ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3110 of 3903
« First < 2110261030103060310031063107310831093110 31113112311331143120316032103610 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 09:53 AM 11-13-2020
Hearing the meeting in JoCo for today will be to limit restaurant hours, capacities, etc. No word on schools or shutting places down.

They can't really decide on schools themselves and I don't think they are going to try to shut things down but anymore who knows?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:54 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Bordering where we don't want to go but the Mayor of Chicago and D.C. are doing these things after being out in Biden celebration rallies last week. Okay, fair enough if you want to go celebrate. But they are either ignoring their own orders or exempting themselves, etc.

Point is we keep saying why aren't people taking this seriously? Well, when the people who are tightening things on everyone are not leading by example what do you expect?

The Chicago mayor was out in the streets with 1,000's of people in the last week or two and now she wants you to cancel Thanksgiving? Why would anyone take her seriously?
It's not necessarily encouraged, but out here at least, the gathering rules only apply to indoors. So people can hold Thanksgiving outside if they really want to.
[Reply]
Dunit35 10:05 AM 11-13-2020
We are going virtual Monday for two weeks. We’re required to have 50 daily cases per/100k for a weekly average, before they switch. We’re at 61. I’d love for Oklahoma Department of Health to show their math work. Other than one 86 case day (Due to a backlog of cases they added when switching from manual and electronic). They never told us how many of those 86 cases were actually active. We’ve been in the 30’s everyday with 28 yesterday. We’re in the 300’s in positive cases out of 55k citizens.

But the bars and gyms are open so that’s good. I worked a security event last Sunday at the biggest church in town. I sat in the car except to use the bathroom. Not one person wearing a mask and it was packed.
[Reply]
Donger 10:34 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
If that's correct and we are catching 1 in 6 would we not be close to herd immunity before a vaccine is available to the public around March?
Last I saw, the CDC still says it's more like 10 to 1. So, we're at 110,000,000 cases right now. That's 33% of the population. I think it pretty clear that we haven't reached herd immunity at 33% like some were claiming we'd hit it. If it really is 60 to 80%, I don't even want to think about it.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:36 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My grandparents live in Hutch. They're not BAD when it comes to ignoring guidelines, but they told me a month or so ago all about how they were glad not to live in a big city like Denver where all the COVID is. I hope they're starting to take it more seriously. :-)
We were considered a hotspot a couple weeks ago (maybe a month). Things don't seem to be trending in the right direction here. To me it sounds like they are getting ready to move all schools to remote after Thanksgiving, but nothing official has come out.

It has seemed to me that for the most part the city has taken the precautions we can - masks, social distancing, etc - pretty good. But cases keep increasing. As of Thursday night, we have 543 active cases & 27 in the hospital in Reno County.

Hopefully your grandparents are taking it more seriously because I'm considering putting my dad, sister, & oldest son into bubbles.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:55 AM 11-13-2020
It's a good example of why the "let me sign a waiver" takes have been so infuriating (though I've seen less of that lately). Even if YOU don't get terribly sick from it, there's a good chance you'll spread it to someone ELSE who will.
And giving businesses a liability waiver is nuts. People will do whatever the company says or be unemployed. They get covid at work and would spread it to others. A business waiver would put the pandemic on steroid infused exponential growth.
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:00 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
This is a rolling shitshow. Wear your masks, pleople.

https://apple.news/AnDUeJZYeRw6e7vjfT0JSRA
No.
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:05 AM 11-13-2020
I just don't get what makes you guys so scared. What's changed since March? Let me guess. More scary media telling you to wear a mask.
[Reply]
Donger 11:06 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
I just don't get what makes you guys so scared. What's changed since March? Let me guess. More scary media telling you to wear a mask.
Well, we've lost a quarter of a million Americans since March. How's that for a change?
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:07 AM 11-13-2020
It's not necessarily encouraged, but out here at least, the gathering rules only apply to indoors. So people can hold Thanksgiving outside if they really want to.
My 80+ year old aunt wants to host Thanksgiving as usual. She wants to have it on an outdoor patio that has a screened in porch. Okay.

She wants to put up plastic to keep it from being so cold.

:-)
[Reply]
MahiMike 11:14 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Well, we've lost a quarter of a million Americans since March. How's that for a change?
Fake news and you know it.

Mods, please ban me from this thread. Can't handle the sheeple.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:14 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
My 80+ year old aunt wants to host Thanksgiving as usual. She wants to have it on an outdoor patio that has a screened in porch. Okay.

She wants to put up plastic to keep it from being so cold.

:-)
Heh. Yeah, that's the issue. I seriously doubt any public health agency is going to try and police it to this level, but you really have to have at least two non-adjacent sides that are open to air flow to really call it "outside."
[Reply]
Donger 11:17 AM 11-13-2020

No, it's not fake at all. But yes, by all means, fuck off. People like you are why this is exploding. Again.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:18 AM 11-13-2020
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
But the bars and gyms are open so that’s good. I worked a security event last Sunday at the biggest church in town. I sat in the car except to use the bathroom. Not one person wearing a mask and it was packed.
Superspreading for Jesus.
[Reply]
Pants 11:18 AM 11-13-2020

What a fucking dummy.

See ya.
[Reply]
Page 3110 of 3903
« First < 2110261030103060310031063107310831093110 31113112311331143120316032103610 > Last »
Up