ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump: Mosques are essential
RodeoPants2 01:33 PM 05-22-2020

"Today, I am identifying houses of worship, churches, synagogues, and mosques as essential places that provide essential services." pic.twitter.com/PptCGYNAaa

— The White House (@WhiteHouse) May 22, 2020

[Reply]
listopencil 05:22 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
Why would an atheist give a shit?
Because atheism is protected by the USCON.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 05:38 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I would go further and say that churches should never be taxed because taxation is a form of control. I've witnessed local government attempting to extort a business with unreasonable taxes. The business successfully fought them off. A local small church wouldn't have had the resources to do that. Allow taxation and you end up with nothing but government approved mega churches. I'm sure that sounds great to a Commie scumbag who wants to turn us into a third world shit hole, but Americans disagree.
You cannot have true freedom of religion while taxing churches. You get to choose. Freedom of religion or government regulated religion(via the tax code).
[Reply]
stevieray 05:43 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Time for Natural Selection to make the rounds.
what a load of crap
[Reply]
listopencil 05:45 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
You cannot have true freedom of religion while taxing churches. You get to choose. Freedom of religion or government regulated religion(via the tax code).
Exactly.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:48 PM 05-22-2020
Now you know why they left England for America.

They were taxing their money and giving it to the "church".
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 05:57 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Now you know why they left England for America.

They were taxing their money and giving it to the "church".
I though they left England for America because King George found them revolting.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 05:59 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Ok. But the Courts are not going to go by what Trump deems "essential."

It's either a 1st Amendment violation or it's not. That's up to the Judiciary.

But in terms of what is "essential" and what is not, that's a decision made by people who actually make the rules, at the local level. There is no federal shut down, so what Trump thinks is "essential" is irrelevant.
The first amendment doesnt mean anyone has to listen to you or host your speech nor does it mean you have some magical right to in person church services.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:59 PM 05-22-2020
I though they left England for America because King George found them revolting.
This is why we need a thumbs up option in DC. I'm out of rep for the day but this deserves a thumbs up.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 06:01 PM 05-22-2020
Shame the government doesnt enforce them being non partisan than.

Juvinile tax arguments aside, if you want to lecture and tell people how to vote in a political system, pay than you should also be paying into that system.

Want to argue honestly churches shouldnt be taxes? Then you also need to devote equal time to ensuring churches arent just tax free political vechichles.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 06:03 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
The first amendment doesnt mean anyone has to listen to you or host your speech nor does it mean you have some magical right to in person church services.
The fact is you don't even need rights. That's a construct. You just need to go ahead and do it.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:04 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
You know what's not essential? Thread starting privs.

(waiting patiently for cosmo to pass out from anger)
:-)
[Reply]
listopencil 06:10 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-)
I know. He's going up the charts with a bullet on the secret Mod of the Year competition.
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:13 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Funny.

He still doesn't understand the structure of government in the United States of America.

And he's the President of the United States.

It really doesn't matter what he thinks is essential and what he thinks is not essential. Because, of course, the shut downs are not his. They're local.

What a ****ing moron.
"The president's authority is total"
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:16 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Do you feel tax law should also be applied uniformly?
You mean like $x from each individual?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 06:17 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
"The president's authority is total"
That was a good one. I think he actually believed it too.

I wonder if any of his people had the guts to correct him.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 14
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up