ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>trump's inaction on COVID-19 cost lives
RodeoPants2 01:30 PM 05-21-2020
trump was busy licking his dick and whining about how unfair it all was, and pretending this was just the flu.

If only he'd taken more decisive action.

Donald Trumpís inaction cost lives. https://t.co/Pdeb7HVCj3

— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
Merde Furieux 07:10 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by dailyKOZmo20002:
Being in charge doesn't make a difference? ok
There's simply nothing you guys won't excuse Trump from. His words, actions, nothing. The most powerful position in the world--and he's responsible for nothing, ever.
NY ignored the Javitz Center and the Navy floating hospital in order to send the most sick back among those most vulnerable and susceptible to this killer plague.

How can such sheer and utter stupidity be explained?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 07:41 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
:-) :-) - Caps Lock KILLS!!!

Emotionally unstable people filled with resentment. . . Give them this, they're persistent
Babble lee defends an idiot who spams caps lock ever time he is triggered? Yup, sounds like something an incel would do.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:46 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
^doesnt care almost 100k Americans have died in the last 2 and half months.
Sure thing pimp.
Now tell me about all the other deaths from other diseases and causes. You know, the ones you don't really care about, either.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 07:49 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Sure thing pimp.
Now tell me about all the other deaths from other diseases and causes. You know, the ones you don't really care about, either.
Those other diseases currently killing 1,500 americans a day?
[Reply]
2bikemike 08:07 AM 05-22-2020
While I am certain Trump made mistakes during this crisis, Said some incredibly stupid things which he does regardless of the situation. One thing he absolutely did correctly is he deferred to the States to intiate lockdowns. He also deferred to the States to re-open as they see fit. Even though he claimed he had the authority. (he does not)

So if blame is to be levied against leaders for not locking down it is the Governors who should be receiving the lions share of blame.

Coumo is being touted as some sort of rock star in his handling of the pandemic when he should be receiving the lions share of the blame for the number of deaths, over a 25% US deaths! He drug his feet and also claimed there was nothing to worry about.

While I can't stand Newsome he was one of the first to intiate lockdowns the State of California has less than 4%

My last point will be that regardless of who was president at the time I am pretty certain the results would have been about the same. Presidents get way to much credit and blame for things that happen during their tenure.
[Reply]
Donger 08:22 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
But Trump.

Ignore that Birx and Fauci have said that Trump did everything they asked at the start of all this.

Orange Man Bad.
Well, I think that information needs to be ascertained before blaming Trump for excess deaths.
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 08:47 AM 05-22-2020
He listened to these criminals

[Reply]
RodeoPants2 09:15 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Was our choice 100k vs zero or was it 100k vs 2mil? What is the cost of shutting the economy down for a couple of months?
15 cases, gonna be zero pretty soon
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 09:20 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I listened to a report on this today. Even the author of the study admitted that it's unlikely that our society would have had the will to truly execute social distancing measures that early, regardless of who was in charge. As he said, "Americans have had it pretty good since WW2." Meaning that we can't really see ourselves as vulnerable to this kind of stuff until it actually happens.

I certain think Trump took a ton of missteps, but I doubt that any other leader would have been willing to shut down the economy and start social distancing measure much earlier than Trump did. People wouldn't have stood for it because the threat seemed so removed.
I think there's a lot of validity to this point, I think it explains a lot of why boomers as a generation are generally entitled and weak. Obviously no other leader could have prevented this entirely, they didn't even do that in Germany and Korea, but certainly things would have been better if the president hadn't spent a month pretending this didn't exist.

If he'd been a leader, started taking this seriously and making sure we had enough stockpile in Jan when he first heard about it, stood up in front of the country early on to say OK here's this disease it's super virulent and dangerous and we need to act, we'd be in a better place. No one was going to react perfectly, and no one did, but trump was (and is) a dumpster fire.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:32 AM 05-22-2020
Those other diseases currently killing 1,500 americans a day?
Look it up dipshit.

Hell more innocent children are aborted each day.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:07 AM 05-22-2020
^ignores getting owned on his 100k death is good talking point

Is now wanting americans to get upset at Democrats actually want to help americans rather than the 6 plus trillion and counting in direct cash large corporations have gotten from the trump administration.

You didnt see patty asking these questions when Trump administration announced unlimited QE. But, want to help regular americans... well cant have that.
I didn’t realize I’d been owned. I do realize that you continue to avoid recognizing the costs of the lockdowns.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 10:07 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Look it up dipshit.

Hell more innocent children are aborted each day.
Cancer and heart disease *each* kill more people than that every day.

Approximately 7500 die every day in the United States.

COVID-19 is the only cause of death for which there is a daily counter that everyone has glued themselves to.

I'm betting that before this, the average person had no idea that the flu kills 55k.
[Reply]
2bikemike 10:08 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
I think there's a lot of validity to this point, I think it explains a lot of why boomers as a generation are generally entitled and weak. Obviously no other leader could have prevented this entirely, they didn't even do that in Germany and Korea, but certainly things would have been better if the president hadn't spent a month pretending this didn't exist.

If he'd been a leader, started taking this seriously and making sure we had enough stockpile in Jan when he first heard about it, stood up in front of the country early on to say OK here's this disease it's super virulent and dangerous and we need to act, we'd be in a better place. No one was going to react perfectly, and no one did, but trump was (and is) a dumpster fire.
They may have been slightly better off with supplies but there still would have been a shortage. When the majority of your stuff comes from China the origination of this disease you are handicapping yourself.

The time for prepping for a pandemic is not when its stepping through the door way. These steps should have been in place long before it ever even knocks on your door. And there is plenty of blame for that to go around. Cities and States have been gaming this for years and we still came up short.
[Reply]
patteeu 10:11 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
15 cases, gonna be zero pretty soon
What do you think the costs of the shutdown will end up being?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:13 AM 05-22-2020
Gee, I think Trump over-did his response by extending the shutdown which caused other deaths and harmed millions in other ways.

I think a more moderate shutdown using a targeted approach would have been a better balance.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up