ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Apparently, there are some in Michigan who ain't gonna take this...
InChiefsHeaven 12:59 PM 04-15-2020
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dri...kdown-measures

Hundreds of cars, trucks and SUVs descended on Michigan’s state capital Wednesday afternoon as part of a noisy protest against Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s social-distancing restrictions that critics say have gone too far.

Dubbed “Operation Gridlock” and organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition, the protest did just that – creating bumper-to-bumper traffic throughout downtown Lansing as demonstrators blasted their horns, waved Americans flags and hoisted placards deriding Whitmer’s orders and demanding that she reopen the state’s economy.

The lockdown measures are meant to curb the spread of the coronavirus outbreak, but Whitmer has gone further than some other governors -- and the backlash in Michigan is among the most heated in the country.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:05 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
LOL. I predicted this response with 99% accuracy.
Forgive him, he's a slave to his service provider.

makes him grumpy.
[Reply]
eDave 05:06 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Because you worship govt. The people need to stop obeying govt.
What do you propose instead?
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 05:07 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
Because you worship govt. The people need to stop obeying govt.
I get your point, but we need balance to maintain equilibrium. I don't agree with a bunch of laws, but I am not going to support anarchy either. I love me neighbor, but I alos don't want him painting his house Pink.
[Reply]
banyon 05:07 PM 04-15-2020

The Michigan protests in a nut-shell. pic.twitter.com/pGLqYJPHYQ

— Alexander McKinley, NFE, QBE �������������� (@Ajohms1956) April 15, 2020

[Reply]
eDave 05:09 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Forgive him, he's a slave to his service provider.

makes him grumpy.
My math is way off. I predicted 3/4 of his statements. So, 75%.

Me not being a critical thinker is the conspiracy I didn't expect.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:11 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
again, it's in the link and hopefully it clears up why they are in their cars:
“Quarantine is when you restrict movement of sick people. Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.”

"We don’t need a nanny state to tell people how to be careful.”

I love those two lines.

But geez, banyon had to waste your time by asking?
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:13 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
I get your point, but we need balance to maintain equilibrium. I don't agree with a bunch of laws, but I am not going to support anarchy either. I love me neighbor, but I alos don't want him painting his house Pink.
Why? It's his house. You want laws for something like that?

Don't ever live in Bermuda. Lots of pink houses there. They're rather nice ya' know.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 05:18 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Why is this hard for you to understand- if you want to run a business in this country- you have to have a business license.

If you want to run a Restaurant- you have to have Health Permits.

Being afraid or a slave has nothing to do with anything- just bullshit you pulled out of nowhere.
I never had one when I was in Boston and had staff, and never had one in Florida. I did pay sales tax in Boston which I collected, but what I do is not taxable here.
[Reply]
banyon 05:19 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
“Quarantine is when you restrict movement of sick people. Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.”

"We don’t need a nanny state to tell people how to be careful.”

I love those two lines.

But geez, banyon had to waste your time by asking?
Those lines would be great except for this:

Originally Posted by :
People with coronavirus infections may be most contagious one to two days before they start to feel ill, new research suggests.

What’s more, considering pairs of people in which one person definitely caught the coronavirus from the other, scientists estimate that about 44 percent of COVID-19 cases may spread from person to person before symptoms appear. The results indicate that efforts to track down contacts of people with COVID-19 should include people encountered several days before a person’s symptoms appear, researchers suggest April 15 in Nature Medicine.
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...ymptoms-appear

That’s the whole reason this virus is so difficult to contain. You can’t presume people who otherwise appear healthy aren’t spreading it.

So the proposed model of letting healthy people roam freely and quarantine only the sick is like saying I’m going to swim in the ocean but stay away from the salt.
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:21 PM 04-15-2020
He must be busy typing up a lengthy, highly detailed response.

I'll wait.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:24 PM 04-15-2020
He proposes anarchy. He's a chaos is good tin foil hat nut.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 05:28 PM 04-15-2020

BREAKING: Four Michigan sheriffs refuse to enforce Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's stay-at-home order.

Read more: @dcexaminer https://t.co/v7B8C1B6dD

— Spencer Neale (@Spencer_Neale) April 15, 2020

Four Northern Michigan sheriffs said they will not have strict enforcement of the Gov. Whitmer's orders and will instead “deal with every case as an individual situation and apply common sense in assessing the apparent violation.”https://t.co/jP0mRQ8E8m via @manisteenews

— Joshua Mercer (@joshuamercer) April 15, 2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:38 PM 04-15-2020
And that's why America is great.
[Reply]
redshirt32 05:51 PM 04-15-2020
Shit gota move again, or all will go bat shit crazy.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:52 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:

Dude, her restrictions are ridiculous.

You as a Michigan resident cannot travel to your vacation home in the state but if you not a Michigan resident want to come to your vacation home in the state you can???

You can get in a row boat or sail boat but not a motor boat???

Big Box stores can't sell things like lawn mowers or plant seeds???

I mean some of the stuff she did just makes 0 fucking sense.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 38
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up