ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>War of the Worlds (Epix)
crayzkirk 04:10 PM 03-25-2020
Somehow, I now have Epix and Showtime on Spectrum... Anyway, was flipping through the channels and found a new French/US series that's a modern day re-telling of the H.G. Wells classic.

I've watched the available episodes that are On Demand; it's a little bit slow and there's more drama than action.

Anyone else watched any of it? I don't want to give anything away however the most unbelievable part for me so far is:

The
French
Haven't
Surrendered
And
Sided
With
The
Aliens
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:27 PM 04-08-2020
Just to bump this up.

Really? No one else has watched it? I'm not going to give away the ending however I wasn't really paying that much attention and had it figured out.

Only 11 days of free Epix and Showtime left. I really need to contact Spectrum and change my options; all of these channels are showing movies that are really old.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:35 AM 04-09-2020

[Reply]
Rasputin 05:36 AM 04-09-2020
This is a very classic movie
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:36 AM 04-09-2020

[Reply]
Rasputin 05:38 AM 04-09-2020
From what I understand is back before tv they did a Radio show H.G Wells of the War of the Worlds and people lost their shit over thinking we were actually being attacked by Aliens and people offed themselves.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:02 PM 04-09-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
This is a very classic movie
Yep, they re-used the sound for the photon torpedo firing on Star Trek.

However, has anyone else watched the series?

When I was a kid, I wouldn't ride in my aunt's Corvair because it sounded like the heat ray when it started. That car scared me to death.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:21 PM 04-09-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Yep, they re-used the sound for the photon torpedo firing on Star Trek.

However, has anyone else watched the series?

When I was a kid, I wouldn't ride in my aunt's Corvair because it sounded like the heat ray when it started. That car scared me to death.

One of the first cars I ever had. Royal piece of crap. The heater didn't work, so I had to scrape the ice off the INSIDE of the windows to drive...but lots of fond memories.....The Redhead up at the lake still stands out in my mind. :-)
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:11 PM 04-09-2020
From what I understand is back before tv they did a Radio show H.G Wells of the War of the Worlds and people lost their shit over thinking we were actually being attacked by Aliens and people offed themselves.
Wives tale
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:51 PM 04-09-2020
The book is better.
[Reply]
Fish 10:13 PM 04-09-2020
I don't know...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Oregon chief 11:39 PM 04-09-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Just to bump this up.

Really? No one else has watched it? I'm not going to give away the ending however I wasn't really paying that much attention and had it figured out.

Only 11 days of free Epix and Showtime left. I really need to contact Spectrum and change my options; all of these channels are showing movies that are really old.

I’ve been watching it. I like it. So far I think it’s really well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:19 AM 05-23-2020
I enjoyed the dramatic flair in it. Not a bad story really. What drove me nuts was them acting like a Red Dot sight had some sort of magnification. Is it really that hard to properly research things?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:10 PM 05-23-2020
Orson Welles (unrelated to HG Wells) did a dramatic reading of War Of The Worlds on Halloween night, 1938. The show, which aired on CBS Radio that night, had very few listeners because most people were out Trick or Treating. Some people tuned in mid-show, unaware that this was a dramatic reading of the book but according to the FCC, that number was extremely small. The overwhelming majority knew it was a radio play.

No one committed suicide because of this broadcast but it did make Welles a household name.
[Reply]
Up