ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3146 of 3903
« First < 2146264630463096313631423143314431453146 31473148314931503156319632463646 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 06:26 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I would also get cases down 60 to 80% simply by recalibrating the PCR tests to 30.

Then you also would need a symptom to go along with a PCR positive test.

Boom, cases almost gone.

If you look at the vaccine companies that is what they are doing..not using cranked up PCR tests without symptoms. They know and so should we.
Yep. If we stopped testing, our cases would go to zero! Wait, why are all these people showing up at hospitals?

Testing identifies infections. Testing creates nothing.
[Reply]
eDave 06:28 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That's really just it. Possibility vs. Probability. We are too much into this "if it can happen it's going to happen!" mode anymore.
I'd support a half lockdown but that's problematic in and of itself. But something to balance things out best as possible is preferable. Now's the time to do something, not argue over it.
[Reply]
Donger 06:30 PM 11-18-2020
If it worked why do we have to do it again?
I presume this is rhetorical.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:30 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yep. If we stopped testing, our cases would go to zero! Wait, why are all these people showing up at hospitals?

Testing identifies infections. Testing creates nothing.
Well, looking at the number in Miami more than half of the Covid "hospitalizations" aren't there for Covid but got a PCR positive on a test. So only counting actual Covid hospitalizations also brings those numbers down fast.

More than 50% just by counting correctly in this case.

Testing identifies infections.

You are a slow learner man.
[Reply]
Donger 06:34 PM 11-18-2020
Well, looking at the number in Miami more than half of the Covid "hospitalizations" aren't there for Covid but got a PCR positive on a test. So only counting actual Covid hospitalizations also brings those numbers down fast.

You do realize that that just shows how widespread virus transmission is in Miami, right?

Testing does identify infections. Are you actually disputing that?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:39 PM 11-18-2020
You do realize that that just shows how widespread virus transmission is in Miami, right?

Testing does identify infections. Are you actually disputing that?
Its not calibrated well to distinguish between active infections and dead pieces of virus.

Fauci said infections don't show past 32 cycles. So my question to you is why do you want so many false positives on a test that is being used to drive health policy?
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:40 PM 11-18-2020
No it won't. People need to get this through their heads, the virus is not going away, okay? It's here. It's not going to die. It's not going to disappear. You can hide in your house all you want but as long as there is one person or maybe even animal that has the virus it is not going to simply "go away".

A full lockdown will not "stop the virus". You would literally have to lock down any and everything that had the virus across the globe for an extended period of time.
You are correct. I should have stated it would drive Rt far down under 1
[Reply]
Donger 06:41 PM 11-18-2020
Its not calibrated well to distinguish between active infections and dead pieces of virus.

Fauci said infections don't show past 32 cycles. So my question to you is why do you want so many false positives on a test that is being used to drive health policy?
Let me nip this in the butt:

How did a person with "dead" virus in their body get said "dead" virus without being infected?

And yes, that an intentional sic...
[Reply]
petegz28 06:42 PM 11-18-2020

You're wasting your breath. Most likely these people never would test positive if the tests were set where literally every fucking medical expert says they should be set. Having a trace amount of the virus, being infected and being contagious are all very separate things. It has been 21 days since my symptoms. I was deemed non-contagious 10 days after the day of onset. I was told not to test because I would most likely still test positive.

There is gathering data and then there is mis-using data. If people would not test positive if the cycles were where they should be then most likely they are not spreading the virus either.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:43 PM 11-18-2020
Let me nip this in the butt:

How did a person with "dead" virus in their body get said "dead" virus without being infected?

And yes, that an intentional sic...
Just because a person has trace amounts of a virus does not mean they ever had it enough to be deemed infected or contagious. I figured even a Donger would know that.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:44 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I wish I had a good answer to this. Unfortunately, I don't. I'm very against locking down, but am not opposed to SOME other measures being taken.

Schools should remain open though.
I am with you. I would probably do mask mandate, no indoor activities (indoor dining, bars, gyms), keep schools open and hold out until the vaccine comes.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:46 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am with you. I would probably do mask mandate, no indoor activities (indoor dining, bars, gyms), keep schools open and hold out until the vaccine comes.
Mask mandates have been done. They don't seem to work for whatever reason. Blaming bars and gyms to me is an expedient convenience that in a lot of places is not supported by data.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:46 PM 11-18-2020
You're wasting your breath. Most likely these people never would test positive if the tests were set where literally every ****ing medical expert says they should be set. Having a trace amount of the virus, being infected and being contagious are all very separate things. It has been 21 days since my symptoms. I was deemed non-contagious 10 days after the day of onset. I was told not to test because I would most likely still test positive.

There is gathering data and then there is mis-using data. If people would not test positive if the cycles were where they should be then most likely they are not spreading the virus either.
There were states that were adding antibody tests as cases at one point. Honestly, history will not be very kind to the people that have been doing things they know are wrong.

The vaccine makers cranking down the cycles should be a massive clue that the fundamentals we see reported rest on quicksand.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:47 PM 11-18-2020
Mask mandates have been done. They don't seem to work for whatever reason. Blaming bars and gyms to me is an expedient convenience that in a lot of places is not supported by data.
Ok I have stated my plan what is yours?
[Reply]
Donger 06:47 PM 11-18-2020
Just because a person has trace amounts of a virus does not mean they ever had it enough to be deemed infected or contagious. I figured even a Donger would know that.
Really? Okay pete. Please explain how a person with "dead" SARS-CoV-2 virus fragments in the their body go that way without being infected with said virus.
[Reply]
Page 3146 of 3903
« First < 2146264630463096313631423143314431453146 31473148314931503156319632463646 > Last »
Up