ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Home Theater setup: In-Ceiling Speakers?
DJJasonp 08:48 PM 11-23-2019
Wanted to see if anyone has ever done a all-in-ceiling speakers for a 5.1 or 7.1 (or atmos combos) - and if they are satisfied with the setup/sound?

I've had 7.1 setup previously with Definitive Tech tower speakers (subs built-in) and Martin Logan center channel (with in-ceiling for all surrounds).

Moving to a new house soon, and wondering if I should go all in-ceiling or not.

I see there are some that have backer-boxes and aiming tweeters.....but not sure if I'd be satisfied with the sound versus my towers, etc.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:42 PM 11-23-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Wanted to see if anyone has ever done a all-in-ceiling speakers for a 5.1 or 7.1 (or atmos combos) - and if they are satisfied with the setup/sound?

I've had 7.1 setup previously with Definitive Tech tower speakers (subs built-in) and Martin Logan center channel (with in-ceiling for all surrounds).

Moving to a new house soon, and wondering if I should go all in-ceiling or not.

I see there are some that have backer-boxes and aiming tweeters.....but not sure if I'd be satisfied with the sound versus my towers, etc.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated!
Curious about this as well. I’m going to be looking into a theater room in the relatively near future, and this is high on my list of questions.
[Reply]
srvy 09:59 AM 11-24-2019
AVS Forums will have what you seek. I would certainly consider atmos ceiling and wall wiring if your building a new home. I would even run wiring for kitchen, dining, RR and bedrooms for just 2 channel music listening. Doing that wireing after its built is a bitch.
[Reply]
olout 03-24-2020, 03:35 PM
This message has been deleted by DaFace. Reason: spam
Up