ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Quinnipiac: Blacks support Biden 81-3
Prison Bitch 12:29 PM 05-22-2020
Orange Maggot wasted 4 years sucking up to people who hate his guts.

Poll: Biden holds 11-point lead over Trump nationally https://t.co/6dtFp4Ma8q pic.twitter.com/js0C30i0s9

— The Hill (@thehill) May 20, 2020

[Reply]
notorious 08:57 AM 05-23-2020
It doesn't matter if we have a Pub or Dem president.

The only difference is the "side" that bitches about everything.

People will never figure this out, though.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:57 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I don't think using 2016 as a baseline works in this election. A LOT has happened since then and the rules have changed.
Maybe. But as many people have said, if you gave Hillary another ~50,000 votes to spread between Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, she wins. Biden may not be a great candidate, but he's surely no worse than her, and he won't make the same mistakes in ignoring those states completely.
[Reply]
notorious 08:58 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
I don't see how being who he always claimed to be is "selling out". Trump has never showed himself to be a fiscal conservative, including during the campaign. He was ready to spend on all sorts of things. It's one of the reasons I didn't vote for him.
His spending would make Obama blush.

It's insane.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:58 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

It's insane.
Let's be honest, there's no level of spending that would make Obama blush.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:03 AM 05-23-2020

It's insane.
He hasn't gotten his infrastructure money yet. If he still goes for that, after all the money that's being pissed away on the virus, it's going to be even more insane.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:03 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Maybe. But as many people have said, if you gave Hillary another ~50,000 votes to spread between Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, she wins. Biden may not be a great candidate, but he's surely no worse than her, and he won't make the same mistakes in ignoring those states completely.
You're not wrong about the numbers, but I would disagree about Biden not being a worse candidate. Hillary was just flat not liked by everyone (including her own party) while Biden is pretty much incompetent at this point with a ton of baggage dragging behind him. Debatable, at the very least.

The point I was building to was that moderates aren't going to suddenly forget about the 3+ years of the Dems wasting everyone's time and money trying to pin this that and the other on Trump, only to put a laughable impeachment attempt on him in the end as some rotted out cherry on top. Moderates aren't exactly thrilled with the left right now (they're not thrilled with the right and their out of control spending either, to be fair).
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:36 AM 05-23-2020
I don't see how being who he always claimed to be is "selling out". Trump has never showed himself to be a fiscal conservative, including during the campaign. He was ready to spend on all sorts of things. It's one of the reasons I didn't vote for him.
He ran the most anti-immigrant campaign in us history and then dropped it the second he won. Hes a bald faced shameless liar and its ok to say it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:42 AM 05-23-2020
It doesn't matter if we have a Pub or Dem president.

The only difference is the "side" that bitches about everything.

People will never figure this out, though.

That’s def not true. The special interests care a LOT who wins, which is why they spend what they do. (You’re prob right it doesn’t affect the avg person much)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:52 AM 05-23-2020
That was then, this is now...

His opponents are going to make the case that his ineffective leadership on the virus is a primary cause of the economy going in the tank. Downplaying it until the middle of March, failing to contain it in the early stages, not being able to test effectively until May, etc.

Sure, the economy was doing well with more pro-business policies than it had seen since 2008, but any way you look at it when the first really big crisis of his presidency happened, he fumbled it.
I don't think that Trump falls on big abstract economic indicators. The consequences of an unprecedented pandemic are hard to project. They are as likely to grudgingly or even gratefully credit him with weathering it, or look to put the pain behind them by choosing a new course. FDR got 4 terms, right to his death, with fuck-all for results except the vague notion that 'he's there for us.'

Problem is that Biden has fuck-all to do with a new course.

Further, if the electorate are itching for a 'return to normalcy,' the pre-crisis economy is going to have even more nostalgic value than here where it was there by Trump's efforts, and then was taken away by fate.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:57 AM 05-23-2020
That was then, this is now...

His opponents are going to make the case that his ineffective leadership on the virus is a primary cause of the economy going in the tank. Downplaying it until the middle of March, failing to contain it in the early stages, not being able to test effectively until May, etc.

Sure, the economy was doing well with more pro-business policies than it had seen since 2008, but any way you look at it when the first really big crisis of his presidency happened, he fumbled it.
That's a lie.
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:50 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
You're not wrong about the numbers, but I would disagree about Biden not being a worse candidate. Hillary was just flat not liked by everyone (including her own party) while Biden is pretty much incompetent at this point with a ton of baggage dragging behind him. Debatable, at the very least.

The point I was building to was that moderates aren't going to suddenly forget about the 3+ years of the Dems wasting everyone's time and money trying to pin this that and the other on Trump, only to put a laughable impeachment attempt on him in the end as some rotted out cherry on top. Moderates aren't exactly thrilled with the left right now (they're not thrilled with the right and their out of control spending either, to be fair).
Yeah, I don't think there is practically much difference between how "good" of a candidate Biden is between Hillary in aggregate - he scores higher on incompetence and she scores higher on malevolence. Maybe in the end they score the same but he surely can't be any worse, or any more disliked. He will not drive nearly the "vote against" vote that Hillary would.

Maybe the rural rust belt voters will disagree with me, but like I was saying, it wouldn't take much to flip the election. A 1% change in several states would have Biden winning a fairly comfortable victory in the electoral college.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:32 AM 05-23-2020
Turnout will be shit for this election. I’d guesstimate 40%.
[Reply]
Pogue 11:36 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Turnout will be shit for this election. Id guesstimate 40%.
Your predictions are on par with Lex Luthor.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:56 AM 05-23-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
It's what I'm seeing in social media. It's reflected in some polls. That's all I can really say about it, I guess it is subjective. But to me, the trend is quite noticeable. I guess we'll have to wait until November.

Who are the 4%? A RINO or two! https://t.co/fYjnhC6rrl

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 23, 2020

[Reply]
Over Yonder 12:49 PM 05-23-2020
Yea, I'm aware of him claiming to be a big spender, even during his campaign. It's one of the reasons I voted Cruz when I had the chance. I knew that going in. I wouldn't call that selling out, either. Disappointing, yes. Selling out, no.

His immigration position can only be seen as selling out, though. Anybody that had that at the top of their list first go-around shouldn't be counted on as a repeat voter, I wouldn't think anyways. But what do I know. We have bean counters to determine these matters.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up