ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 79
« First < 172324252627 282930313777 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:43 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
He's got to practice or gets too practice against McDuffie and our elite secondary just to get better against lesser opponents defense. Think about that. He practices against a championship defense and will get better for it. HOFer
That doesn't necessarily always equate to success. Obviously what will be most beneficial is playing w Mahomes and having Reid design plays for him. With his speed he should be fine here and hopefully able to contribute significantly by the end of the season.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:45 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Look like the kids who got caught with their hands in the cookie jar! Those smirks say it all. We got exactly who they wanted!!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:03 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Agreed. One guy isn't the difference

. You need a group that's good.
Sure, but having Mahomes isn't an excuse, or even worse, a reason, to have a bunch of scrubs at WR.

We have Hollywood, RR, and now Worthy. Everyone else is a JAG. Not just JAGs, but bottom barrel JAGs.

Eventually, I will find the podcast clip of Mahomes saying he has always wanted a jump ball receiver, and for me, we need a receiver that can't be taken out of the game easily with physical defensive play.

Sure, Worthy and Hollywood are fast, but let's be real, LJ Snead will maul them at the LOS, and they aren't nearly the receivers that Hill, Chase, Jefferson, etc. are, and Sneed shut them down by being physical.

This is one of the reasons I really want Brenden Rice. He is very big, very physical, and played with Caleb Williams.

Right now, the only player we have that has proven he can match physicality is Travis Kelce. Irv Smith Jr., Blake Bell, and Noah Gray aren't really physical at the point of the catch.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:08 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Sure, but having Mahomes isn't an excuse, or even worse, a reason, to have a bunch of scrubs at WR.

We have Hollywood, RR, and now Worthy. Everyone else is a JAG. Not just JAGs, but bottom barrel JAGs.

Eventually, I will find the podcast clip of Mahomes saying he has always wanted a jump ball receiver, and for me, we need a receiver that can't be taken out of the game easily with physical defensive play.

Sure, Worthy and Hollywood are fast, but let's be real, LJ Snead will maul them at the LOS, and they aren't nearly the receivers that Hill, Chase, Jefferson, etc. are, and Sneed shut them down by being physical.

This is one of the reasons I really want Brenden Rice. He is very big, very physical, and played with Caleb Williams.

Right now, the only player we have that has proven he can match physicality is Travis Kelce. Irv Smith Jr., Blake Bell, and Noah Gray aren't really physical at the point of the catch.

Javon Baker is another guy that's been getting hype
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:57 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Xavier Worthy needs a nickname.
QUETZALCOATL TASTES THE SWEET NECTAR OF THE END ZONE!!!! /Mitch
[Reply]
Katipan 06:01 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
QUETZALCOATL TASTES THE SWEET NECTAR OF THE END ZONE!!!! /Mitch

[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:02 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly. Rice and Worthy have the potential to be a great young duo. They can both be 1,000 yard guys year in and year out. Who gives a shit about "WR1!!!"
How about WR1MORE?
[Reply]
redfan 06:03 AM 04-26-2024
What a great pick!! I’m impressed with the kid’s quicks, his start/stops, and cuts.
Corn Dog is gonna get an update!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:23 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly. Rice and Worthy have the potential to be a great young duo. They can both be 1,000 yard guys year in and year out. Who gives a shit about "WR1!!!"
To me, a WR1 shouldn't be taken out of the game, at all.

That's what made Sneed's performances last year against those killers so amazing.

Tyreek Hill is a bowling ball with muscles, and Sneed basically erased him, twice, by playing physical defense. Neither Brown nor Worthy are anywhere close to as strong as Tyreek is.

To me, a WR1 can shrug off that physical play. It's not all about production.

I think Brown, RR, and Worthy is a pretty incredible receiver room, especially after last season. But, Brown and Worthy rely on speed to make plays, and if they can't get off the LOS, speed doesn't matter. Rice isn't necessarily physical, but he can absorb contact while running at least. We don't really know how he responds to physical play yet, because he didn't really face any.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:35 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

PFF can not believe it...

[Reply]
In58men 06:36 AM 04-26-2024

This gotta be the most cheating video game shit ever �� https://t.co/ogw3h6cVpS

— Dez Bryant (@DezBryant) April 26, 2024

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Rausch 06:44 AM 04-26-2024

I think Brown, RR, and Worthy is a pretty incredible receiver room, especially after last season. But, Brown and Worthy rely on speed to make plays, and if they can't get off the LOS, speed doesn't matter. Rice isn't necessarily physical, but he can absorb contact while running at least. We don't really know how he responds to physical play yet, because he didn't really face any.
If you try and jam Hollywood or Worthy and you don't pull it off it's 7 points. They gone. You better have some damned good man coverage guys.
TWO of them.

And while those guys are occupied Rice and El Travador will tear up your safeties and LB's. Worthy doesn't have to be a WR 1 - he just needs to be Hardman with good hands who can track the football deep...
[Reply]
Rausch 06:47 AM 04-26-2024
At this point, even though Veach is a top GM, one receiver not sucking, is NOT redeeming him for his struggles drafting wide receivers.
He's been to 4 super bowls in six years.

He can take his 1st round pick and throw it in the trash for all I care...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:50 AM 04-26-2024
At this point, even though Veach is a top GM, one receiver not sucking, is NOT redeeming him for his struggles drafting wide receivers.
I'm so sick of this narrative.

The Chiefs have spent 3 picks on WRs that would make you say "Oh, that should be a player."

1. Mecole Hardman
2. Skyy Moore
3. Rashee Rice

(3) was an absolute hit. (1) was a solid value for the 2nd round pick. He was a good contributor on playoff teams and SB-winning squads, whose pick was also influenced by the fact Tyreek Hill makes bad choices when it comes to women he spends time with. (2) is an absolute bust.

You're not going to nail every pick, but some people act like the Chiefs have spent all this high value draft capital at WR and gotten nothing in return, when that is not reality.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:54 AM 04-26-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I'm so sick of this narrative.

The Chiefs have spent 3 picks on WRs that would make you say "Oh, that should be a player."

1. Mecole Hardman
2. Skyy Moore
3. Rashee Rice

(3) was an absolute hit. (1) was a solid value for the 2nd round pick. He was a good contributor on playoff teams and SB-winning squads, whose pick was also influenced by the fact Tyreek Hill makes bad choices when it comes to women he spends time with. (2) is an absolute bust.

You're not going to nail every pick, but some people act like the Chiefs have spent all this high value draft capital at WR and gotten nothing in return, when that is not reality.
Beat me to it.

Hardman was a fine pick. Moore sucks. Rice was a great pick.

That’s really it for Veach and WR draft picks.

Any late round picks are just lottery tickets and nothing more.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 79
« First < 172324252627 282930313777 > Last »
Up