ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Travis Etienne
O.city 10:15 AM 11-19-2019
So if the Chiefs are drafting in the late first round and he's sitting there, thoughts?

I'm usually anti RB early, but I've kind of changed my tune seeing what these dudes that can catch and run can do for an offense.

I think he can be a Kamara type dude and in this offense that would be fun.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:39 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
He may have promised his Mom or other family members that he'll graduate
cool, lots of guys graduate after they leave for the NFL. They go parttime during the offseason and take online classes and stuff.

No need to put another 300 carries on your legs.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:49 PM 01-17-2020
In a year of a ton of backs he's considered a niche back....he may think that he has better value in next years class.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:51 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
In a year of a ton of backs he's considered a niche back....he may think that he has better value in next years class.
It's a HUGE risk.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:53 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
cool, lots of guys graduate after they leave for the NFL. They go parttime during the offseason and take online classes and stuff.

No need to put another 300 carries on your legs.
That's the only reason I can assume
[Reply]
Wilson8 03:20 PM 01-17-2020
LSU's QB will be gone so lots of their Junior players are jumping ship. Clemson will still have QB Trevor Lawrence, so it seems like more of their players are staying for one more National Championship try.

Usually though bottom line is money, but I don't see Travis Etienne making more money by staying. He will probably be a 1st or early 2nd round pick either in 2020 or 2021. (If he doesn't get hurt)
[Reply]
Mecca 03:32 PM 01-17-2020
New CBA might mean more money.....
[Reply]
staylor26 03:46 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
He may have promised his Mom or other family members that he'll graduate
He could still do that if he leaves early. This is really dumb. No other way around it.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 04:19 PM 01-17-2020
Etienne is only 20 years old still so I guess he'd rather wait a year and possibly get drafted In the first round next year and make better money. Because this year he was most likely gonna be behind Swift, Taylor and Dobbins which means he may have fallen to the third round maybe. Now him and Chuba Hubbard have a great chance to go higher next year.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:22 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Etienne is only 20 years old still so I guess he'd rather wait a year and possibly get drafted In the first round next year and make better money. Because this year he was most likely gonna be behind Swift, Taylor and Dobbins which means he may have fallen to the third round maybe. Now him and Chuba Hubbard have a great chance to go higher next year.

Hubbard is going back to college?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:56 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Hubbard is going back to college?
Yes, he's not declaring
[Reply]
Chargem 03:13 AM 01-18-2020
Man, these decisions. A rookie contract is worse case a 4 year $1.6m ish deal (I know you can get cut before that)?

This is like winning $400k on a slot machine and taking it all and putting it on red immediately afterwards.
[Reply]
SAGA45 12:14 AM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
There's one missing from that list I'd like to add....If the Chiefs can nab Lamical Perine (Florida) late day 2 or on day 3, Im good. Perfect fit in the Chiefs offense. Productive behind a poor line. Versatile, 3-down back and would be an awesome value later in the draft permitting the Chiefs to address arguably more urgent needs (O-line, LB, CB etc)
Kid made a nice play at the Senior Bowl:https://www.facebook.com/ChiefConcer...4771391965811/

Also named South Team practice player of the week for RB's: https://www.si.com/college/florida/f...rs-of-the-week
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up