ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump: Mosques are essential
RodeoPants2 01:33 PM 05-22-2020

"Today, I am identifying houses of worship, churches, synagogues, and mosques as essential places that provide essential services." pic.twitter.com/PptCGYNAaa

— The White House (@WhiteHouse) May 22, 2020

[Reply]
La literatura 10:59 PM 05-22-2020
Not only mosques, but Westboro Baptist Church, Peter Gimore’s Church of Satan, and most controversially, Unitarian Universalists, are all considered essential by the president’s order.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 11:05 PM 05-22-2020
when none of them are.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 05-22-2020, 11:06 PM
This message has been deleted by Hoopsdoc.
El Lobo Gordo 11:07 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Stop whing laws also apply to you.
Not if I'm friends with the judge dummy.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 11:14 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
You haven’t been here long so I’m not sure if you’re aware-everyone just laughs at him. He really never offers anything.
To wit-

Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
Freedom of assembly is a constitutional right. I'm pretty certain the founding fathers had no intention of regulating people forming churches or worshipping in groups.
The government is taking zero action regulating churches for any type of religious reasons nor did the founding fathers place churches above the law.
I couldn’t have explained it any better. The art of forming sentences without actually responding is one our friend Lone has mastered completely.

Again, this is why everyone laughs at or ignores him.:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 07:10 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Leader who is fat, weird hair
^effeminate^
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:47 AM 05-23-2020
The government is taking zero action regulating churches for any type of religious reasons nor did the founding fathers place churches above the law.

Stop whing laws also apply to you.
In a number of states, governors are still prohibiting churches from meeting, even outside, when other forms of assembly are not being similarly regulated. In the state where I live, bars are now allowed to serve up to 50 people but churches are not allowed to assemble in groups of more than 10.

It's flatly discriminatory and it's why some, such as the Catholic church, have said they are just going to resume meeting. They know it won't stand up to any legal challenge because it's obviously unconstitutional, and a plain violation of their civil rights. The government cannot place restrictions on a church that it does not place on a similarly situated secular organization.

It's no coincidence that churches are being discriminated against by these blue state governors, but thankfully we have the 1st amendment.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:01 PM 05-23-2020
The performance of trumpers in this thread is simply amazing.

I have seen, in countless threads, trumpers argue that islam is a cult or a terrorist organization and not a religion and not covered by the first amendment. But not that trump is on their side so are you.

FWIW
- Most religions are cults
- All religions are childish nonsense
- I know religion has social value for many small communities, which is good but doesn't make the actual beliefs any less ridiculous
- Religious organizations should be held to the same standards as other organizations regarding covid, taxation, non-discrimination, employment law, etc. If there really are cases where churches are being held to higher standards than other similar secular orgs than that's not OK, I haven't seen any specific stories presented ITT
- Indoor church services are pretty high risk (inside, close quarters, singing, etc.), I wouldn't expect those should be allowed for quite a while. Outdoor drive-up services seem like the kind of thing that should be in an early opening phase though
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:02 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
In a number of states, governors are still prohibiting churches from meeting, even outside, when other forms of assembly are not being similarly regulated. In the state where I live, bars are now allowed to serve up to 50 people but churches are not allowed to assemble in groups of more than 10.

It's flatly discriminatory and it's why some, such as the Catholic church, have said they are just going to resume meeting. They know it won't stand up to any legal challenge because it's obviously unconstitutional, and a plain violation of their civil rights. The government cannot place restrictions on a church that it does not place on a similarly situated secular organization.

It's no coincidence that churches are being discriminated against by these blue state governors
, but thankfully we have the 1st amendment.
What is a specific exmaple of this?
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:03 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
What is a specific exmaple of this?
Read the earlier part of the post?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:06 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Lol, that makes almost no sense.

States rights claims involving state governments and the 1st amendment went out of style about 100 years ago when the SCOTUS interpreted the 14th amendment to require states to live by 1st amendment constraints. Right or wrong, itís nothing if itís not well settled law.

As for seeking a totalitarian, the responses to the pandemic show the opposite to be true. Itís the left who are complaining that Trump hasnít taken more control.
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Why? How is it in play here? Are you arguing that the 1st Amendment does not apply to the States?
Lotta love for the first amendment. Great, I love it too.

Where were you when trump called for a ban on Muslims immigrating to the US?

Where are you all when the right had a hissy fit about banning prayer in schools?

Where were you when we added "under god" to the pledge of allegiance, and "in god we trust" to our money?

Where are you when trump wants to open up libel laws to sue people who say mean things about him?

Where are you when trump constantly attacks our free press as the enemy of the people?

He clearly has no respect for the first amendment.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 10:09 PM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Read the earlier part of the post?
Can you link to an example, it's always better to read the full context.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:10 PM 05-23-2020
Lotta love for the first amendment. Great, I love it too.

Where were you when trump called for a ban on Muslims immigrating to the US?

Where are you all when the right had a hissy fit about banning prayer in schools?

Where were you when we added "under god" to the pledge of allegiance, and "in god we trust" to our money?

Where are you when trump wants to open up libel laws to sue people who say mean things about him?

Where are you when trump constantly attacks our free press as the enemy of the people?

He clearly has no respect for the first amendment.
Jesus Christ, that was 1954 & 1956. Exactly how old are you?
[Reply]
listopencil 12:37 AM 05-24-2020
- Religious organizations should be held to the same standards as other organizations regarding covid, taxation, non-discrimination, employment law, etc. If there really are cases where churches are being held to higher standards than other similar secular orgs than that's not OK, I haven't seen any specific stories presented ITT

Liar.
[Reply]
listopencil 01:13 AM 05-24-2020
FWIW
- Most religions are cults
- All religions are childish nonsense
- I know religion has social value for many small communities, which is good but doesn't make the actual beliefs any less ridiculous

[Reply]
Over Yonder 03:04 AM 05-24-2020
Shame the government doesnt enforce them being non partisan than.

Juvinile tax arguments aside, if you want to lecture and tell people how to vote in a political system, pay than you should also be paying into that system.

Want to argue honestly churches shouldnt be taxes? Then you also need to devote equal time to ensuring churches arent just tax free political vechichles.
The welfare class gets to tell others who and how to vote, and they don't pay a dime in taxes? As a matter of fact, they take from the pot. They are worse than non contributors. They are a net negative. Are we concerned about them?
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up