ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tiger Woods
Hamwallet 04:13 PM 03-11-2018
Anyone else watch golf for the first time in a long time today? He seems to be getting back to form. He was right in it today, next week is Bay Hill, that dude lived on the course for a LONG time.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:23 PM 03-18-2018
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Good for you...you're not a golf fan...
No, I'm a huge one. I watch the PGA Tour nearly every week and often watch the other various tours as well. I can also recognize that Tiger Woods is quite possibly the best golfer who ever lived and that him contending again after nearly a 4 year absence from top competition is a far bigger story/far more interesting than Rory Mcilroy, Henrik Stenson or Justin Rose winning some minor tournament.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:18 PM 04-05-2018
God I hate being a Tiger fan. A little pressure/expectations on him and he wilts again. YE Yang killed him
[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:27 PM 04-05-2018
I had a problem with Tiger for a long time and then realized that he wasn't the problem... The problem is the media coverage. Just like Jack Nicolas, he could be in next to last place and the crews would be ignoring the leaders and focusing on Jack. I felt the same way about Jack. As soon as Tiger got healthy, it's all anyone talked about. If I were one of the other tour players, it would seem like this would really fire me up (assuming that you can get really fired up about golf).

I like seeing good golf; it doesn't matter who is playing. As far as the best that ever played, it's hard to top Nicolas because of his ability to make that late charge up the leader board. Tiger won most of his tournaments while out in front and watching the competition melt under the pressure.

Still a good excuse to take a nap. Even when the big tournaments are on.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 12:32 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I had a problem with Tiger for a long time and then realized that he wasn't the problem... The problem is the media coverage. Just like Jack Nicolas, he could be in next to last place and the crews would be ignoring the leaders and focusing on Jack. I felt the same way about Jack. As soon as Tiger got healthy, it's all anyone talked about. If I were one of the other tour players, it would seem like this would really fire me up (assuming that you can get really fired up about golf).

I like seeing good golf; it doesn't matter who is playing. As far as the best that ever played, it's hard to top Nicolas because of his ability to make that late charge up the leader board. Tiger won most of his tournaments while out in front and watching the competition melt under the pressure.

Still a good excuse to take a nap. Even when the big tournaments are on.

Not sure you understand scoring in golf. Make a double bogey ? Guy in next group makes a birdie? That’s three shots. Suddenly. No lead in golf is safe. Tiger feels the pressure like anyone who picks up the driver on #1 tee.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:10 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Not sure you understand scoring in golf. Make a double bogey ? Guy in next group makes a birdie? That’s three shots. Suddenly. No lead in golf is safe. Tiger feels the pressure like anyone who picks up the driver on #1 tee.
Yeah, I understand golf scoring. I also understand that certain players drive TV ratings and advertisers drive what is shown. My point is that if you aren't a fan of only Tiger or Jack (I was a Tom Watson fan), it's very frustrating for your player to get almost zero TV time when they are fighting for the lead and the popular player is lining up a double bogey and ten strokes out of it.

Dilly, Dilly...
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 02:20 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Yeah, I understand golf scoring. I also understand that certain players drive TV ratings and advertisers drive what is shown. My point is that if you aren't a fan of only Tiger or Jack (I was a Tom Watson fan), it's very frustrating for your player to get almost zero TV time when they are fighting for the lead and the popular player is lining up a double bogey and ten strokes out of it.

Dilly, Dilly...

I am still a Watson fan.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:27 PM 04-05-2018
Never been the same since Elin hit him in the face with a 9 iron.
[Reply]
eDave 03:41 PM 04-05-2018
I don't watch golf, unless Tiger is playing.
[Reply]
otherstar 03:51 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
I am still a Watson fan.
Me too! I still think Nicklaus is the GOAT because you need to figure in the number of top 5 finishes Nicklaus had in Majors in his career.

Jack Nicklaus--note the sheer dominance from 1963-1981:

Tiger is great, but he does not come anywhere close to that level of dominance in Majors. Tiger only dominated like that from 1998-2009. Jack had a 9 year stretch where he only finished out of the top 10 in a Major five times, and only missed the cut in a Major once in that same time frame. Tiger never came close to that.
[Reply]
fan4ever 03:56 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by eDave:
I don't watch golf, unless Tiger is playing.
Curious; what other sports do you limit to one athlete?
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04:15 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
I'm close to that way in Men's tennis. Doubt I'll watch much of the clay season with Federer out. May catch some of the young Americans or Kyrgios.
[Reply]
fan4ever 05:28 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
I'm close to that way in Men's tennis. Doubt I'll watch much of the clay season with Federer out. May catch some of the young Americans or Kyrgios.
I get having your favorites...but I wouldn't not watch a sport because my favorite guy wasn't crushing the field anymore...and I DO KNOW a lot of guys who wouldn't watch golf if Tiger wasn't playing but that's when he was good...where if someone else won, and Tiger didn't play, it was almost considered illegitimate. Nowadays, if you're not watching because Tiger ain't the star you're really not a golf fan and missing out on a lot of great young players...
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:37 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
Has anyone watched the Tour De France since Lance's fall from grace?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:42 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by otherstar:
Me too! I still think Nicklaus is the GOAT because you need to figure in the number of top 5 finishes Nicklaus had in Majors in his career.

Jack Nicklaus--note the sheer dominance from 1963-1981:

Tiger is great, but he does not come anywhere close to that level of dominance in Majors. Tiger only dominated like that from 1998-2009. Jack had a 9 year stretch where he only finished out of the top 10 in a Major five times, and only missed the cut in a Major once in that same time frame. Tiger never came close to that.

Jack won 19. Second in a nearly unmatchable 18.
[Reply]
fan4ever 06:27 PM 04-05-2018
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Has anyone watched the Tour De France since Lance's fall from grace?
Never watched it; boring to me...now, the cycling where they go around the track and wipe out that's in the olympics...that's entertainment...kind of like NASCAR with kickstands.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up