ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 43
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hosting CB Darby
ShowtimeSBMVP 03:37 PM 03-13-2019

Source: #Eagles CB Ronald Darby is expected to visit the #Chiefs tonight. If all goes well, he could sign considering the serious interest.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 13, 2019

[Reply]
staylor26 11:05 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Has this actually be verified anywhere?
Has what been verified? That he visited? If so, yea Veach confirmed it yesterday.
[Reply]
O.city 11:10 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Has what been verified? That he visited? If so, yea Veach confirmed it yesterday.
That he signed in Philly or failed a physical here?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:10 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by dwwataz:
Other than being spotted searching for homes in the KC area? No
What about Best Buy? Nothing's official until electronics are involved.
[Reply]
chinaski 11:12 AM 03-15-2019
I heard a rumor that Reid didn't like the way his balls moved during the "cough" portion of the physical. That's why he failed it.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:21 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
That he signed in Philly or failed a physical here?
Nop. Neither of those things have been verified. It’s awfully quiet.
[Reply]
srvy 11:40 AM 03-15-2019
Bumped into him at Hyvee wearing a green tophat with a 4 leaf clover in the hatband green T with Darby Clan and wore a kilt. In his cart was a Boyles corned beef a cabbage 10 lb bag red spuds and carrots.
[Reply]
srvy 11:55 AM 03-15-2019
Oh I forgot a cart full of Jamesons said he was rehabing. and with that he tiped his hat gave me a top of the morning. I wished him well as he shuffled down the aisle with a noticeable limp.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 12:35 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Bumped into him at Hyvee wearing a green tophat with a 4 leaf clover in the hatband green T with Darby Clan and wore a kilt. In his cart was a Boyles corned beef a cabbage 10 lb bag red spuds and carrots.
Originally Posted by srvy:
Oh I forgot a cart full of Jamesons said he was rehabing. and with that he tiped his hat gave me a top of the morning. I wished him well as he shuffled down the aisle with a noticeable limp.
:-)
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 12:37 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nop. Neither of those things have been verified. It’s awfully quiet.
Have to be negotiating contract then, no? I'd assume if he failed the physical it'd be blasted by the real reporters by now or if the two sides just weren't seeing eye to eye they'd have said he'd moved onto Houston?

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!! :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:39 PM 03-15-2019
Veach is holding him hostage isn’t he
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:42 PM 03-15-2019
Didn’t someone meet him at the grocery store once?

Something about him buying a bunch of candy bars and demanding they be scanned one at a time.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 12:48 PM 03-15-2019
....copied from the FA thread. Credit O.city

Interesting theory; if true they need to sign Darby, or someone like him :-)

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019...ndary-rebuild/

Chiefs using early 2000s Eagles as a model for rebuilt secondary

Over the past week the Chiefs have made franchise-altering decisions.

They’ve released two of the teams most veteran defensive playmakers in Justin Houston and Eric Berry. They’ve also traded away their most productive edge rusher in Dee Ford. These moves left Chiefs Kingdom in a state of frustration, because they couldn’t see Brett Veach’s vision. They didn’t have a look at a plan for the defense moving forward. It wasn’t until the announcement that former Texans S Tyrann Mathieu would join the team that tension began to ease.

Just ahead of Mathieu’s introductory press conference Brett Veach took a moment to explain the process behind bringing in Mathieu.

“…one of the things that was really interesting when we started this free agency process with Coach (Steve) Spagnuolo was I remember him coming down to the office after we gave him a list of safeties to watch. He would go down the list and he would say strengths and weaknesses and, ‘I like this guy,’ this and that, ‘here’s what he can do, here’s what he can’t do.’ He got to (Tyrann) and he said, ‘I’m struggling to find what he can’t do.’ I said, ‘Say no more, we’re going to get him.’”

There are few players in the NFL where you can’t find a weakness to their game, especially when it comes to defensive backs. It might seem like hyperbole, but I think the Chiefs truly believe it. In a conference call Veach went as far as to call Mathieu, “the ultimate chess piece.”

Both Steve Spagnuolo and Andy Reid had the luxury of coaching another safety who had a similar type of role and impact during their time with the Eagles — Hall of Famer Brian Dawkins.

The early 2000s Eagles defense was built around Dawkins, and his ability to do a bit of everything. He was a ball-hawk, a master of the hit stick, and a weapon in the blitz game. Mathieu is expected to have the same type of impact in the Chiefs’ defense. Yahoo Sports’ Terez Paylor talked to Mathieu about Dawkins and perhaps filling a similar role:

“It made the hair stand up on my back a little bit,” Mathieu explained to Yahoo Sports. “I’m a football historian, so I know everything about the players that came before me, and when coach [Andy] Reid mentioned Brian Dawkins… all I think about is him jumping over people’s heads and catching all those interceptions, and that’s the kind of player I want to be.”

Dawkins was a special talent that made a special impact on the Eagles defense, but he wasn’t the only special player in that particular Eagles secondary. They had five-time Pro Bowl corner Troy Vincent, and Bobby Taylor as the starter at right cornerback.

While looking into these two teammates of Dawkins, I realized the similarities between Troy Vincent and current Chiefs corner Charvarius Ward. Both players have near identical size and athletic traits. It occurred to me that the Chiefs appear to be rebuilding their secondary in the image of the early 2000s Eagles, but they’re still missing a piece. They need to find their Bobby Taylor.

It wasn’t common at that point in NFL history to find a corner that was 6-foot-3 and over 200 pounds with great movement skills. His size and movement wasn’t the only thing that made him a special player though, he was also known for his ball skills. Taylor had 78 pass breakups during his nine seasons in the NFL.

The Chiefs were looking at a player in free agency, Ronald Darby, who had 54 pass breakups in just four seasons in the NFL. During two of those seasons Darby even missed significant time with injury. While Darby doesn’t appear to be joining the Chiefs, it’s clear to me that they’re searching for a player like Taylor to complement Mathieu and Ward.

As the free agent market for corners continues to thin, they might struggle to find the type of corner they’re looking for. Right now, Morris Claiborne or Rashaan Melvin might be their best remaining options in free agency.

It also explains their interest in Vanderbilt CB Joejuan Williams in the 2019 NFL draft. He’s a player who finished in the top-10 in pass breakups in FBS football in 2018. He also has similar height, weight, and movement skills to Bobby Taylor. The Chiefs could certainly be looking to prioritize this player in the draft as they rebuild the Chiefs’ secondary and shape it into a 2.0 version of 2000s Eagles.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:49 PM 03-15-2019
Looks like we’re NOT signing this PIECE OF SHIT

I SAY WE ALL GO TO ARROWHEAD AND...TIP SOMETHING OVER!!!
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 12:51 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Didn’t someone meet him at the grocery store once?

Something about him buying a bunch of candy bars and demanding they be scanned one at a time.
:-)
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 12:53 PM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
Looks like we’re NOT signing this PIECE OF SHIT

I SAY WE ALL GO TO ARROWHEAD AND...TIP SOMETHING OVER!!!
FUCK YES!!!
[Reply]
Page 37 of 43
« First < 273334353637 38394041 > Last »
Up