ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>What to get with a ps4?
KurtCobain 05:20 PM 12-04-2019
We just got the ten year old boy a ps4 for Christmas. It only came with one controller and fortnite. What accesories or games should I get him? I ask this of my Chiefsplanet friends because I know nothing about video games.

Thanks in advance, Joey
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:27 PM 12-04-2019
Fortnite and/or the latest Call of Duty will probably keep any 10 year old boy occupied for a while. You'll need a PS Plus subscription in order for him to play CoD online with his friends, though, and that'll run you another $60 per year.

Other than that you probably couldn't go wrong with any Game of the Year edition in the bargain bin. Games like The Amazing Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn should appeal to a 10 year old and can be had for $15 or less.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:31 PM 12-04-2019
1. A 2nd controller for when his friends/cousins come over or when he asks you to play with him. Real shit. And make sure it's an actual Sony OEM controller. Don't cheap out and buy a 3rd party, they're all fucking garbage. Better off wiping your ass with your $$$ than buying a 3rd party controller.

2. Don't forget your PS+ account. Buy your PS+ subscription either yearly or every 6 months or so ( i forget how they offer it). Paying for it monthly is considerably more expensive.

3. For games, you got Fortnite covered which is a must have. The little kids, in my experience, also really like Mine Craft and Little Big Planet.

4. A good mic. I mean, you don't have to right away. But @ 10, he's not far from wanting to play online with friends.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:34 PM 12-04-2019
Oh, and some fucking USB charging cables.....unless you want your 10 year old borrowing the one you use for your cell phone....pick a few up...as they surely get lost/broken.
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:42 PM 12-04-2019
Oh and lastly, don't feel like you need to get any of those overpriced headsets they sell in Gamestop etc.

Pretty much any gaming headset will work. Don't get suckered in by overpriced crap like TurtleBeach etc.

You can pick up a nice Corsair or Logitech gaming headset for $50. Or you can go even cheaper than that....he is just 10 afterall.

My kid broke his headset recently. Now he's using some cheap ass ear plugs with a mic, cost like $10 @ Wal-Mart and he loves it lol.
[Reply]
Sofa King 05:58 PM 12-04-2019
Take him to a gamestop or something and let him pick out his own cheap pre-owned games.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:06 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Take him to a gamestop or something and let him pick out his own cheap pre-owned games.
That. I’ve bought hundreds of used games over the last 15 years or more and I’ve never had an issue with any of them. And I think you have like a 3day return policy in used games. So if you buy one and it sucks pipe, (looking at you UFC game with Ronda and Conner) just take it back for a full refund credit.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:09 PM 12-04-2019
Damn. I miss being excited about Christmas as a kid.

Like others say, Call of Duty will keep any kid occupied. Fortnite is good and free. Spiderman too.
[Reply]
jd1020 07:41 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Fortnite is good and free.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
vailpass 10:12 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Oh, and some ****ing USB charging cables.....unless you want your 10 year old borrowing the one you use for your cell phone....pick a few up...as they surely get lost/broken.
And make sure they are at least 6 feet long. 10 feet is better.

Detox is right. Minecraft and Little Big Planet are great for that age. Also MX vs. ATV.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:35 PM 12-04-2019
Get him Bloodborne. He'll grow up real fast playing that game. :-)
[Reply]
KurtCobain 10:53 PM 12-04-2019
Thanks, fellas. I see some good ideas. I appreciate it.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 11:17 PM 12-04-2019
My 8 and 10 year olds really like ratchet and clank, the uncharted series (although the language is bad at times), madden, the Star Wars version of battlefront, baseball etc.
[Reply]
Bump 11:39 PM 12-04-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Get him Bloodborne. He'll grow up real fast playing that game. :-)
if he really wanted to teach the kid a harsh lesson about humanity, he'd pick up Ark Survival and have him start out on a PVP server.
[Reply]
Setsuna 12:18 AM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
if he really wanted to teach the kid a harsh lesson about humanity, he'd pick up Ark Survival and have him start out on a PVP server.
:-):-):-)

That's sick and sadistic. At least you don't have to deal with human beings in BB. The world itself is Lovecraft horror.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up