Page 63 of 68
« First < 13535960616263 64656667 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
Eureka 11:52 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I don’t trust the Texans management team to do anything smart.
And this is why they are in this situation instead of being a playoff team with a chance for the big one.

They should trade him to the Jets for 4 1st round picks. Tell the Jets to throw in Darnold and the Texans can give back a player that has a contract they want to get rid of.

Draft a QB with the 2nd overall pick (Wilson?) and build from there. Or trade that pick and build more draft capital to fill holes and take a QB later in the draft.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:54 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Maybe, but not many. it's a weird environment right now in Houston. Many of the players HATE the organization so much, that they'll side with Watson regardless. The hatred has been brewing for years - since Duane Brown went to Seattle. They all completely understand why the Super Stars want OUT. They also would do the same thing if they could. Listen, you had JJ apologizing to Deshawn after the season - that's BAD. Players have come out and said that they completely understand the situation. It's a mess. I think a TOTAL REBUILD is in order and it starts with trading Watson for a slew of picks plus any other player/s that are worth picks.
Thats really the only way out that I can see, get everything you can for him and start fresh... things are so bad there that Watson alone cant fix it, anyway
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:56 AM 02-26-2021

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:57 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Maybe, but not many. it's a weird environment right now in Houston. Many of the players HATE the organization so much, that they'll side with Watson regardless. The hatred has been brewing for years - since Duane Brown went to Seattle. They all completely understand why the Super Stars want OUT. They also would do the same thing if they could. Listen, you had JJ apologizing to Deshawn after the season - that's BAD. Players have come out and said that they completely understand the situation. It's a mess. I think a TOTAL REBUILD is in order and it starts with trading Watson for a slew of picks plus any other player/s that are worth picks.
Yeah, the Andre Johnson dig at the organization was when I as an outsider realized it was pretty bad. But then when you have one of the highest character guys in the league like JJ saying the same thing... How bad do you have to done mess up to piss jj watt off like that?
[Reply]
TEX 11:58 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Might get portrayed as a victim by some, but I am of the opinion that the NFL still controls a lot of the media reporting by the groups at least with NFL TV contracts. I am guessing the NFL will put some pressure on those to ignore it or more of a spoiled brat portrayal. They are going to want to avoid a NBA situation of the superstars running the league.
I agree, it's not a good look... I don't even watch the NBA anymore because of it. But when the folks outside the NFL start to get involved, that's when the shit show will start.
[Reply]
TEX 12:08 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah, the Andre Johnson dig at the organization was when I as an outsider realized it was pretty bad. But then when you have one of the highest character guys in the league like JJ saying the same thing... How bad do you have to done mess up to piss jj watt off like that?
Exactly. It had been eating away at JJ for awhile. Then when soft spoken Andre Johnson makes it a point to come out and say something, - it's B-A-D. Many, like yourself, took note of that. It was the moment that I knew Deshawn was going to get traded. Up until that, I thought they would work it out. Not now.
[Reply]
Eureka 12:09 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Thats really the only way out that I can see, get everything you can for him and start fresh... things are so bad there that Watson alone cant fix it, anyway
Who knows what could happen with a fresh start. Maybe, they make the playoffs if they draft right and the new QB does well.

We saw what they did last year with Watson 4-12
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:10 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Who knows what could happen with a fresh start. Maybe, they make the playoffs if they draft right and the new QB does well.

Exactly
[Reply]
TEX 12:14 PM 02-26-2021

IMO they were lucky to win 4 games. Without Watson they may have gone 0-16. (Well, maybe not because they play Jville twice) Last season was a train wreck for the franchise on and off the field.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 12:22 PM 02-26-2021
Watsons value isn't decreasing by sitting a year. No way. Look at Dak Prescott the guy plays on the franchise tag and dislocates and breaks his ankle and his value is arguably higher than ever coming off serious injury nonetheless. If I'm the Texans that is a card you can hold. Let Watson sit all year, go 0-16, you've got the #1 overall pick in addition to the haul you gain for the Watson trade next offseason. Clear as much cap space as possible at the same time. You can rebuild quickly if that occurs.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:32 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Watsons value isn't decreasing by sitting a year. No way. Look at Dak Prescott the guy plays on the franchise tag and dislocates and breaks his ankle and his value is arguably higher than ever coming off serious injury nonetheless. If I'm the Texans that is a card you can hold. Let Watson sit all year, go 0-16, you've got the #1 overall pick in addition to the haul you gain for the Watson trade next offseason. Clear as much cap space as possible at the same time. You can rebuild quickly if that occurs.
There is a lot of risk and unknowns involved with that strategy.

It would be unprecedented for a QB in the prime of his career to sit out a full season for non-injury reasons, so no one knows if that depreciates his value in any way.

Also there doesn't appear to be a slam dunk franchise QB in next year's draft, so there is a risk in trying to tank for a non-existent target player currently (i.e. no Trevor Lawrence).

What is almost certain is that Watson's trade value will never be higher than it is now so Houston should start their rebuild immediately and trade him.
[Reply]
Shields68 02:14 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

It would be unprecedented for a QB in the prime of his career to sit out a full season for non-injury reasons, so no one knows if that depreciates his value in any way.

Also there doesn't appear to be a slam dunk franchise QB in next year's draft, so there is a risk in trying to tank for a non-existent target player currently (i.e. no Trevor Lawrence).

What is almost certain is that Watson's trade value will never be higher than it is now so Houston should start their rebuild immediately and trade him.
There is a lot of risk involved in any strategy. Just do not see his value decreasing. But coming away with a QB that has a lot of upside is one of the keys. But buying time for the new GM and coaching staff is probably not bad either to hopefully show they have some stability and can right the ship. Because as long as it is a destination that can not attract FA's and looks like a cease pool there really not going to be a rebuilding with or without Watson.
[Reply]
Eureka 02:40 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

I would also add that teams won't have 2 1st round pics in the same year that need a QB like this year (Jets). Come to think of it I think the Jets have 2 1st next year as well. Texans should take all 4.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:49 PM 02-26-2021
I would also add that teams won't have 2 1st round pics in the same year that need a QB like this year (Jets). Come to think of it I think the Jets have 2 1st next year as well. Texans should take all 4.
I don't think the Jets make that deal, nor should they.

Not that it would ever happen, but if Watson is worth FOUR first-rounders, including top-2 type picks, WTF is a player like Mahomes (on an 11-year deal) worth? 10 first-rounders? 10 first AND 10 second rounders? I mean, damn.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 02:59 PM 02-26-2021
If the Texans think they can iron this out, they're insane. Things haven't even begun to get bad yet. There isn't a lot of this that is out in the open yet, but something tells me that allegations of racism in the Texans ownership/management will be coming if it comes to that. On the one hand, once it comes to that, it doesn't much matter if they are true or not, massive damage will be done to the franchise. OTOH, I have a feeling that there actually are racists running that franchise. Or at the very least, Watson believes there are.

Watson wants out. If the Texans somehow coerce Watson into honoring the contract, does anyone really believe he'll give the team everything he has? His contract will run out in 5 years or so, and there is no way he'll stick around after that without drastic changes. If they trade him now, they start the massive rebuild that is required. They don't currently have their own draft picks for the first and second round, so why not jump start the rebuild that Watson isn't going to help with anyway?
[Reply]
Page 63 of 68
« First < 13535960616263 64656667 > Last »
Up