ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 93 of 382
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:57 AM 07-08-2012
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Yeah... most of the beers on that list aren't distributed to Maryland. You're gonna' have to trade for beers like Pliny, Sculpin, Dreadnaught, Nelson. The forums on BeerAdvocate.com and RateBeer.com are good for setting up beer trades.

Alternatively, you can try to find a beer tasting/homebrew club in your local community. People that are into beer trading often find others like them and set up big tasting events.
Damn.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 07:09 PM 07-15-2012
So...Love Child No. 2...wow. What an unusual yet outstanding offering. Tart, cherries up front, with a finish of bourbon and subtle booziness.

Any recommendations for a similar beer (sour) that is more widely available?
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:19 PM 07-15-2012
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Those bastards. They had to have stolen that from us (though we do Thursday nights). Our owner goes over there all the time. What size on the Tank? Ours is a pint size draw.

I actually almost went over there for a bite and a brew when I got off work last night.
It was served in a tulip glass, 12 oz. I believe. Still a bargain at $3.

Where are you working? PM it to me if you don't want to disclose it publicly.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:22 PM 07-15-2012
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
So...Love Child No. 2...wow. What an unusual yet outstanding offering. Tart, cherries up front, with a finish of bourbon and subtle booziness.

Going to Royal liquor soon can you tell me more about this? It kinda sounds like the cherry lambic that I absolutely love.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 08:51 PM 07-15-2012
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
Going to Royal liquor soon can you tell me more about this? It kinda sounds like the cherry lambic that I absolutely love.
Just a harmonious cacophony of flavors. Tart cherries, lemon, leather, bourbon.

Gave a sample to my wife, who is not a "beer person," and her response was, "There are all sorts of flavors happening in this beer."

Definitely a beer to experience.
[Reply]
phisherman 09:03 PM 07-15-2012
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:

Duchess De Borgogne
Monk's Flemish
Liefman's Goudenband

There are better sours out there for sure, but you'll at least have a shot at finding these in a store around MO.
[Reply]
Reaper16 09:40 PM 07-15-2012
I haven't been able to try Love Child No.2 (though I have a bottle waiting for me in KC), but from what I've heard I'd say phisherman is spot-on. Flanders Reds and Flanders Oud Bruins are your best stylistic matches for what Love Child No. 2 is.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 11:37 PM 07-15-2012
Gents, thank you. Your collective wisdom has been noted and appreciated.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:30 AM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini:
krieks? or however ya spell it, tastes kinda like whine a little iirc
[Reply]
kstater 03:35 AM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
I haven't been able to try Love Child No.2 (though I have a bottle waiting for me in KC), but from what I've heard I'd say phisherman is spot-on. Flanders Reds and Flanders Oud Bruins are your best stylistic matches for what Love Child No. 2 is.
Yeah, it's got some similar characteristics. Think it's a bit more sour, but it for sure has the malt background
[Reply]
the Talking Can 11:08 AM 07-16-2012
i had Green Flash West Coast IPA on tap recently...very good, balanced...i think I'm so used to drinking douple IPAs that it took me a bit to appreciate it...

also had a local brewery's saison - Red Hare's Rabbit's Reserve #3: Saison

i'm no expert on the style, but it was delicious on a hot day...went down better than the green flash (which was more about my mood)
[Reply]
phisherman 11:19 AM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by kstater:
Yeah, it's got some similar characteristics. Think it's a bit more sour, but it for sure has the malt background
the bourbon barrel aging character of love child is what i really like about it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:37 AM 08-18-2012
It's Stone Brewing Co. month at the Riot Room in KC. Had my first Double Bastard the other night off a 2011 keg.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:40 AM 08-18-2012
Who has tried Boulevard's 80 Acre Hoppy Wheat?

Was just released here yesterday, heading out to pick some up this afternoon.
[Reply]
In58men 09:40 AM 08-18-2012

A must try before you die.

A top 5 favorite of mine.
[Reply]
Page 93 of 382
« First < 43838990919293 94959697103143193 > Last »
Up