ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>trump's inaction on COVID-19 cost lives
RodeoPants2 01:30 PM 05-21-2020
trump was busy licking his dick and whining about how unfair it all was, and pretending this was just the flu.

If only he'd taken more decisive action.

Donald Trumpís inaction cost lives. https://t.co/Pdeb7HVCj3

— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) May 21, 2020

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:00 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
Dis timez itz for realz!!!!

SHOEZZZZZ!!!!!

Given the naked feet in that shot, I wish I were a photoshop guy. "The Boy Who Cried Shoes" would be perfect.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:01 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I listened to a report on this today. Even the author of the study admitted that it's unlikely that our society would have had the will to truly execute social distancing measures that early, regardless of who was in charge. As he said, "Americans have had it pretty good since WW2." Meaning that we can't really see ourselves as vulnerable to this kind of stuff until it actually happens.

I certain think Trump took a ton of missteps, but I doubt that any other leader would have been willing to shut down the economy and start social distancing measure much earlier than Trump did. People wouldn't have stood for it because the threat seemed so removed.
And, in fact, they didnít. Trump wasnít the one who shut things down. The governors did that. To the extent it was done late, Trump is the wrong guy to blame.

But I agree with your conclusion. You canít blame any of these guys for trying to navigate through a novel experience and getting some things wrong.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:05 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
And..................

The Dems were finger banging their asses with impeachment while COVID-19 ran wild.
The Dems aren't in charge and not really a good argument when Trump was golfing and doing campaign rallies "while COVID-19 ran wild."
[Reply]
vailpass 03:10 PM 05-21-2020
Imagine reaching a point in your life so low that you quote both Joe Biden's handlers and the NY Times as credible sources. Reeedeopants, you poor eunuch.
[Reply]
ChiTown 03:16 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
The Dems aren't in charge and not really a good argument when Trump was golfing and doing campaign rallies "while COVID-19 ran wild."
Yeah, the Dems aren't in charge (like that makes a difference), but they were equally whistling while Rome was burning.

Also, this isn't my argument, it's the OP's. I'm just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:16 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Imagine reaching a point in your life so low that you quote both Joe Biden's handlers and the NY Times as credible sources. Reeedeopants, you poor eunuch.
^thinks Trump is trustworthy
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:18 PM 05-21-2020
Fuck you, slut
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:19 PM 05-21-2020
Yeah, the Dems aren't in charge (like that makes a difference), but they were equally whistling while Rome was burning.

Also, this isn't my argument, it's the OP's. I'm just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy.
Being in charge doesn't make a difference? ok
There's simply nothing you guys won't excuse Trump from. His words, actions, nothing. The most powerful position in the world--and he's responsible for nothing, ever.
[Reply]
Bump 03:22 PM 05-21-2020
Being in charge doesn't make a difference? ok
There's simply nothing you guys won't excuse Trump from. His words, actions, nothing. The most powerful position in the world--and he's responsible for nothing, ever.
that's what happens when there is a media coup and another coup attempt to go with it against a duly elected president. Libshits and their media shall never be believed or listened to ever again.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:26 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Bump:
that's what happens when there is a media coup and another coup attempt to go with it against a duly elected president. Libshits and their media shall never be believed or listened to ever again.
Nutjob nonsense that has nothing to do with Trumpers refusing to hold him responsible for anything he does/doesn't do/says.
[Reply]
2bikemike 03:26 PM 05-21-2020
I wish that sawed off **** would have caught the China flu during her Chinatown chest-bumping tour. :-)

Is that Nancy's Asian look? She kinda looks Asian there. Is she trying to connect with her peeps?
[Reply]
2bikemike 03:28 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
And, in fact, they didnít. Trump wasnít the one who shut things down. The governors did that. To the extent it was done late, Trump is the wrong guy to blame.

But I agree with your conclusion. You canít blame any of these guys for trying to navigate through a novel experience and getting some things wrong.
Thread^
[Reply]
Bump 03:29 PM 05-21-2020
Nutjob nonsense that has nothing to do with Trumpers refusing to hold him responsible for anything he does/doesn't do/says.
^mommy never told him the story of a boy who cried wolf

And lol @ nutjob nonsense. You have be a nutjob to believe what I said is false.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:33 PM 05-21-2020
^thinks Trump is trustworthy
^
Makes things up.
[Reply]
2bikemike 03:35 PM 05-21-2020
https://ny.eater.com/2020/4/8/212135...-cuomo-nytimes

Originally Posted by :
COVID-19ís deadly toll on New York City could have been significantly lessened if city and state leaders had listened to health officials and enforced a citywide shutdown sooner ó including the closure of schools, bars, and restaurants, a New York Times investigation has revealed.

As early as March 12, NYCís health commissioner Dr. Oxiris Barbot predicted in a closed-door meeting that up to 70 percent of the cityís population could eventually get infected, according to the Times. Another expert, Dr. Thomas R. Frieden, the former commissioner of the cityís health department and the former head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, told the Times that the death toll may have been reduced between 50 to 80 percent if the city had put strict social distancing measures in place even just a week or two earlier.

Mayor Bill de Blasio and Gov. Andrew Cuomo have both pushed back on these claims, telling the Times that facts about the virus and its spread are ever-evolving. Since the beginning of the outbreak in New York, theyíve said that theyíre making real-time decisions as they learned more about the dramatic increase of confirmed cases.

But the Times investigation revealed that de Blasio and Cuomo initially expressed confidence about quickly containing the virus in New York, even as it was spreading at alarming rate.

Discussions around the decision to close NYCís schools and restaurants were among the most contentious issues. On March 11, the mayor publicly encouraged New Yorkers who felt healthy to go out to eat, although officials elsewhere in the country had already started saying that social distancing was critical to mitigating the spread.

Then, as early as the following day March 12, conversations started around the idea of shutting down restaurants and bars to dine-in customers, according to the Times investigation. At the meeting, Dr. Barbot reportedly raised concerns about the spread of the virus, but De Blasio was worried about the impact a shutdown would have on workers and restaurateurs. Later that same day, the state mandated that venues, including restaurants and bars, limit their capacity to 50 percent.

The tipping point for further business shutdowns, the Times reports, was the closing of the cityís schools.

Health Department officials warned De Blasio on March 15 about an escalation of cases if stricter measures werenít put in place. After the mayorís initial reluctance to close schools ó he was concerned it would impact low-income New Yorkers the most ó he relented that day and informed New Yorkers of the shutdown that evening at a press conference. The full shutdown on dining-in was also announced that night but didnít go into effect until 8 p.m. on March 16.

The schools shutdown reportedly also pushed de Blasio toward calling for the stay-at-home orders, according to the Times. But that order only went into effect on March 22; Cuomo was reticent to make the call, with concerns about spreading fear and panic, the Times investigation reveals.

Since COVID-19 cases started popping up locally, NYCís hospital system has been stretched to the limits and beyond, with makeshift hospitals cropping up at the Javits Center, Central Park, and an 1,000-bed ship thatís docked on the west side of Manhattan. As of Wednesday morning, more than 3,600 people had died from the virus in the city and nearly 20,000 people hospitalized. Itís disproportionately impacted service workers, including those working in food, and New Yorkers in lower-income brackets.

While cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles issued stay-at-home orders March 16 and March 19 respectively, NYCís version of similar guidance didnít go into effect until March 22. Death tolls in the Bay Area and LA remain under 300 combined, due to both lower population densities and earlier measures.

In California ó the first state to mandate the stay-at-home order on March 19 óthe overall deaths were at 374 on Tuesday, with a state population of nearly 40 million. New York has had nearly 5,500 deaths, with a state population of close to 20 million.
But Trump!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up