ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos trade for QB Zach Wilson
wazu 12:30 PM 04-22-2024

🚨 🚨 🚨

Former #Jets starting QB and No. 2 pick Zach Wilson is on the move. Sources say he’s being traded to the #Broncos, hoping for a fresh start.

The deal includes a late-round pick swap (6th for a 7th) and NYJ will pay some of Wilson’s roughly $5.5M salary. pic.twitter.com/7Y1KShZ3sg

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 22, 2024

[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:11 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I wouldn't be so sure of that. There's really only one way out of this, and it's being bad enough to have a shot at drafting a franchise QB, while being good enough not to waste or ruin him once you do.
Just saying, it’s not often that you can get a 24 year old, top 5 draft pick for peanuts just a couple years after they were drafted.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:14 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Just saying, it’s not often that you can get a 24 year old, top 5 draft pick for peanuts just a couple years after they were drafted.
That's fair. I don't think this is a bad/dumb move by any means. I just don't think Wilson is salvageable either.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:22 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That's fair. I don't think this is a bad/dumb move by any means. I just don't think Wilson is salvageable either.
You’re probably right. He dirts a lot of balls, clearly doesn’t know the first thing about reading a defense. The arm talent is there, though.

I just saw this and thought “Huh, that’s a good trade for them”. I’d rather not think that about any of their roster moves lol
[Reply]
RunKC 06:28 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The Jets are a disastrous organization. Nathaniel fucking Hackett was their OC last year. They’ve had a defensive coach there his entire tenure and bad OC’s.

He was doomed to fail the moment he got there
[Reply]
stumppy 06:28 PM 04-22-2024
:-)

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:29 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Ha. This writing was on the wall… not shocked. If it’s a swap of late picks, no big deal. It’s certainly not answering the QB need, but it’s depth.
Hey it's competition for Stidham!:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 06:29 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Jets are a disastrous organization. Nathaniel fucking Hackett was their OC last year. They’ve had a defensive coach there his entire tenure and bad OC’s.

Wait, so we're blaming Wilson's failures solely on situation?

Dude got outplayed my Mike White and Flacco in the same situation. GMAFB.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:29 PM 04-22-2024
To be fair, Zach Wilson has never had good coaching from any of his OCs, iirc. Makes him pretty hard to evaluate.

Not saying I think he's going to become a top-15 QB, because I really doubt that's possible based on the few games I've seen him play so far. But he could easily be significantly better than what I've seen with decent coaching and better OL play.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:42 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
There's never a positive spin to having Zach Wilson on your team. MHM sure did try though.
Ha… Perna said it best. And this move wasn’t worth any type of spin.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 06:42 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
There's never a positive spin to having Zach Wilson on your team. MHM sure did try though.
Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

Yes, that was well done. Bravo, Perna.
[Reply]
scho63 06:44 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Jets covering some of his salary. Had nearly nothing in trade value. Oh well
Garage sale QB
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:47 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:

They are absolutely dreadful. I just looked it up and they’ve only had 16 winning seasons since 1960. Haven’t won a playoff game in nearly 15 years. Haven’t won a Super Bowl in 55 years.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:51 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Rodgers. But for maybe two more seasons? Not much more than that. So they have to seriously consider drafting an eventual replacement for Rodgers, right? Because it's basically right around the corner.
Sure, Rodgers is capable of putting up two good seasons, and it's not like he's particularly injury prone.

But I'll Belize it when I see it.

I think the dude has checked out of serious football. Sure, he may sell some tickets but I will be shocked if the Jets get two full seasons of top 10ish QB play out of him
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 06:53 PM 04-22-2024
Browns have gone through a lot of terrible quarterbacks, Denver says hold my beer.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:00 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Either Stidham/Wilson will likely begin the season as the starter, while whoever they draft will take the season/most of the season to learn the ropes. Stidham/Wilson whoever ends up winning the 'starting' job, will be just a placeholder for whoever they end up drafting. I mean, based just on compensation and what they're paying Wilson, that seems fairly obvious.
I agree, I think signing Wilson means they are probably drafting a QB.

However, he was the 2nd overall pick, and has a lot of physical talent. He is going to fail if he starts this season, but it's also possible that he learns from Payton, and is a better QB in the future.

Let's remember that the Steelers cut Len Dawson, or let's remember Kurt Warner's journey to becoming a star QB. Successful QBs don't always find said success with the team that drafted them.

QB is probably the hardest position in sports to accurately evaluate at the highest professional level. For every Peyton Manning there are probably 10 Ryan Leafs, or Andrew Lucks versus Trey Lances, etc.

Or even worse, you have situations like drafting a Todd Blackledge over a Jim Kelly or a Dan Marino.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 11
« First < 45678 91011 >
Up