ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2544 of 3903
« First < 1544204424442494253425402541254225432544 254525462547254825542594264430443544 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
eDave 04:05 PM 07-09-2020
Ducey doesn't look or sound well. No joke.

So far he's said if you don't need to go out, please don't go out.

Strong move by our (T)'r.
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 04:15 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
I’m a Distribution Manager for a fairly large company. Our business has exploded since everything started opening back up. I need probably 15 to 20 new hires... and it’s a disaster.

I get tons of applicants. I’ve set up 43 actual interviews within the last four weeks. SEVEN people have shown up. I’m talking SEVEN of the 43 that scheduled interviews have walked through the door.

You always have a handful of no-shows, but I’ve never seen anything like this.
I’m seeing the exact same thing. It’s unprecedented and I’ve been doing this for 20 years.
[Reply]
eDave 04:34 PM 07-09-2020
Ducey:

tl/dr: After lockdown ended, cases went up. We need to take more action. Staying at home is the best way to improve our situation. Therefore.... when you go to Cheesecake Factory make sure you sit on the patio.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:39 PM 07-09-2020
I know it is hard to compare between countries but at one point Canada mirrored the US you guys had about 10x our cases and deaths (10x the pop)now it is closer to 100x times more in both , we still haven’t made masks mandatory ( mask usage seems pretty low) but we still don’t have dine in eating or bars open and still limit gathering to small groups .

I assume population density and lower overall population helps but I think they have put a bigger emphasis on social distancing then anything and so far we are keeping in check. They have started opening hockey rinks and allowing larger groups so hopefully that won’t cause a jump.
[Reply]
chiefzilla999 04:41 PM 07-09-2020
If a kid gets Covid their parents need to set up a play date with the other area kids so they can all catch it and get quarantined similar to the chicken pox.

*runs and hides*
[Reply]
Monticore 04:42 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla999:
If a kid gets Covid their parents need to set up a play date with the other area kids so they can all catch it and get quarantined similar to the chicken pox.

*runs and hides*
Kids get a vaccine for chicken pox now.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:44 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla999:

*runs and hides*
We were joking at work about that today.....you almost want to just to get the shit over with. Not saying you should or that it's a good idea but......
[Reply]
TLO 05:04 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I know it is hard to compare between countries but at one point Canada mirrored the US you guys had about 10x our cases and deaths (10x the pop)now it is closer to 100x times more in both , we still haven’t made masks mandatory ( mask usage seems pretty low) but we still don’t have dine in eating or bars open and still limit gathering to small groups .

I assume population density and lower overall population helps but I think they have put a bigger emphasis on social distancing then anything and so far we are keeping in check. They have started opening hockey rinks and allowing larger groups so hopefully that won’t cause a jump.
I don't fully understand this either. Everyone is all about EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE crushing this thing - but I don't get how. And if you tell me it's all because they're wearing masks I'll link you to a bunch of articles that shows they aren't all wearing masks consistently.

BTW I'm not anti-mask by any stretch. I've worn a mask since **** idk when anymore due to the nature of my work. I just don't see them being the magic bullet that takes a country that is struggling and flattens everything out to almost normal.

There's something here going on that we don't know yet. Maybe a mutation in the virus. Maybe something else.
[Reply]
Skyy God 05:09 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I don't fully understand this either. Everyone is all about EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE crushing this thing - but I don't get how. And if you tell me it's all because they're wearing masks I'll link you to a bunch of articles that shows they aren't all wearing masks consistently.

BTW I'm not anti-mask by any stretch. I've worn a mask since **** idk when anymore due to the nature of my work. I just don't see them being the magic bullet that takes a country that is struggling and flattens everything out to almost normal.

There's something here going on that we don't know yet. Maybe a mutation in the virus. Maybe something else.
What’s going on is we’re populated by morons.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:17 PM 07-09-2020
Ducey is so worthless.

Sorry for the wrong info.
[Reply]
TLO 05:26 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
What’s going on is we’re populated by morons.
Every corner of the Earth is populated, to some degree, by morons.

Maybe we just lead the World in morons per capita.
[Reply]
alnorth 05:27 PM 07-09-2020

County Medical Examiner in Corpus Christi, Texas says their morgue can no longer receive additional bodies.

Asking for a FEMA morgue trailer.

— Daniel Uhlfelder (@DWUhlfelderLaw) July 9, 2020

[Reply]
Donger 05:28 PM 07-09-2020
Texas hits the 10,000 mark in new cases.
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:35 PM 07-09-2020

There is a difference in the two countries, but we're not allowed to discuss that difference in this thread.
[Reply]
Monticore 05:44 PM 07-09-2020
Every corner of the Earth is populated, to some degree, by morons.

Maybe we just lead the World in morons per capita.
I see a lot of people complaining about the the measures put in place it they still comply ,there seems to not be as many just doing things out of spite towards government, we also have more people being helped by the government which I assume would be similar in Europe so people are a bit less desperate to go back to normal financially maybe.
[Reply]
Page 2544 of 3903
« First < 1544204424442494253425402541254225432544 254525462547254825542594264430443544 > Last »
Up