ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2546 of 3903
« First < 1546204624462496253625422543254425452546 254725482549255025562596264630463546 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 07:03 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Did I read that you've got a mask order now up there in that utopia you call St Joe?
Only in large stores for the moment.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:04 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
School openings will be an interesting experiment...

Missouri Summer Camp Closes After 82 Kids and Staff Infected with Coronavirus

Kanakuk Kamps, a network of Christian sports camps in the state, reopened their camps to thousands of kids beginning in May. Kanakuk chose to reopen after Missouri leaders said that there was a risk in letting camps reopen, but that they were confident that the camps had made plans to stop any potential COVID-19 outbreaks from happening.

Per a report from NBC News, parents received an email last week from Rebecca Duncan, Kanakuk's health services director, advising them that their children may have been exposed.

"As your Kamper returns home, we recommend that you consider a 14-day self-quarantine for your child and monitor for symptoms of COVID-19," the email read according to the report.

This is what is going to happen when we open up schools you watch.

Our school district here just issued a press release TODAY saying they are suspending all extra curricular activities until further notice. Why? Because those stupid assess were allowing organized activities and weight training and now there is ****ing outbreak at the high school.

the damn NFL and NBA aren't allowing such things but these geniuses think it was ok. JFC
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:14 PM 07-09-2020
My school district has made it through 4 days of school so far with no cases. We only have 6 active cases in the county though (we're small). Just read a note about a person in the county over that was just released after a 18 day stay in the hospital with covid. Was in ICU and had to have a ventilator. Is 1 of only 2 people who have been hospitalized in these 2 counties.
[Reply]
AustinChief 07:56 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by alnorth:
What a fucking joke. Nueces County has had 37 deaths TOTAL from Covid.

Sensationalism at its finest. If your county morgue can't handle a surge of 37 excess deaths over a month or more span... you may have capacity issues to begin with.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:04 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by AustinChief:
What a fucking joke. Nueces County has had 37 deaths TOTAL from Covid.

Sensationalism at its finest. If your county morgue can't handle a surge of 37 excess deaths over a month or more span... you may have capacity issues to begin with.
Hmmm well they only had 37 murders for the entire year of 2019, 29 murders in 2018. 37 Covid deaths in a month on top of any other deaths would be a huge increase that NO morgue is ever going to be able to handle.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:08 PM 07-09-2020
Sorry if Q, seems sciencey and stuff.

[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 08:13 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
True , but That doesn’t explain Europe or Asia.
I think part of it is that alot of of those countries acted faster. Tested, reacted and isolated much faster than we did.

Hell i think the nba suspended activities before i actually heard the president say much about Covid. We didn't give the sense of urgency until it was too late.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:21 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
I think part of it is that alot of of those countries acted faster. Tested, reacted and isolated much faster than we did.

Hell i think the nba suspended activities before i actually heard the president say much about Covid. We didn't give the sense of urgency until it was too late.
Dumb. Stupid dumb.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:43 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Dumb. Stupid dumb.
You're right: It was dumb on his part to call COVID-19 a "hoax" and to say that cases will soon be at zero.

Dumb, stupid and unconscionable.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:57 PM 07-09-2020
Ive been telling my fiance since the kids were let put for COVID that they won't be going back until there is a vaccine. MO's DESE (Department of Education and Secondary Education) came out with guidelines to restart school and I don't see how itll work. 3 ft social distancing for one isn't going to really do anything. What needs to happen is kids in 4th grade and up need tp just do the online meetings and the smaller kids need to have limited school time and classes need to be much smaller. They could do some type of rotating schedule one group goes Tues/Thurs and the other group does Mon/Wed/Fri one week and then switch the next week. That way they can implement proper social distancing and with smaller classes the kids get more time with teachers.

If they don't do something like that then school is going to be all online by the end of the first month or so until we get a vaccine.
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:16 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
If the lag in reported deaths is actually 4 to 6 weeks we are totally ****ed as a country...
If this round goes anything like the first round - 5% of confirmed cases today will = the number of deaths in 3-4 weeks.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:20 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Ive been telling my fiance since the kids were let put for COVID that they won't be going back until there is a vaccine. MO's DESE (Department of Education and Secondary Education) came out with guidelines to restart school and I don't see how itll work. 3 ft social distancing for one isn't going to really do anything. What needs to happen is kids in 4th grade and up need tp just do the online meetings and the smaller kids need to have limited school time and classes need to be much smaller. They could do some type of rotating schedule one group goes Tues/Thurs and the other group does Mon/Wed/Fri one week and then switch the next week. That way they can implement proper social distancing and with smaller classes the kids get more time with teachers.

If they don't do something like that then school is going to be all online by the end of the first month or so until we get a vaccine.
The every other day thing is a very likely possibility in Missouri. The state board of education or something came out with guidelines today or yesterday about how schools can do that and count attendance so it won't affect their reports. But the teacher wont be able to teleconference with the kids on their off day since they will still have a class so teaching is gonna stay really far off from normal pace.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 09:23 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Get the Shingrix vaccine although it isn’t a walk in the park either. It is a 2 shot series and a few hours after the shot, I couldn’t lift my arm over my head for a day. Also spent a day feeling like I had the flu with low fever and body aches. Still beats getting shingles though.
Yeah, that Shingrix vaccine was no fun.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:32 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Yeah, that Shingrix vaccine was no fun.
I was a little sore for a few days but didn't get it too bad.

My uncle got shingles. He said it was horrible.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:11 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I was a little sore for a few days but didn't get it too bad.

My uncle got shingles. He said it was horrible.
Getting it in the face can’t be fun.
[Reply]
Page 2546 of 3903
« First < 1546204624462496253625422543254425452546 254725482549255025562596264630463546 > Last »
Up