ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 202 of 207
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:00 AM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by lewdog:
First time.
I just got a bottle of that. I have not cracked it yet. What did you think?
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:04 AM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Knob Creek is my standard go to bourbon, but appreciate many others. Just was gifted a bottle of Uncle Nearest that I will add to my rotation.
Really enjoy their rye, it's dangerous.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:11 PM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
I have almost purchased chicken cock many times but never pulled the trigger. Worth it?
I’ve been quite pleased so far. A review I read when trying to decide on purchasing it liked it but, thought it was a bit over priced in comparing it to other traditional style bourbons. I don’t mind paying $60 for a bourbon that has a rather distinct flavor that suites my palate, and this is just that.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:57 PM 06-25-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Brah meet me at Phoenix City Grill sometime

I've heard good things
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Anytime. That place is supposed to be legit.
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Holy balls that place looks amazing.
I'm driving in from Globe to drop the wife off at Sky Harbor tomorrow afternoon then putting Vans on the ground

I'll let you yall know how it goes
This place is Him

Could've been my timing on a Sunay afternoon but I was the only person at the bar and ol boy kept feeding me barrel pick after barrel pick before I was like bro I have to drive back to Globe

Seriously though grabbed a pour of Del Bac single barrel plus their Yellowstone pick to-go. This place is super friendly and legit.

[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:06 PM 06-25-2023
I have almost purchased chicken cock many times but never pulled the trigger. Worth it?
I bought a bottle last summer as a bit of a joke based on the name, but it was legitimately good. Killed the bottle out by the pool with a handful of friends. It is a touch pricey for what it is, so I'm not sure if I'd get it again barring a sale.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:00 AM 06-26-2023
Brah meet me at Phoenix City Grill sometime

I've heard good things
Agree, that place looks awesome...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:01 AM 06-26-2023
Knob Creek is my standard go to bourbon, but appreciate many others. Just was gifted a bottle of Uncle Nearest that I will add to my rotation.
My neighbor bought a barrel of Knob Creek (owns a liquor store!!!) and MAN OH MAN is it tasty.
[Reply]
VAChief 09:22 AM 06-26-2023
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
My neighbor bought a barrel of Knob Creek (owns a liquor store!!!) and MAN OH MAN is it tasty.
Barrel! Wow! That would be great for my weekly poker nights.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:26 AM 06-26-2023
J. Rieger Whiskey out of KC is shockingly good.
[Reply]
Boom!714 09:35 AM 06-26-2023
This place is Him

Could've been my timing on a Sunay afternoon but I was the only person at the bar and ol boy kept feeding me barrel pick after barrel pick before I was like bro I have to drive back to Globe

Seriously though grabbed a pour of Del Bac single barrel plus their Yellowstone pick to-go. This place is super friendly and legit.

If you haven't already, check out Pitch, they have some cool barrel picks to try and buy to go as well. The food is a little pricey but really good. they have two locations, one in north Scottsdale and one in south Scottsdale
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:41 AM 06-26-2023
Originally Posted by Boom!714:
If you haven't already, check out Pitch, they have some cool barrel picks to try and buy to go as well. The food is a little pricey but really good. they have two locations, one in north Scottsdale and one in south Scottsdale
Thanks for the rec. That place looks legit, will definitely check out.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:02 AM 06-26-2023
Barrel! Wow! That would be great for my weekly poker nights.
Well they send it to the store bottled, but personalized in the label. The send the store samples from different barrels, you pick one, then they bottle it and send it to you.

It's god stuff...
[Reply]
penguinz 10:18 AM 06-26-2023
Well they send it to the store bottled, but personalized in the label. The send the store samples from different barrels, you pick one, then they bottle it and send it to you.

It's god stuff...
You used to be able to pay for a custom tasting at some of the distilleries and could get an actual barrel with your own customized blend or even a single barrel (no blend). They would even allow you to customize that stamp burned into the lid.

I know Jack Daniels did this and I think a few others.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:25 AM 06-26-2023
You used to be able to pay for a custom tasting at some of the distilleries and could get an actual barrel with your own customized blend or even a single barrel (no blend). They would even allow you to customize that stamp burned into the lid.

I know Jack Daniels did this and I think a few others.
That, I think, is how this worked. In this case they bought one of the six samples that were sent, but no blending. It's quite potent too... As for the branded barrel, I don't think that happened. But they sent three samples in one box, and three more in another after he passed on the first three, and the boxes are a keeper too. And they even sent a bottle of their spring water to clear the palate between tastings.

It's not cheap, but it sure sounds like a fun thing to do if you're in the business.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:59 AM 06-26-2023
That, I think, is how this worked. In this case they bought one of the six samples that were sent, but no blending. It's quite potent too... As for the branded barrel, I don't think that happened. But they sent three samples in one box, and three more in another after he passed on the first three, and the boxes are a keeper too. And they even sent a bottle of their spring water to clear the palate between tastings.

It's not cheap, but it sure sounds like a fun thing to do if you're in the business.
It would be an awesome thing to have in the home bar.
[Reply]
Page 202 of 207
« First < 102152192198199200201202 203204205206 > Last »
Up