ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Trump: Mosques are essential
RodeoPants2 01:33 PM 05-22-2020

"Today, I am identifying houses of worship, churches, synagogues, and mosques as essential places that provide essential services." pic.twitter.com/PptCGYNAaa

— The White House (@WhiteHouse) May 22, 2020

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:57 PM 05-22-2020
Attending church serves no purpose, except for the reasons you make up in your imagination.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:00 PM 05-22-2020
People should be able to go if they want, but I think it will turn into a heart breaking horror show if they aren't careful.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 04:01 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Attending church serves no purpose, except for the reasons you make up in your imagination.

I mean, I can see the community and comforted associated with the rituals and understand how itís a social hub for some.

But they arenít essential and exposure risk is pretty bad with the indoors and the singing etc.
[Reply]
Eleazar 04:01 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
I agree that the same criteria should be applied to all institutions regardless of whether or not they are religious.

Calling out churches specifically for designation as essential, though, is ridiculous.
I don't know if the CDC branding them essential means much, but here everything from liquor stores to gardening centers have been deemed 'essential'. There is certainly a case to be made that people receiving religious services and counseling and everything else churches provide the community is at least as essential as beverage alcohol and potted plants.

Perhaps the White House believes that branding them essential may be a way to stop certain governors from enforcing policies that violate people's civil rights without needing to take legal action against them.
[Reply]
Graystoke 04:01 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Your belief and opinion, not mine.
Citizens who want to participate in faith based opportunities are afforded that right in the Constitution.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:02 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Sure. Churches should be tax exempt like other non-profits.
I would go further and say that churches should never be taxed because taxation is a form of control. I've witnessed local government attempting to extort a business with unreasonable taxes. The business successfully fought them off. A local small church wouldn't have had the resources to do that. Allow taxation and you end up with nothing but government approved mega churches. I'm sure that sounds great to a Commie scumbag who wants to turn us into a third world shit hole, but Americans disagree.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:02 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Guys, this RodeoPants dude just wants attention. Just look at the stuff he posts. It's all slimy liberal echo chamber stuff. He just wants to get a rise out of people. Sad.
He likely got his ass kicked on the regular all through school and now the internet is letting home strike back at the world that rejected him.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:03 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
He comes here to troll.

What I like about ChiefsPlanet is it isn't a onesided circle jerk(unlike twoplustwo). Just about all views are allowed here. The cost of such an open free policy is you have to accept a lot of trolling from clowns like rodeopants.
If it's true that Lodeopanties is trolling, then she's about the worst troll in the history of civilization. Most trolls try to make fools of other people - not themselves.

Unless she's trying to troll CP into thinking she's a brainwashed, slow-witted 13 year old girl totally driven by emotion and hysterics... :-)
[Reply]
NinerDoug 04:14 PM 05-22-2020
Funny.

He still doesn't understand the structure of government in the United States of America.

And he's the President of the United States.

It really doesn't matter what he thinks is essential and what he thinks is not essential. Because, of course, the shut downs are not his. They're local.

What a fucking moron.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:16 PM 05-22-2020
You know what's not essential? Thread starting privs.

(waiting patiently for cosmo to pass out from anger)
[Reply]
Taco John 04:18 PM 05-22-2020
Freedom of religion is an essential part of individual liberty.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:20 PM 05-22-2020
Bold move by Trump, 4 months later and when most things are re-opening, to take this heroic stand.

Again, it emphasizes that Trump says he's in charge of all restrictions. If you're pissed your favorite thing was or is closed, he's the one you should be bitching at.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:21 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Funny.

He still doesn't understand the structure of government in the United States of America.

And he's the President of the United States.

It really doesn't matter what he thinks is essential and what he thinks is not essential. Because, of course, the shut downs are not his. They're local.

What a fucking moron.
It's not that simple. Local and state governments will abide by the USCON. A friendly DOJ will see to that.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:22 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Bold move by Trump, 4 months later and when most things are re-opening, to take this heroic stand.

Again, it emphasizes that Trump says he's in charge of all restrictions. If you're pissed your favorite thing was or is closed, he's the one you should be bitching at.
I'm glad this annoys you.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:23 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
You know what's not essential? Thread starting privs.

(waiting patiently for cosmo to pass out from anger)
:-)

You shouldn't joke about internet censorship like that. It's a really important issue to many around here.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up