ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>If Biden Chooses a female running mate, is that going to hurt him
El Lobo Gordo 04:29 PM 05-21-2020
Biden has pledged to choose a female to be his running mate. Is that going to hurt him or help him?

Some people are voting for Biden are actually voting for not Trump. To this group it doesn't matter who Biden chooses. Other people will vote for Trump because they are voting for not a democrat. To this group it also doesn't matter who Biden is choosing. Then you have the rest and to them it may matter.

Now normally people who decide the election don't look to closely at the bottom of the ticket. This election is different. Biden is clearly in decline and that may prompt people to consider his running mate a little more carefully.

Only one of three possibilities about the country are true:
1. The country is biased against having a female president.
2. The country is indifferent about having a female president.
3. The country is biased in favor of having a female president.

Now I don't know which one of those possibilities is true. My guess is it is number 1 that is true. If the country is biased against having a female president and if the country is going to look more closely at the bottom of the Democrat ticket because Biden is in mental decline, then it is probably a strategic mistake for him to choose a female to be his running mate.

What are your thoughts?
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:56 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
In another thread I started on here I made the argument Biden is engaging in sexism by using sex as criteria for being VP.
You can't be sexist against men, just like you can't be racist against white people. :-)
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:00 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
The effects of peoples animus isn't all encompassing. I might have animosity toward blacks but I would vote for a black right to life candidate over a white pro-abortion candidate. Or I might not get excited about the election and not vote at all...even though I support the black candidate and hope she wins.

People on the left have racial and sexist biases like everyone else. You guys can pretend you don't at your own peril. Its no skin off my back.
I might have biases, but it doesn't extend to refusing to vote for either of those groups.
Like I said, if your bias extends that far, you're already a Trumper.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 07:01 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
There's no way in hell that Obama's deep tan harmed him at the ballot box.
People around you feign not having racial biases because its just not socially acceptable to have one. Racism is a lot more prevalent than the overt racism you see.

I'll give you an example. I know a man who is "married" to another man. In my opinion his "marriage" is a useful fiction but I don't tell him that. I go along with his fiction because that seems to be what is most socially acceptable.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:05 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
People around you feign not having racial biases because its just not socially acceptable to have one. Racism is a lot more prevalent than the overt racism you see.

:-)


White racism as a force is all but dead. White racism as a straw man is alive and well.


If Obama had been white, he'd never have even gotten close to the Dem nomination, never mind winning the presidency. His only "qualification" was his tan.
[Reply]
Taco John 07:05 PM 05-21-2020
I've seen the available female candidates. The answer is yes. We're looking at Mondale / Ferraro: The Electric Boogaloo right now. The good news is that Joe is a bad enough candidate on his own that Trump doesn't need Joe to select a woman candidate to win.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:06 PM 05-21-2020
Highly likely answer is yes due to Kamara and Warren being leading candidates.

The entire Biden me too diarrhea will not play well after what they’ve said.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 07:13 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I might have biases, but it doesn't extend to refusing to vote for either of those groups.
Like I said, if your bias extends that far, you're already a Trumper.
Well you're wrong.

And you should be worried about the guy that goes into the booth and finds the Trump/Pence ticket just a little more appealing than the Biden/very possible future woman president ticket but doesn't know why. Or if he does know why, he never told you or you pollsters because you would demonize him.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:21 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
If you automatically have a bias against any female candidate, you are a Trumper anyway.
Is that what your moms taught you?
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:27 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Taco John:
I've seen the available female candidates. The answer is yes. We're looking at Mondale / Ferraro: The Electric Boogaloo right now. The good news is that Joe is a bad enough candidate on his own that Trump doesn't need Joe to select a woman candidate to win.
Biden / Klobuchar to Mondale / Ferraro is probably a good comparison in terms of how compelling each candidate is.

They aren't taking on a Reagan at the height of his popularity, though.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 08:02 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Is that what your moms taught you?
It's what your moms taught me, among other things.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 08:11 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
If Obama had been white, he'd never have even gotten close to the Dem nomination, never mind winning the presidency. His only "qualification" was his tan.
I think you could make a case that Obama's skin color helped him get the democrat nomination. That's all engineered by party elites and I am sure they thought the optics of the first black president to be appealing. You get to call anyone who criticizes Obama a racist and the black population would certainly come out a little stronger and vote for him. That doesn't make everyone's biases go away though. If Sylvester McMonkey McBean turned Obama white right after he cinched the nomination, would Obama have gotten more votes, less votes, or the same amount votes in the general election?
[Reply]
Taco John 08:13 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Biden / Klobuchar to Mondale / Ferraro is probably a good comparison in terms of how compelling each candidate is.

They aren't taking on a Reagan at the height of his popularity, though.
No, they'll be taking on Trump at the height of his.
[Reply]
El Lobo Gordo 08:16 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Taco John:
No, they'll be taking on Trump at the height of his.
Trump is more popular than polls suggests because the press has been demonizing him so much....which creates an incentive for people to lie to pollsters.

You don't want to admit you're a Trumper....right Cosmos2002?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 08:24 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by El Lobo Gordo:
I think you could make a case that Obama's skin color helped him get the democrat nomination. That's all engineered by party elites and I am sure they thought the optics of the first black president to be appealing. You get to call anyone who criticizes Obama a racist and the black population would certainly come out a little stronger and vote for him. That doesn't make everyone's biases go away though. If Sylvester McMonkey McBean turned Obama white right after he cinched the nomination, would Obama have gotten more votes, less votes, or the same amount votes in the general election?
You are giving far too much credence to the notion that whites everywhere were too racist to vote for Obama. In fact, Obama was pulling in white votes all over the place, as Dems picked up 3 million more white votes in 2008 than in 2004.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:24 PM 05-21-2020
Only hurts him with the rednecks driving the big flag trucks, and their women, especially the ones that are rolling coal. My favorite Trumpers
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up