ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Intermittent Fasting
MrGiggity 04:04 AM 02-04-2018
Anyone have any experience doing this? I plan to start on Monday.

I have researched it quite a bit and am willing to give it a try. I will probably do the 16:8 plan. Sixteen hours fasting, eight hour window to eat. My plan, and it will probably change, is to eat two meals totaling around 1600 calories between 11 AM-7PM. I plan on drinking a shit ton of water to help and possible supplement an occasional caffeine pill in the morning.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:24 AM 03-03-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Admittedly, I don't know shit about dieting, but fasting for four or five days doesn't sound ideal.

Why not just restrict your caloric intake to, like, 1200 calories a day or something? Give yourself a four to six hour window to eat so you can still fast if it makes you feel better.
It's all about Autophagy and resetting your self my friend.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:17 AM 03-04-2019
Admittedly, I don't know shit about dieting, but fasting for four or five days doesn't sound ideal.

Why not just restrict your caloric intake to, like, 1200 calories a day or something? Give yourself a four to six hour window to eat so you can still fast if it makes you feel better.
Like he said, it's about ketosis, autophagy, etc...

Tim Ferriss is a sucker for a lot of fad diets, but he (and a lot of other life optimizers) all swear by doing long periods of fasting/ketosis once a year or so in order to encourage autophagy of precancer as well as a bunch of other supposed health benefits.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:11 PM 03-04-2019
I've been doing 16-hour fast for the last 3 weeks. Of course the first week some shit went down at work, and everyone else in my life decided to pounce at the same time. Why does that always happen every time I start a new diet? I was grumpy/obsessed for like 5 days (I call it the hamster wheel in my brain that won't stop spinning no matter how much I want it to). But I pushed past it. I've felt pretty good since then and have been managing the stress much better.

I think one of the things I did wrong that first week was I didn't eat enough. After the first couple nights of going 16 hours without food, my stomach shrank a bunch and I just didn't feel very hungry. My normal lunch seemed like a ton of food. So I wasn't eating very much in that 4pm meal. But ultimately the calorie deficit + dealing with work and other kinds of stress - sent me into orbit. Now I'm making sure to eat a decent meal at 4pm.

This weekend I slept 10-11 hours per night. Must be my body catching up on something. I figured if it wants to sleep let's just sleep.
[Reply]
Hoover 01:13 PM 03-04-2019
I just started a 16 hour fast thing today.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:51 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:

Tim Ferriss is a sucker for a lot of fad diets, but he (and a lot of other life optimizers) all swear by doing long periods of fasting/ketosis once a year or so in order to encourage autophagy of precancer as well as a bunch of other supposed health benefits.

I’ve heard a three-day fast causes your body to replace all of it’s white blood cells, which could be handy for someone going through chemo and needs a hard immune system reset. I couldn’t find a ton of science to back it up but whatever works.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:53 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:

You can induce ketosis without fasting, though. Fasting for more than 3 days really isn't a good idea.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:00 PM 03-04-2019
I drink a 16 oz. Diet Dr. Pepper every day at lunch. I also drink diet Red Bulls when I go hiking. Am I going to get cancer?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:01 PM 03-04-2019
I’ve heard a three-day fast causes your body to replace all of it’s white blood cells, which could be handy for someone going through chemo and needs a hard immune system reset. I couldn’t find a ton of science to back it up but whatever works.
I fasted for 3 days and my penis looked bigger.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:03 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You can induce ketosis without fasting, though. Fasting for more than 3 days really isn't a good idea.
There's lots of (youtube) info that says it can be very beneficial if you do it correctly.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 02:05 PM 03-04-2019
I've been doing IF since December and love it.
[Reply]
J Diddy 02:24 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Well see, it’s worth it.
[Reply]
O.city 02:38 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
I've been doing IF since December and love it.
I've done it for about a year.

I don't mind it at all but I've never been a big breakfast guy anyway so it's not a big deal .
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:41 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:

Well, sounds like you’re overweight so fasting for a few days probably won’t hurt lol
[Reply]
tooge 03:18 PM 03-04-2019
So I'm 52 yo, I work out 5-6 days per week with 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes of strength training. I'd say I eat pretty healthy most of the week. I have either oatmeal and berries for breakfast, or three eggs and a few berries. I have a spinach salad with tons of veggies and a homemade olive oil and vinegar dressing used sparingly, and I generally eat a lean protein and some veggies for dinner. I do splurge once or twice a week and make something not as healthy, but usually even then I try to make it as healthy as possible. Little to no fried foods. I'm a pretty fit guy. My achilles heel is beer for sure. I often drink 12-15 beers throughout the weekend.

So, I've not tried the fasting thing but I am intrigued. So, I can eat whatever I want as long as it's between noon and 8pm? I can get down on spagetti and meatballs, or cheeseburgers, or pizza? Beer? I mean, everyone saying they are losing weight on the 16:8 diet seems weird to me unless they are modifying caloric intake?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:35 PM 03-04-2019
Originally Posted by tooge:
So I'm 52 yo, I work out 5-6 days per week with 30 minutes cardio and 30 minutes of strength training. I'd say I eat pretty healthy most of the week. I have either oatmeal and berries for breakfast, or three eggs and a few berries. I have a spinach salad with tons of veggies and a homemade olive oil and vinegar dressing used sparingly, and I generally eat a lean protein and some veggies for dinner. I do splurge once or twice a week and make something not as healthy, but usually even then I try to make it as healthy as possible. Little to no fried foods. I'm a pretty fit guy. My achilles heel is beer for sure. I often drink 12-15 beers throughout the weekend.

So, I've not tried the fasting thing but I am intrigued. So, I can eat whatever I want as long as it's between noon and 8pm? I can get down on spagetti and meatballs, or cheeseburgers, or pizza? Beer? I mean, everyone saying they are losing weight on the 16:8 diet seems weird to me unless they are modifying caloric intake?
No. You still have to eat right.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 21
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up