[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:23 PM 02-16-2021
Ok, ok...

2021 R1 (9th)
2021 R3 (71)
2022 R1
2023 R1
QB Drew Lock (2 years left)
RB Phillip Lindsay (final year of rookie deal)
LB Von Miller (final year of his deal)
WR Daesean Hamilton (final year of rookie deal)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:25 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Makes sense for both teams. Houston gets some draft capital and a superstar player to sell tickets and Carolina gets a 1st tier QB. Losing CMC is somewhat offset with Mike Davis.

I'd be fine seeing Watson in the NFC. Texans won't be doing much with cmc and Teddy.
It is a lot to give up. But we all know that you don't win championships with RBs, as great as McCaffrey is. So it's a great deal for Carolina. It's actually a good fit because Carolina is in that nice phase where they aren't in win now mode but theyre also not desperate to rebuild. So losing picks isn't a death sentence for them. If they can pull this off Carolina can also recover some of that value by trading tedy.

I think Matt Rhule did a really good job with Carolina despite a very limited qb.

I too also love this deal to keep Watson out of the AFC.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:35 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Ok, ok...

2021 R1 (9th)
2021 R3 (71)
2022 R1
2023 R1
Lock, Lindsay, and Hamilton are worth virtually nothing in a trade of that magnitude.

Probably need another 1 to have any shot of matching offers other teams can make. Or Bradley Chubb. It’s gonna take a legit young player to move the needle.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 03:40 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Lock, Lindsay, and Hamilton are worth virtually nothing in a trade of that magnitude.

Probably need another 1 to have any shot of matching offers other teams can make. Or Bradley Chubb. It’s gonna take a legit young player to move the needle.
It all depends on what they value - the picks are greater than the players, players are a stop gap.
[Reply]
mkp785 03:40 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It is a lot to give up. But we all know that you don't win championships with RBs, as great as McCaffrey is. So it's a great deal for Carolina. It's actually a good fit because Carolina is in that nice phase where they aren't in win now mode but theyre also not desperate to rebuild. So losing picks isn't a death sentence for them. If they can pull this off Carolina can also recover some of that value by trading tedy.

I think Matt Rhule did a really good job with Carolina despite a very limited qb.

I too also love this deal to keep Watson out of the AFC.
If it happens Carolina becomes interesting. They have a very nice WR core and would still have Davis to do a cmc impersonation. I think they just franchised their RT Moton too, keeping the best member of their oline in house.
[Reply]
Pants 03:45 PM 02-16-2021
Sucks for CMAC going from one dumpster fire to another.

Another supreme talented wasted.
[Reply]
TribalElder 03:46 PM 02-16-2021
I had to finally stop watching that stupid shit

skip bayless is too much
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:47 PM 02-16-2021
I hope to God that Denver gets him for 2 reasons

1. It'd fuck up their future. It would be like going back to Houston. No influx of talent from the draft, because they traded it away and no big FA's because of Watson's contract.

2. Mahomes would get to kick his ass two times a year until Watson inevitably doesn't resign with Denver.

Of course, this would give the Watson ball washers more ammo and excuses for why Watson is consistently leading the Donks to 5 to 7 win seasons.

It would 100% be worth it.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:08 PM 02-16-2021
It all depends on what they value - the picks are greater than the players, players are a stop gap.
I don't blame you Bronco fans for trying. I mean, you. probably read that article where the Raiders were going to trade Carr for two firsts then trade those picks plus more picks for Watson, and said, hey why not us.....
[Reply]
-King- 04:52 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I literally was answering DeBergs question. The dumb fuck didn't know what Brett was saying so I helped him. I never said it was my view on the situation. Good God some of you are complete idiots.

A lot of Watson's stats were garbage time stats this year. He very rarely put up good numbers when it mattered. Doing a little digging can prove this. I never said anything about Stafford doing anything in garbage time. I didn't take the time to look it up. You did your normal shit because someone said Stafford was an anomaly (which is 100% true, QBs don't ever get to stay around when they have as many losing seasons and no playoff wins) and tried to prove that Stafford needed a better team around him and used Alex Smith as an example of how a great team/coach is more important than a great QB.
Originally Posted by -King-:
Deshaun had 738 yards on 78% completion and 6TDs/1INT in one score games in the 4th quarter. But yeah, sure.
Ah good times.

Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I hope to God that Denver gets him for 2 reasons

1. It'd fuck up their future. It would be like going back to Houston. No influx of talent from the draft, because they traded it away and no big FA's because of Watson's contract.

2. Mahomes would get to kick his ass two times a year until Watson inevitably doesn't resign with Denver.

Of course, this would give the Watson ball washers more ammo and excuses for why Watson is consistently leading the Donks to 5 to 7 win seasons.

It would 100% be worth it.
Nice to see you back making dumb posts.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:16 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I don't blame you Bronco fans for trying. I mean, you. probably read that article where the Raiders were going to trade Carr for two firsts then trade those picks plus more picks for Watson, and said, hey why not us.....
Might as well throw something out there and see what happens.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:40 PM 02-16-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Sucks for CMAC going from one dumpster fire to another.

Another supreme talented wasted.
Easterby saw that his name was Christian, and now he HAS to trade for him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:53 PM 02-16-2021
LOL
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 06:32 PM 02-16-2021
Ok, ok...

2021 R1 (9th)
2021 R3 (71)
2022 R1
2023 R1
Again, that just seems like too much. I'd love for Denver to make that deal, because help wouldn't be on the way for a while.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:37 PM 02-16-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Page 54 of 68
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864 > Last »
Up