ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Today was the best binge watching of my life...all the Chiefs playoff games
Trivers 07:35 PM 03-21-2020
Game Pass was great!

All the games, one after another, and switching to Coaches View for key plays.

I was stressed during the live games. Now it was fun to re-celebrate!

I thoroughly enjoyed the Houston game and how we thumped them after being down by 24. Houston had bad coaching. Give Sorenson a raise!

The Tits game was a blast! They came out cocky after the upset earlier in the year and beating NE and Balt. We completely controlled them in the 2nd half!

Really enjoyed Tony Romo's color comments. Much better that Troy Aikman.

And watched the last 9 minutes of the SB numerous times.

We scored 3 TDs in 5 minutes.

Why? Loved our play calling and hurry up tempo. Did SF defense just get tired and gave #15 more time?

Fun day!
[Reply]
PurpleRiders51 11:44 PM 03-22-2020
Henry with 106 yards & a TD in the first half against the Fuckstickriots. Not bad.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:58 PM 03-23-2020
I feel the same way - It feels like Ground Hog Day and I am loving every minute of it! Geaux Chiefs! :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:28 AM 03-24-2020
https://theathletic.com/1692951/2020...art-1-2009-14/

Resurfacing the Classics:
Games that Chiefs fans should rewatch, Part 1(2009-14)

Seth Keysor

Originally Posted by :
It’s quite the world we’re living in today. With many states on something of a lockdown, businesses closed or operating at a limited capacity and people confined to their homes, it’s a strange and, let’s be honest, scary time.

First things first: It’s going to be OK. It really will. Take advantage of this time to love and enjoy your family, and take advantage of this opportunity to help out your neighbors as much as you can.

Even with those two things, however, many of us figure to have plenty of extra time on our hands. With people stuck at home — many of whom aren’t working at the moment — the next challenge is how to avoid becoming stir-crazy. Then the NFL went ahead and did the football-loving world a massive favor, making NFL Game Pass available for everyone.

For those who are unfamiliar, NFL Game Pass is a marvelous tool. It contains (almost) every NFL game played since 2009. It also features coach’s film (with a wider camera angle and a “Madden cam” angle) for many games, allowing the viewer to see what analysts see. There’s also exclusive content such as NFL original programming, film sessions and more.

The biggest draw, at least for me, is simply the library of games. Suddenly, fans now have more than 150 games available that they can rewatch. But with all this availability, it may seem daunting for fans to pick and choose what games they should go back and enjoy all over again. With that in mind, it seems as good a time as any to take a stroll down (recent) memory lane.

Because so many of the Chiefs’ best games were from the 2019 season, I decided to set that incredibly special season aside. Chiefs fans know they’ll have fun rewatching the Chiefs come back from 24 points down vs. the Texans in the divisional-round playoff game, or winning the Lamar Hunt Trophy in a roaring Arrowhead Stadium. Then, of course, there’s the dramatic Super Bowl win. So for the purpose of this list, we’ll focus on the 2009 (the beginning of the library) through 2018 seasons. In part 1, I’ll provide seven games from 2009 through 2014 that stand out as enjoyable games to watch again now having our newfound access. We’ll go in chronological order, as trying to rank these games would be difficult.

2009: Week 17, KC @ Denver: DJ and Charles show us the future

The 2009 season was not too fun for Chiefs fans. The first year of the Todd Haley and Scott Pioli era didn’t lead to the turnaround many had hoped for, and new quarterback Matt Cassel wasn’t able to replicate his 2008 success in New England. Both the offense and defense sputtered, and the Chiefs stumbled into the final week of the season on a five-game losing streak.

But Week 17 against the Broncos proved to be a portent of things to come for a pair of future Chiefs greats. Running back Jamaal Charles and linebacker Derrick Johnson took over the game on their respective sides of the ball with signature performances, the former rushing for 259 yards at more than 10 yards per carry and the latter picking off a pair of passes that he returned for touchdowns. Charles and Johnson are two of the greatest Chiefs to ever suit up, and it’s the best kind of nostalgia seeing them get started.

2010: Week 1, SD @ KC: Party in the rain

The 2010 season was always destined to be fool’s gold, with a disappointing end and a team that was more flawed than it initially appeared. But no one knew that under the lights of a newly renovated Arrowhead Stadium. All Chiefs fans knew was that Charles was a star, the rookie class — which featured Eric Berry, Dexter McCluster, Kendrick Lewis, Javier Arenas and Tony Moeaki — looked electric, and the defense gave Philip Rivers more than he could handle when it mattered most. The climax of this game in a torrential downpour as Arrowhead roars is a moment that stands the test of time.

2012: Week 3, KC @ New Orleans: Charles burns, Houston dominates

There was little to like about the Chiefs’ 2012 season. The franchise hit one of its lowest points in history, going 2-14 under a baffled Romeo Crennel and destroying the optimism of Chiefs fans in a way that didn’t fully really heal until February 2020.

For one week, though, the Chiefs gave fans hope in a performance for the ages from a pair of superstars.

Charles ran the ball for more than 200 yards that day against the Saints, with one of the signature runs of his career as he streaked into the end zone from 90 yards away. In the meantime, outside linebacker Justin Houston single-handedly slowed down the Saints’ offense enough for the Chiefs to stay in the game by sacking Saints quarterback Drew Brees three times (one of which was in the end zone for a safety), hitting Brees another four times and knocking down two passes. It’s easy to forget just how great a player Houston was at his apex, and this game serves as a reminder of the way he could take over games.

2013: Week 1, KC @ Jacksonville: Dawn of a new era

While many Chiefs fans associate the drafting of Patrick Mahomes in 2017 as the turning point in Kansas City, the truth is it started four years earlier. Owner Clark Hunt brought in head coach Andy Reid after the 2012 season, and this game marked the first of Reid’s tenure in Kansas City. The difference in the way the offense was run was apparent from the very first touchdown, and it was clear that the era of inept Chiefs football was over. This game also features signature performances from Johnson, Houston, nose tackle Dontari Poe and another all-time great Chief in Tamba Hali. This game was the spark, even if we didn’t know it until years later.

2013: Week 15, KC @ Oakland: The day Charles broke fantasy football

There isn’t much to say about this game other than “Jamaal. Charles.”

Quarterback Alex Smith completed 17 of 20 passes for 287 yards and 5 touchdowns, but Charles was the star of this game despite rushing for a mere 20 yards on 8 carries. Charles did his damage through the air, catching 8 passes for 195 yards and all five of the touchdowns Smith threw that day. The Oakland defense was completely befuddled by Reid’s screens, and Charles flashed his speed to the point of such exasperation that years later, offensive linemen who were playing in the game still talk about it.

Fans spend a lot of time playing the “Remember when …” game. But when former players are doing it, that’s a sure way to know that a game was special. It’s also one of the greatest fantasy football performances in history, especially given that it came in a crucial week (in my case, it helped me win a championship). Somehow, the fact that it happened in front of an incensed Oakland crowd makes it even better.

2014: Week 4, KC @ New England: Bringing the noise and getting Tom Brady benched

142.2 decibels.

Almost every Chiefs fan knows that number by heart. Most of them also know when Arrowhead Stadium officially became recognized as the loudest in the NFL. It came during a Monday Night Football contest against the New England Patriots that stopped being a contest long before it was over. Reid completely outfoxed longtime nemesis Bill Belichick, Charles returned from injury to score three touchdowns, and the Chiefs poured on the points against New England.

However, it was the defense that provided most of the highlights that night, with Houston and Hali sacking Patriots quarterbacks (not Brady, as he was eventually pulled when the game became a laugher) three times and a swarming secondary knocking down seven passes and picking off two others. An already-roaring Arrowhead was brought to an absolute frenzy when safety Husain Abdullah (an underrated defender the Chiefs never really managed to replace until 2020) picked off Brady for a pick-six that put the game so far out of reach that Belichick pulled Brady from the game the following drive.

The Patriots are the Patriots, and that season ended with more frustration than joy in Kansas City. But for one night, the Chiefs were the best team in the world, and Arrowhead was as untouchable as it had been in the ’90s.

2014: Week 11, Seattle @ KC: The man who could fly

It was cold at Arrowhead on Nov. 16, 2014; a cloudy day with some wind made the mid-20s feel a bit chillier, even for a guy from Minnesota. Arrowhead was packed, though, as the Chiefs were riding a four-game win streak and hosting the defending Super Bowl-champion Seattle Seahawks and their legendary Legion of Boom defense. If the Chiefs wanted to be taken seriously as a contender, this was a game they had to win.

That day, I was on hand for one of the singular greatest performances by an individual player (not named Mahomes) that I’ve ever witnessed.

Charles ran for 159 yards on only 20 carries and scored a pair of touchdowns. He also caught two passes for an additional 19 yards. He accounted for 60 percent of the Chiefs’ total yards against a Seahawks defense that was swarming every passing lane and ball carrier. But those numbers don’t account for how brilliant Charles was that day. This wasn’t a case where mistakes by the defense such as missed tackles or poor angles led to Charles’ production. He had to earn every yard against a great opponent by being greater, and he was.

This game, more than any other, will always be the definitive Jamaal Charles game for me. It didn’t have the gaudy stats he produced in some of his other performances, but it was the best example of how, when he was at his best, Charles was better than anyone else on the field. As defenders chased, grasped, missed,and fell time after time, Charles spent the day making a group of All-Pros look like they were slogging through the mud while he ran on a perfect surface. Charles once said that his life changed when he learned he could fly, and this game was the moment he soared highest.

During hard times, it’s easy to focus on the problems in front of us and wonder whether things will ever get better. It might seem like it’s impossible that they will. But it’s important that we keep in mind that “impossible” is just a word, one that holds only as much power as we allow it to have. After all, before the last two years, I would’ve thought it was impossible for the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl on the back of a quarterback who looks ready to join the ranks of the greatest in history. And before Jamaal Charles, I would have thought it was impossible for a man to fly.

Sports are a silly thing, but in times like these, we need silly things. I hope that looking back and watching these games can provide a little joy while we sit and wait. Next time, in Part 2, we’ll look at 2015-18 as the Chiefs finally moved into the new era.

[Reply]
ChiTown 09:27 AM 03-24-2020
I apologize if this is a repost, but this is a fucking awesome breakdown of "The Play" in the SB.

https://youtu.be/t-t6tbS5waE
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:50 PM 03-24-2020
YouTube has a lot of old Super Bowl’s on it now.

I’m watching Super Bowl X.

https://youtu.be/ukjvHFzVp48
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:52 PM 03-24-2020
I just binge-watched Tiger King lol
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:48 AM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
https://theathletic.com/1692951/2020...art-1-2009-14/

Games that Chiefs fans should rewatch, Part 1(2009-14)

Seth Keysor

https://theathletic.com/1698576/2020...watch-2015-18/

Games that Chiefs fans should rewatch, Part 2(2015-18)

Seth Keysor

Desperate times call for desperate measures. As such, in a world with no sports, NFL fans are seeking ways to pass the time and keep themselves at least somewhat sane as they wait for the next step and life to move forward again. Fortunately, the NFL has done their part by making NFL Game Pass free for anyone who wants to spend innumerable hours watching football despite the absence of current football.

For those with no experience with it, Game Pass is a fun tool to have. It contains (almost) every NFL game played since 2009. It also features coach’s film — which has a wider camera angle and a “Madden cam” angle — for many of those games, allowing the viewer to see what analysts see. There’s also exclusive content such as NFL original programming, film sessions and more.

The biggest draw is the “old” games. Every season contains many great memories for fans, even if the results weren’t quite what those fans hoped. So it seems fitting to name some of those best games/memories to rewatch during the downtime. In Part 1 of this series, I examined some of the best games to re-experience as a Kansas City Chiefs fan from 2009 to 2014.

Today we follow up with the best games from 2015 through 2018. Obviously, reliving the 2019 Super Bowl season would be an enjoyable experience, and perhaps the specifics will be written about another day. But for now, I’m focusing on previous great moments (and games) that have been relatively forgotten in the excitement of the Chiefs hoisting the Lombardi Trophy this February. There are a number of incredible memories from 2015-2018 that no doubt will please Chiefs fans to see again.

Here are seven of those games. Again we’ll go in chronological order.
Originally Posted by :
2015: Week 10, Chiefs @ Broncos

This game featured Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning breaking the all-time yardage record for quarterbacks. As such, it might seem like a strange addition to a list of great Chiefs games to rewatch. However, something else happened that day.

2016: Week 1, Chargers @ Chiefs

Just on the surface, any game that ended in a 33-27 overtime win has potential for excitement. But it’s impossible to overstate how bizarre the Chiefs’ Week 1 victory was over the Chargers in 2016 other than to say it had normally buttoned-down quarterback Alex Smith roaring like a gladiator afterward.

2016: Week 12, Chiefs @ Broncos

Another barn burner in a 2016 season featuring multiple games that raised the pulses and blood pressures of Chiefs fans (including the next one on the list), this overtime win by the Chiefs is special for a number of reasons.

2016: Week 13, Chiefs @ Falcons

This game will forever be known as the “pick-2 game.” In safety Eric Berry’s homecoming to Atlanta, he was brilliant and instrumental in a tight game the Chiefs really had no business being in. Keep in mind that this was just a year removed from his remarkable comeback from cancer.

2017: Week 17, Chiefs @ Broncos

It was New Year’s Eve in 2017. The world was about to enter a new year and the Chiefs were about to enter into an entirely new universe. That was the day Patrick Lavon Mahomes II took the field for the first time in the regular season and struck fear in the hearts of any opponents smart enough to pay attention.

2018: Week 2, Chiefs @ Steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers were the Boogeyman. They were Baba Yaga. They were the unbeatable monster at the end of every Chiefs story the previous few years, with their zone-blitz disguises flummoxing quarterback Alex Smith and head coach Andy Reid.

2018: Week 14, Ravens @ Chiefs

The no-look pass. The 4th-and-9 conversion. Anytime a game contains multiple moments that require no further explanation than a quick blurb, it’s something special. And that is absolutely the case in one of the defining games of the Mahomes era.

[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:59 AM 03-29-2020
watching a bunch of compressed games --with they had Holtus instead of the tv crew.
Oh well.
[Reply]
Spott 12:14 PM 03-29-2020
Originally Posted by DJay23:
I was giddy with excitement. I kept giggling and telling my girlfriend, "We're going to the Super Bowl!"

The Williams run was a lot of yelling and hugging. When I rewatch though that is when I tear up because that was the clincher.
My wife keeps asking when I’m going to stop watching these highlight videos. I just respond with “infinity“. Getting to the Super Bowl was almost bigger for me than the Super Bowl. I felt the same way when the Royals beat Toronto in the ALCS in 2015. Somehow beating that Blue Jays team was more satisfying than beating the Mets.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up