ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Media Center>Spinoff: Bands you regret seeing live
Mephistopheles Janx 08:09 AM 08-02-2020
In 2015 I had the distinct displeasure of seeing Blues Traveler at Red Rocks for 4th of July. I'd loved Blues Traveler since I was a teenager and the song Hook came out. I loved the album Four. I loved their sister band the Spin Doctors.

Hanson was the opening act. They were garbage just as one might anticipate.

Guster was the middle act and they were FANTASTIC.

Then Blues Traveler hit the stage and I was ready to be 14 again. Instead, the dude forgot a shit ton of lyrics, was constantly out of breath, and to make matters worse... he brought out Rome from "Sublime with Rome" (an abomination before God and man) and STARTED DOING SUBLIME COVERS.

Fuck John Popper and fuck Rome.
[Reply]
scho63 02:13 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
No worries but seriously Dude, the stuff I know would ruin so many songs, albums and bands for 99.99% of everyone out there that's into guitar driven rock music (and really, popular music in general) so I don't really share much these days.

My wife, who's been a HUGE Duran Duran fan her entire life, along with being a music lover in general, asked me to stop sharing info way back in 1998 because it was "ruining" music for her.
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I loathe Duran Duran, so feel free to dish the dirt. :-)
Originally Posted by Frazod:
My oldest surviving friend is married to a woman who is also a huge Duran Duran fan that has chased them all over the country and seen them countless times. She's also been a complete bitch to me as long as I've known her. I certainly never liked Duran Duran anyway, but I think I mainly hate them because of her.

There aren't many groups I've seen multiple times, but a few. As I've gotten older I really don't like concerts all that much. The bands I see are all from the 70s and 80s, and I get sick of being surrounded by drunk assholes bellowing out the lyrics so loud that I can't hear the singers on the stage. Yes, you know the words. Congratulations. The songs were written 40 years ago; everybody knows the fucking words. Shut the hell up and listen to them. I prefer the theater now. People stay in their seats and keep their mouths shut.
Duran Duran put on one of the BEST concerts I ever saw! From the sound, to the songs to the show to the props to the interaction and high fives I did with Simon Le Bon and Nick Rhodes at the end of the show as I had front row center tickets.

Garden State Art Center around early 90's. Terrence Trent D'Arby opened for them.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:47 AM 08-18-2020
to expand..

Crue Fest; we knew going in, 'ok...old band. probably don't have it anymore. but, it can't be that bad. so let's go". Godsmack opened, and were really good. Then Crue comes out. my god. Vince Neil was so out of breath he couldn't even finish the few lyrics he could actually remember.

The lyrics to "Kickstart My Heart" :
Skydive naked from an aeroplane
or a lady with a body from outer space
My heart, My Hear, Kickstart my heart

Vince performed as
Skydive...nake. plane.
layd, body....outta space
My Heart.....kickstart heart

all winded, and out of breath. Plus, he was all off key. Just awful

"GNR"; ie, Axl. Awful. Sound was ALL kick drum and Axl. Couldn't even make out some of the iconic rhythym guitar work / riffs. It was all Axl.

one of the best concerts was the small place out back of The Beaumont Club back in the day maybe 2006-ish?. Tesla. they were great, sounded great. and a nice crowd, but not packed in like Sardines. $35.
[Reply]
backinblack 10:00 AM 08-18-2020

[Reply]
backinblack 10:01 AM 08-18-2020
this one is so bad it's actually really funny

I've heard these so many times on J105 I could sing them better shitfaced drunk than Vince does. It's a shame too since the rest of the band is on point, Mick and Tommy are still playing at a top notch level(despite Mick being pretty much undead at this point).
[Reply]
Dayze 10:33 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by backinblack:
OMG

Yes. that's EXACTLY how it sounded.
:-)

our entire group just stood there looking at each other
Wtf Disneyland GIF from Wtf GIFs

[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 10:59 AM 08-18-2020
Chainsmokers.

Complete garbage.
[Reply]
morphius 11:17 AM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
Worst show I've ever seen in my life was Rob zombie at rockfest in 2015. Pathetic.
Which is really funny, because I wasn't much of a fan until I saw him at Ozzfest, it was hotter than hell, and he just brought it that day.

System of a down followed him, and was boring af They had an okay light show, okay sound, but just stood in their spots the entire show. I think pogo was the only song the moved, but even then they just hopped in their spot.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:29 PM 08-18-2020
Worst show I've ever seen in my life was Rob zombie at rockfest in 2015. Pathetic.
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
So give us some detail, mang

Love a ton of his stuff, that first album is still fresh as the day it was made... but I’ve definitely heard mixed reviews of his live shows
Yes, let's hear more Kurt.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:31 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Never been a Springsteen fan, but I always heard he doesn’t play his hits and always plays some songs nobody has heard for 20 plus years. Was that the case when you saw him?
Untrue. Untrue!

I've been to maybe a half dozen of his concerts and you get a lot of good stuff. He'll always play one or two that are really obscure (and generally really cool), and then some stuff that fans would easily recognize even if they aren't hits, and then you can always count on probably three to five of his mega-classics like Born to Run or Thunder Road.

I wonder how tired singers get of their biggest hits. Bruce has probably sung Thunder Road 5,000 times now. It's a great song, but I think you'd get tired of anything over that long. I've seen him do some different arrangements from time to time, which may help. (The slow acoustic version of Born To Run is almost as good as the rock version.)
[Reply]
KurtCobain 01:37 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
So give us some detail, mang

Love a ton of his stuff, that first album is still fresh as the day it was made... but I’ve definitely heard mixed reviews of his live shows
It was the second time I've seen him live. First time he was great. Lots of effects in the show, good sound, and he had high energy the whole time. When he headlined rockfest in 2015, I can't tell you why, but he just mailed it in. He didn't bring any of his usual equipment with him, and it seemed like he put next to no effort. The sound was awful and he looked like he'd rather be sleeping the entire time. Every person I know that went to the show that year was heavily disappointed. Even Johnny Dare on his show the next day was pissed.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 01:46 PM 08-18-2020
It was the second time I've seen him live. First time he was great. Lots of effects in the show, good sound, and he had high energy the whole time. When he headlined rockfest in 2015, I can't tell you why, but he just mailed it in. He didn't bring any of his usual equipment with him, and it seemed like he put next to no effort. The sound was awful and he looked like he'd rather be sleeping the entire time. Every person I know that went to the show that year was heavily disappointed. Even Johnny Dare on his show the next day was pissed.
The worst part of it was, there wasn't a lot of big names there throughout the day that year. Although a few bands did end up putting on a good show, we were all there for Zombie, and the man just pissed all over it. It was so bad I didn't even stay for the finale, and if you told me before that I would leave a Rob Zombie concert early, I would call you crazy.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 04:50 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by backinblack:
this one is so bad it's actually really funny

I've heard these so many times on J105 I could sing them better shitfaced drunk than Vince does. It's a shame too since the rest of the band is on point, Mick and Tommy are still playing at a top notch level(despite Mick being pretty much undead at this point).
Holy shit......that is simply awful.

This is what happens when fat people have no lungs to sing anymore, apparently.

I had tickets to see them this past July (with Def Leppard, Joan Jett, etc.), but cancelled due to COVID.....

Maybe that was a good thing!!??
[Reply]
Dayze 06:02 PM 08-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Holy shit......that is simply awful.

This is what happens when fat people have no lungs to sing anymore, apparently.

I had tickets to see them this past July (with Def Leppard, Joan Jett, etc.), but cancelled due to COVID.....

Maybe that was a good thing!!??
:-). I Know right .
Absolutely saved tour wallet .

They must be on their fourth “THIS IS OUR FINAL TOUR EVAHHHH” Tour.

They sucked out loud.
[Reply]
kingrbt5 11:40 AM 08-20-2020
Channel Tres!
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 11:34 PM 08-20-2020
Originally Posted by kingrbt5:
Channel Tres!
I have never heard of this group before,or i assume its a group.I even typed their name in the music map thread,never heard of any of those similar groups either.Guess they're not very well known ?
[Reply]
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Up