ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>**Sunday, Cinco de Mayo, Rangers at Royals GDT**
GabyKeepsMeWarm 11:00 AM 05-05-2024
Rubber match with Lynch on the bump. God help us.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:11 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
That exchange between Vinnie and Massey didn't look friendly.
Probably gonna meet by the George Brett statue after the game.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:19 PM 05-05-2024
Atta boy Vinnie!!! Maybe he’s getting hot again!

Cmon Salvy!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:22 PM 05-05-2024
Jungle Law has a NASCAR sponsorship now?
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 02:24 PM 05-05-2024
Nice to be able to kick back with a few beers on Sunday and watch the game.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 02:27 PM 05-05-2024
Love Salvy but it was great to have a catcher properly frame the pitches on a few strikeouts.
[Reply]
Fish 02:27 PM 05-05-2024
Lynch looking good now, after getting through that 1st. He still seems a little fidgety, but he's getting it done.

Bobby hWhitt halfway through hitting the cycle...
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 02:29 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
Lynch looking good now, after getting through that 1st. He still seems a little fidgety, but he's getting it done.

Bobby hWhitt halfway through hitting the cycle...
Was gonna bring that up but didn’t want to jinx it.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:30 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Love Salvy but it was great to have a catcher properly frame the pitches on a few strikeouts.
He's vastly improved his framing this year, not that he should fucking have to, but he has.
[Reply]
PHOG 02:33 PM 05-05-2024
MJ 2 for 2 today :-)
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:34 PM 05-05-2024
So this Reggie Miller, Watt, Luke Wilson commercial…. It’s fun, I like it.

Story time…. My first job out of college, after I turned down a job to be a videographer for Royals games, was in Santa Monica at the Barnes & Noble on the 3rd St Promenade.

Three story bookstore on a very busy promenade full of shops and restaurants. We were one of maybe two or three businesses that didn’t require a token to use the restrooms.

We were also sorta homeless “friendly”. Most of them were harmless. They’d come in when we opened and hang out and read. But occasionally you got that special brand of homeless and they’d be ushered out.

But it was a busy place and often the restrooms were a very special place for special people. Pretty sure I still have some PTSD for some of things I saw taking place or the after effects…

Anyway…. Those 3rd floor restrooms took a beating.

One day I’m working my usual spot on the first floor at the info station, and in comes Luke Wilson. Not unusual to see celebrities, and I’d seen him come and go a couple times before, but this time, he asks where our restroom is…. It’s a Saturday, mid-afternoon, I know that restroom is fucked. I tell him it’s on the third floor, but I give him a very colorful warning about the very real possibility he could be walking into a street on Calcutta.

A few minutes later, Luke actually visits me again, and he’s visibly shaken…. He was like, damn man, you weren’t kidding! All I could say was, told you so bro! You were great in Tenenbaums! He laughed, shook my hand and that was that…
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:36 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
Nice to be able to kick back with a few beers on Sunday and watch the game.
Right there with ya. Just about to crack my 2nd beer. Oh, and there might be a pint of whiskey hanging out here somewhere…
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 02:36 PM 05-05-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
He's vastly improved his framing this year, not that he should ****ing have to, but he has.
That’s good to hear, this is the first time I’ve had a chance to watch the Royals on TV.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:42 PM 05-05-2024
What a turnaround for Lynch!

After that 38 pitch first inning, would have never guessed he make it through 5 with only 74 pitches!

Very impressive bounce back!
[Reply]
PHOG 02:42 PM 05-05-2024
Nice job Lynch! Hopefully something has clicked for him.
[Reply]
TLO 02:42 PM 05-05-2024
Lynch should be done for the day.

Great work today, honestly.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up