ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 162
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:46 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Based on what we've seen so far this season, if you had to bet $1,000, would you take Derek Carr or Drew Brees to win a playoff game? Assuming Brees was actually healthy, of course.
It was kind of a facetious question. When was the last time that Carr was even in the playoffs?:-)

However, taking it more seriously, I'd take Brees. Before getting half of his ribs broke Brees was playing decent football. Not great, but consistently solid. Carr is more of a question mark, especially after his meltdown against ATL. But more than that, Carr has a long and well-documented history of meltdown performances. With many more truly poor performances than truly great ones, while Brees has been the exact opposite of that.

Experience matters, all other things being equal.
Perhaps I am incorrect but Brees has had a lot of stinkers in the playoffs. He has one SB appearance in spite of all his beastly numbers.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:47 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The Titans defense is terrible. They're the worst 3rd down defense in the league. Mahomes would destroy them.
Clowney fucking sucks
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:54 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Washington vs Pittsburgh is on Monday
That said, two games in a row on short rest probably does increase the chances of additional injuries. By how much, who knows exactly.

I don't think it really matters though. The fact's are in at this point on the Steelers. They aren't really as good as their record, in a similar fashion to how NE wasn't as good as their record last season. They benefited from a very weak schedule, and several lucky bounces of the ball, literally. Everyione today (on TV) wants to excuse Ben either by putting the blame on his receivers, or the fact that the game was rescheduled a few times.

But his stats from week 1 to now have been pretty consistent: statistically, Ben Rothlisberger has been performing at about the same level as Daniel Jones this season. In fact, Daniel's QBR is slightly higher than Ben's to this point. And Rothlisberger has a better OL, a better RB, and much better receivers.

Jesus Christ, the Steelers didn't score an offensive TD until the 4th quarter yesterday. And only scored the one. If not for a pick-6, thrown by a guy that hasn't played QB in years, the Steelers lose that game.

I hope the Chiefs meet the Steelers in the AFCCG. It'll be one of the easier playoff games the Chiefs will ever play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:56 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
And the Steelers play Sunday on 3 days rest.

They’ll be lucky to escape without additional injuries.
Wednesday to Sunday is 3 days.

Sunday to Thursday is also 3 days.

Teams with Thursday games play on 3 days rest all the time.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:57 AM 12-03-2020
WE SHALL SLAUGHTER EVERY TEAM IN PLAYOFFS AND SUPER BWOL
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:57 AM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Seahawks and Packers stand the best chance against us in the playoffs, but just because of their QBs. Both are just a step below Mahomes.

If Rodgers or Wilson have an insane game and Mahomes is just good, then the game could be interesting.

I don’t see either of those defenses even coming close to slowing down our offense.

I just don’t think the Saints offense is going to hang with ours.
I agree, I don’t think those teams are the next best, but I think you’ve gotta win a shootout to beat the Chiefs when that whole offense is healthy which Wilson and Rodgers give you a shot at.

They aren’t losing without giving up at least 34 probably.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:03 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Perhaps I am incorrect but Brees has had a lot of stinkers in the playoffs. He has one SB appearance in spite of all his beastly numbers.
Oh, Brees has had some bad playoff performances, no doubt. But he's also had good ones, and he did win a SB.

What's Derek Carr ever done in the playoffs? Well, the list is kinda short, as in a single appearance in the postseason.

18/45 161 yds 1TD 3 INT 3sack

Carr has a history of those kinds of performances.

Brees does not. Brees will occasionally have a bad game, but he doesn't usually make things worse by overthinking, letting the pressure get to him, putting the ball up for grabs, throwing into double/triple coverage, trying to reach for a first down and fumbling, etc.

I'm just saying I'll take Brees' career-long consistency over a single (partial) season of 'good' Carr.

Now admittedly, if Carr hadn't reverted to bad Carr last week, I might have a different opinion today. But he did, and it was classically bad, so here we are.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:07 PM 12-03-2020
Oh, Brees has had some bad playoff performances, no doubt. But he's also had good ones, and he did win a SB.

What's Derek Carr ever done in the playoffs? Well, the list is kinda short, as in a single appearance in the postseason.

Brees does not. Brees will occasionally have a bad game, but he doesn't usually make things worse by overthinking, letting the pressure get to him, putting the ball up for grabs, throwing into double/triple coverage, trying to reach for a first down and fumbling, etc.

I'm just saying I'll take Brees' career-long consistency over a single (partial) season of 'good' Carr.

Now admittedly, if Carr hadn't reverted to bad Carr last week, I might have a different opinion today. But he did, and it was classically bad, so here we are.
Fair enough and I see where you are coming from.
[Reply]
Basileus777 12:16 PM 12-03-2020

That was Connor Cook.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:19 PM 12-03-2020
Even if the Steelers continue to get lucky and win and get the #1 seed, I think they will lose in the Divisional round and we will play the AFCGM at home, although we will have to play an extra game.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:20 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Even if the Steelers continue to get lucky and win and get the #1 seed, I think they will lose in the Divisional round and we will play the AFCGM at home, although we will have to play an extra game.
It just has that feeling, doesn't it?
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:22 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
That was Connor Cook.
Oh you're right. That was the year Carr broke his ankle or something, right?

Well, no matter. If he had played, chances are he would've posted similar numbers. His list of terrible meltdown performances in big games is long.

Whatever happened to Cook anyway?
[Reply]
Why Not? 12:23 PM 12-03-2020
Obviously the bye would be ideal. However, if not the 1 seed the Chiefs, baring major disaster, will have the 2 seed well locked up by week 17. Obviously you can’t rest everybody but you sure can give all the stars a “bye” week.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:36 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I hate the Steelers, but their offense is far and away much better than our 1995 offense. They have a HOF QB, and real weapons at WR.

Now, our 1995 defense was also much better than theirs, but not by more than their offense is better than ours was that year.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
For me, I've made that comparison of 1995 Chiefs / 2020 Steelers as well, but would totally agree: Steelers O is much better, KC D was much better overall.

What I really mean with that comparison though is that the 1995 Chiefs had tons of fortuitous things happen along the way, but the signs pointed to their record being way better than what they really were.....and when push came to shove, they cracked like an egg in the playoffs, and to a team that basically had to claw, scratch and fight to barely eek in to the playoffs (not some powerhouse team that KC slugged it out with).

Now we can pretend that all of that playoff failure fell on the leg of a certain kicker, but no way should it have even come down to that. To be labeled a contender and lose in the Divisional round at home to a scrub team (regardless of kickers or weather) just confirms that the 1995 Chiefs were every bit a paper tiger, and those fortuitous things they relied on in the regular season weren't there when they needed them the most.

That's what I think the 2020 Steelers are.....a very good team overall, but has had a lot of fortune along the way.....and when they have to play a 100% "clean" game, I think they will fold just like those 1995 Chiefs did.....
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:39 PM 12-03-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
And the Steelers play Sunday on 3 days rest.

They’ll be lucky to escape without additional injuries.
Washington can run the ball...and Smith is their QB.

I had this as a potential sleeper upset even before the injury/scheduling...

It'll be interesting to hear Simms on this match-up prediction.
[Reply]
Page 64 of 162
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114 > Last »
Up