ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Amazon Music vs Spotify
lewdog 07:51 AM 11-24-2019
Sell me on which one you prefer. We do have Amazon Prime and one Alexa, but debating whether to add Unlimited Amazon Music or go with Spotify Premium? Is their a major difference between the two? Does Amazon really have a bigger catalog of music?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:37 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Nah. I just don't stream music very much. It really doesn't sound very good.

I have a Marantz 2235b with a Music Hall turntable, a Sony SACD player, a Denon 720 pro tape deck, as well as Sony and Akai reel-to-reels. Oh and a Fiio x5 to play 24 bit files on.

I'd rather download a 24bit fileset. Streaming just doesn't sound good, plus if the Internet connection goes out, that's one thing. The other is, I prefer certain masterings, like the original Led Zeppelin vinyl or CDs of Houses of the Holy (I have the Japan 32XD CD, which sounds SO much better than the recent remaster), or, lately people have been bitching online that The Black Crowes took the "Lost Crowes" compilation off streaming platforms altogether. People went to listen and *poof* the shit was gone. Me, having the 3LP set on colored vinyl, I don't have that issue.

YMMV
You need to try Amazon's HD streaming if sound quality is your complaint.

https://www.alabamanews.net/2019/09/...-sound-better/
[Reply]
SuperChief 07:04 PM 11-28-2019
I really enjoy Spotify's shared playlist capabilities. My brother and I curate a lot of shared lists and it works seamlessly.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up