body is right.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:45 PM 03-22-2020
Holy shit.

It has its hooks in me now.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:46 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Evan Rachel Woods apparently stayed in the gym during offseason. That body is right.
Thandie Newton too. My god.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:39 PM 03-23-2020
In case you were wondering, that was Dan and Dave, . . . and Drogon.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:54 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
In case you were wondering, that was Dan and Dave, . . . and Rheagal.
I noticed. And laughed.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:21 PM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Can confirm.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:48 PM 03-26-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Loved her in MI2
[Reply]
listopencil 11:00 PM 03-26-2020
I think Dolores, Maeve, and Bernard are going to work together to figure out how to fold the hosts into a modern human society. Dolores is powerful but wild. Maeve won't put up with being controlled. Bernard wants to be a force for good in the world. I could see the season winding through a bunch of plotlines and ending up with all three of them working together to assimilate the hosts, possibly using immortality as a bargaining chip to deal with the humans.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:23 AM 03-27-2020
After 2+ years now, I'm still not sure this show is good. It's certainly not bad, though. And it's at least always intriguing.

Maybe the plot will finally go somewhere with Dolores/Bernard out in the real world.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:16 PM 03-29-2020
Tonight’s episode was great
[Reply]
BWillie 10:27 AM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Tonight’s episode was great
Thought it was the worst one yet, but just because I don't know if I'm thrilled with where the show might be going. Feels like Inception to a degree.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:18 PM 03-30-2020
This appears to be a completely different kind of show than the first 2 seasons. That may be a good thing.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 03:18 PM 03-30-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Thought it was the worst one yet, but just because I don't know if I'm thrilled with where the show might be going. Feels like Inception to a degree.
I disagree,

but to each is their own, I really feel like the shows concept is pretty cool right now.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:25 PM 03-31-2020
I really like it so far.

Am I right in presuming that the persona inside Charlotte is Teddy?

There is some really really good filmmaking in this show. Particularly when Charlotte was melting down and getting in the car with the bent windows that distorted her face really set the mood.

Also, Ramin Djawadi is a fucking wizard.

The last scene with Delores and Caleb is really well done and super compelling.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 51
« First < 344041424344 45464748 > Last »
Up