ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 141
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Missing Planeteers
Buck 09:51 PM 06-09-2016
Who are some CPers that you miss that aren't confirmed dead, but probably are?

The obvious ones are FAX, Skip Towne, and Mr Blond.

Who else?
[Reply]
morphius 08:49 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Z-man next time I'm in town? :-)
Sure thing!
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:50 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by morphius:
For me, I didn't like the idea of chasing off good members by making them moderators, lol. We had a run where most moderators got sick of it and disappeared.
Is it that rough?

I guess you probably do need a dispassionate "I don't care what you think" attitude in order to do it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:52 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Is it that rough?

I guess you probably do need a dispassionate "I don't care what you think" attitude in order to do it.
The problem with having an "I don't care what you think" attitude is then you can get trigger happy. You have to have at least a smidge of empathy.

You're constantly walking that fine line and no matter what you do, SOMEBODY is going to be mad because every argument has two sides. You can't ever please them both.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:54 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
That was me. I think Bearcat was an admin, too. Closed group, and you had to send us a message stating who you are on here before you got in. No way I would do that now. Too many crazies roaming around here now.
This, the quality of people here vs the old days is drastically different. People here now love to take CP into peoples personal life WAY TOO often.

10 years ago people would help people, support folks and become friends. IN the last couple years some of the new CP members arent people you want to associate with and they will do everything they can to destroy and ruin peoples personal life.

CP isnt the CP it used to be and probably never will be...
[Reply]
Frazod 09:08 AM 09-24-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
This, the quality of people here vs the old days is drastically different. People here now love to take CP into peoples personal life WAY TOO often.

10 years ago people would help people, support folks and become friends. IN the last couple years some of the new CP members arent people you want to associate with and they will do everything they can to destroy and ruin peoples personal life.

It had already started to turn before you even got here. Far too many people here who only exist to douche the place up. They never have a kind word to say to or about anybody.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:09 AM 09-24-2020
Sorter? By far the best guy at breaking down film on here.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:10 AM 09-24-2020
The problem with having an "I don't care what you think" attitude is then you can get trigger happy. You have to have at least a smidge of empathy.

You're constantly walking that fine line and no matter what you do, SOMEBODY is going to be mad because every argument has two sides. You can't ever please them both.
Yeah, I definitely understand that. You probably need people who aren't personally involved with a lot of the members in the real world so that personal feelings or real-life friendships don't get in the way.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:12 AM 09-24-2020

Yeah, I wouldn't want to mix my real life with this place today under any circumstances. That's not JUST a CP thing, but it is also a CP thing
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:07 AM 09-24-2020
Z-man next time I'm in town? :-)
Have you tried the Rocket Pig? It's fairly new (in the last couple years) and it's fantastic.
[Reply]
TEX 03:21 PM 09-24-2020

Yep. Been here since day 1. Much better place back in the day. Still have friends that I met back in the old 37 Forever days. Would not even think about involving most of the new crowd in my personal life.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 06:55 AM 09-25-2020

I have no idea what’s that like irl....
[Reply]
crazycoffey 06:58 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I wouldn't call it miserable (definitely thankless, assholes).

Budgets have been tight and the mod lounge hasn't been immune to the weak economy... there's still beer Friday though, so that helps morale.
Thank you. And all the mods over all time. Even Zach
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:09 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
Thank you. And all the mods over all time. Even Zach
I'm glad I'm not a mod anymore. I enjoy this place much more than back then. A big part of that, though, isn't that the board changed, it's that I changed. I was 27 when we started this place, just got married, and had no kids.

My oldest daughter is talking about getting married now. I'm a completely different person.

That being said, I wouldn't go back and change anything. It has all worked out in the end. Super Bowl Champs!
[Reply]
luv 07:23 AM 09-25-2020
I'm glad I'm not a mod anymore. I enjoy this place much more than back then. A big part of that, though, isn't that the board changed, it's that I changed. I was 27 when we started this place, just got married, and had no kids.

My oldest daughter is talking about getting married now. I'm a completely different person.

That being said, I wouldn't go back and change anything. It has all worked out in the end. Super Bowl Champs!
Just think, a lot of the guys on here were the age you are now when this place started. It's easier to see now how they looked at the younger ones and thought, "They'll learn."

I really didn't start coming out of my shell until my mid twenties, so 24-34 were kind of my coming of age years. And I tended to overshare on here, because I knew more people on here than I did irl. Looking back.... Man, yeah. Change.

I know that I stopped posting as much on here once I started dating and having a life. I think this place is just a phase for a lot of people. Once they've "outgrown" it, they simply leave. Life happens. That, or social media took over.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:27 AM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
Just think, a lot of the guys on here were the age you are now when this place started. It's easier to see now how they looked at the younger ones and thought, "They'll learn."

I really didn't start coming out of my shell until my mid twenties, so 24-34 were kind of my coming of age years. And I tended to overshare on here, because I knew more people on here than I did irl. Looking back.... Man, yeah. Change.

I know that I stopped posting as much on here once I started dating and having a life. I think this place is just a phase for a lot of people. Once they've "outgrown" it, they simply leave. Life happens. That, or social media took over.
I left for a while but that was more because of the team and the fact that I just got sick of arguing about stuff. It wasn't fun for a while there, just tedious.

As opposed to social media, which is almost NEVER fun, just tedious. Social media is a tool to talk to distant family members and market stuff. This place is way more social.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 141
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111 > Last »
Up