ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Judicial Watch Sues to Stop Cali Gov Newsom’s “Vote by Mail” Mandate
BucEyedPea 12:49 PM 05-22-2020
From a Judicial Watch press release that was just sent to members of the media yesterday.
The Judicial Watch complaint argues that Newsom’s Executive Order N-64-20, requiring all California counties to conduct all-mail ballot elections, violates the U.S. Constitution and California state law.

According to the U.S. Constitution, only state legislatures may determine the “Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives,” and only state legislatures may establish the manner in which electors to the Electoral College are appointed.

The lawsuit points out that “[n]either defendant in this case is a ‘Legislature,’” as required under the Constitution, and “[t]he California Legislature never delegated to [Newsom] its authority under the Elections Clause or Electors Clause to regulate the manner of conducting elections for senators, representatives, or presidential electors.”

Judicial Watch also contends that Newsom’s mandate violates the California Voter’s Choice Act of 2016, which grants counties the option to qualify for and opt in to a system of mail-in voting. Judicial Watch argues the law reflects the legislature’s deliberate choice to delegate to each county the decision about whether to qualify and opt in to the all-mail ballot system. During the March 3, 2020 primary election, only 15 of California’s 58 counties qualified and opted-in to the all-mail balloting system.

The lawsuit alleges the plaintiffs will be harmed by Newsom’s mandate for all-mail voting because it imposes an entirely new election system that ignores the extensive qualifications required by California law before a county can opt in to all-mail balloting. Judicial Watch argues its plaintiffs will be at risk of having their votes thrown out or diluted by invalid votes under Newsom’s illegal system, and that Mr. Issa will have to expend additional resources to respond to the illegal mandate during his campaign.

“Governor Newsom’s vote-by-mail mandate is unconstitutional and may cause the votes of countless voters to be thrown out or not counted,” stated Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.

“California law prohibits blindly mailing out ballots to every registered voter in the state. This scheme raises the risk of Election Day chaos as well as voter fraud.”

In 2018, California settled a federal lawsuit with Judicial Watch and began the process of removing up to 1.6 million inactive names from Los Angeles County’s voter rolls. Judicial Watch late last year sent notices to 11 additional California counties warning them of voting list maintenance issues. Judicial Watch recently sued North Carolina and Pennsylvania to force them to clean up their voter rolls.

https://www.judicialwatch.org/docume...20200522184957

[Reply]
vailpass 06:44 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
Listen to this guy, Trumpers. He knows what he's talking about.

Take his wisdom to heart. Don't become one of the lemmings, mindlessly following the other lemmings to the polls.

Don't let them make a fool out of you. Show them you know it's all a fraud.
Sorry bud. As you know, Trump voters will turn out no matter what.
[Reply]
Bump 06:47 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
And the answer is that we have overwhelming evidence there isnt any voter fraud in mail in ballots. Want to say otherwise, show your work.

Otherwise, you are straight talking out of your ass with this "common sense anti fraud safeguards".

Dont need safeguards when its proven there isnt any fraud.

How dumb are you, truly?
proven by whom?

It's one of those "we investigated ourselves and found nothing wrong!" things isn't it?
[Reply]
NinerDoug 06:47 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Sorry bud. As you know, Trump voters will turn out no matter what.
Carlos says your votes don't count. The guy knows his shit too, just like Taco.
[Reply]
patteeu 06:49 PM 05-22-2020
And the answer is that we have overwhelming evidence there isnt any voter fraud in mail in ballots. Want to say otherwise, show your work.

Otherwise, you are straight talking out of your ass with this "common sense anti fraud safeguards".

How dumb are you, truly?
Again, I'm not talking about history. Why are you opposed to commonsense antifraud safeguards?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 06:51 PM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Again, I'm not talking about history. Why are you opposed to commonsense antifraud safeguards?
"I dont care that we have 20 years of evidence showing no fraud"

We know patty, you dont operate in facts.

Dont need safeguards for something that exist there son.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:31 PM 05-24-2020

[Reply]
Bowser 08:44 PM 05-24-2020

How dumb are you, truly?
The evidence is overwhelming that we don't have voter fraud in this country by the Democrats, folks. If you don't believe him, well, prepare to be called a Conservative or something. Don't ask Lone here to provide backup to HIS claim that there isn't voter fraud, just accept that the Democrats would never do such a thing and move along.

Now I wonder where my dead parents will pop up with their vote for Biden? I "think" I know where they might, but I'm not positive.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:38 AM 05-25-2020

How dumb are you, truly?
My house has never been robbed, but I still lock all my doors and windows.

Requiring a person to vote in person with a valid ID is a reasonable prudent action, despite your lame ass grandstanding.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:51 AM 05-25-2020
Voter fraud never happens.....

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325397

Oops......
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 04:36 AM 05-25-2020
Newsome and Garcetti need to be recalled and thrown out of office ASAP in my version of their "new normal"
[Reply]
Loneiguana 05:38 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The evidence is overwhelming that we don't have voter fraud in this country by the Democrats, folks. If you don't believe him, well, prepare to be called a Conservative or something. Don't ask Lone here to provide backup to HIS claim that there isn't voter fraud, just accept that the Democrats would never do such a thing and move along.

Now I wonder where my dead parents will pop up with their vote for Biden? I "think" I know where they might, but I'm not positive.
It's a very conservative thing to not know Oregon has had vote by mail for everyone since 1998 with no fraud. It's not my fault conservatives dont know or understand simple things and would rather cry, like your doing here.

Tell you what, since you just want to cry, I'll provide with some info faux news would never tell you about:

Originally Posted by :
Oregon, the pioneer in this area, has sent out more than 100 million mail-in ballots since 2000, and has documented only about a dozen cases of proven fraud.” Rounded to the seventh decimal point, that’s 0.0000001 percent of all votes cast. An exhaustive investigative journalism analysis of all known voter fraud cases identified only 491 cases of absentee ballot fraud from 2000 to 2012. As election law professor Richard L. Hasen notes, during that period “literally billions of votes were cast.” While mail ballots are more susceptible to fraud than in-person voting, it is still more likely for an American to be struck by lightning than to commit mail voting fraud.
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-wo...ote-mail-fraud
[Reply]
Loneiguana 05:41 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
My house has never been robbed, but I still lock all my doors and windows.

Requiring a person to vote in person with a valid ID is a reasonable prudent action, despite your lame ass grandstanding.
Dumbass makes horrible analogy, uses as a basis for a completely wrong belief. Must be a conservative.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:05 AM 05-25-2020
"Proven fraud". I'm sure they fired up the Mystery Machine and got Scooby and the gang on it right away when they suspected fraud was in play.

And in case nobody has ever heard of the Brennan Center of Justice, it's a leftist organization formed by former SCOTUS judge William Brennan and is ran by former Clinton appointees. Also in case you've never heard or realized, Judge Brennan is the turd responsible for giving us anchor babies from illegal aliens in this country.

Take your slanted liberal crap and cram it up your soy infested ass.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:15 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
"Proven fraud". I'm sure they fired up the Mystery Machine and got Scooby and the gang on it right away when they suspected fraud was in play.

And in case nobody has ever heard of the Brennan Center of Justice, it's a leftist organization formed by former SCOTUS judge William Brennan and is ran by former Clinton appointees. Also in case you've never heard or realized, Judge Brennan is the turd responsible for giving us anchor babies from illegal aliens in this country.

Take your slanted liberal crap and cram it up your soy infested ass.
I wonder if the Brennan Center can help him come up with an answer to the question I asked him?
[Reply]
Bowser 09:24 AM 05-25-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I wonder if the Brennan Center can help him come up with an answer to the question I asked him?
"An answer"? I have no doubt.

"A middle of the road, not liberally slanted" answer?

No need for safeguards when it never happens, Pat! /baaaaa
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up