ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 142 of 207
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
O.city 11:02 AM 05-13-2020
Good recommendations there.

I'm not a rye fan myself, so i can't help with that.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:02 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by Lilmrp117:
For rye, I'd go with willett 4 year as my favorite. Pikesville is also solid. on the more affordable end, high west double rye is great for about $30 where I shop.

I started as a scotch fan and it it took me a little while to get into bourbon but now i prefer bourbon. If you're trying to get into bourbon from scotch, I'd suggest starting with low rye or even no rye bourbon like makers mark. Or try a bourbon finished in sherry casks like belle meade sherry cask finish or port casks like angels envy. If you're looking for the taste of a smoky, peaty scotch, then there's not much in bourbon that's similar.

Since you're asking about rye though, you may prefer the higher rye bourbons. Try four roses single barrel, a store pick barrell proof is even better. High west American prarie is also good.

Thanks... I've had Templetons and High West. Several other off brands. Haven't tried Four Roses Single Barrel yet so I'll give that a try. There's a local whiskey distiller that does sherry casked whiskeys; J Reigers which I remember liking. I can't do things like Southern Comfort or cheap blends. I l like Bushmills Irish Whiskey super cold from the freezer, not a fan of Jamesons.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:07 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
So, any recommendations on a good rye whisky? Also I like scotch better than bourbon.
If (big if) you can find it, I'd highly recommend Colonel EH Taylor Straight Rye.

Otherwise the Willett 4 as mentioned, as well as High West's Yippie-Ki-Yay.

Michter's isn't bad on the value side of things, and Bulleit if you're pinching pennies. ($21 a bottle in AZ)
[Reply]
RockChalk 12:19 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
If (big if) you can find it, I'd highly recommend Colonel EH Taylor Straight Rye.

Otherwise the Willett 4 as mentioned, as well as High West's Yippie-Ki-Yay.

Michter's isn't bad on the value side of things, and Bulleit if you're pinching pennies. ($21 a bottle in AZ)
If you can find it and want a more upscale Rye, look for High West's Midwinter Night's Dram. Best Rye out there, IMO
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:21 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
If you can find it and want a more upscale Rye, look for High West's Midwinter Night's Dram. Best Rye out there, IMO
Agreed. I have a bottle, it's just not terribly easy to find - and if you do, you're likely paying a large markup.
[Reply]
O.city 12:21 PM 05-13-2020
Guess who has 2 thumbs and just came across another bottle of pappys?
[Reply]
srvy 12:24 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
So, any recommendations on a good rye whisky? Also I like scotch better than bourbon.
IMO Rittenhouse Rye BIB is best bang for the buck at about 25.00 also look for EH Taylor straight rye. You can do worse and spend a lot more the 2 mentioned.

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:24 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Where the fuck do you keep coming up with these?
[Reply]
O.city 12:32 PM 05-13-2020
Where the **** do you keep coming up with these?
Under ground liquor business is boomin
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:34 PM 05-13-2020
Under ground liquor business is boomin
I apparently need your connection, because our above ground liquor business connection can't seem to deliver.
[Reply]
O.city 12:59 PM 05-13-2020
I apparently need your connection, because our above ground liquor business connection can't seem to deliver.
I got a private batch bottle of Blantons and a bottle of Pappy's like i sent you for not too shabby of a price.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:01 PM 05-13-2020
How much dick you sucking, blowjob face?!?!
[Reply]
kstater 02:20 PM 05-13-2020
I had some Basil Hayden's Dark Rye last night. It was unique. The second time I've had it. Enjoyed it more this time.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
bowener 05:34 PM 05-13-2020
The store had $12 off Makers Mark Cask Strength so I bought some. I'm not a fan. I love higher alcohol bourbons, but this just doesn't have much flavor at all. I don't drink MM often so I'm not sure how this compares to their rest, but it isn't hitting me right. For reference, EH Taylor Barrel Proof is probably my favorite bourbon to drink.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:07 PM 05-13-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
The store had $12 off Makers Mark Cask Strength so I bought some. I'm not a fan. I love higher alcohol bourbons, but this just doesn't have much flavor at all. I don't drink MM often so I'm not sure how this compares to their rest, but it isn't hitting me right. For reference, EH Taylor Barrel Proof is probably my favorite bourbon to drink.
It’s a straight wheat bourbon, which most people generally find “smoother.” I personally agree with you and find them more boring. I prefer some rye in my mash bill for more complex flavors and spice.
[Reply]
Page 142 of 207
« First < 4292132138139140141142 143144145146152192 > Last »
Up