ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 38
< 12 345612 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Apparently, there are some in Michigan who ain't gonna take this...
InChiefsHeaven 12:59 PM 04-15-2020
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dri...kdown-measures

Hundreds of cars, trucks and SUVs descended on Michigan’s state capital Wednesday afternoon as part of a noisy protest against Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s social-distancing restrictions that critics say have gone too far.

Dubbed “Operation Gridlock” and organized by the Michigan Conservative Coalition, the protest did just that – creating bumper-to-bumper traffic throughout downtown Lansing as demonstrators blasted their horns, waved Americans flags and hoisted placards deriding Whitmer’s orders and demanding that she reopen the state’s economy.

The lockdown measures are meant to curb the spread of the coronavirus outbreak, but Whitmer has gone further than some other governors -- and the backlash in Michigan is among the most heated in the country.
[Reply]
MGRS13 01:35 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
again, it's in the link and hopefully it clears up why they are in their cars:
I get what you are saying. But it's bullshit. Look the liberal media is responsible for the "lockdown". Come on. What is it you guys love about Trump so much? He doesn't care. He says what he wants. He has ultimate authority and no responsibility. Remember? His words not mine. And I know I will be attacked because I'm talking bad about dear leader but really? If it's all the media and the virus is just the cold or the flu, then why not say everyone back to work no federal guidelines if governers say no. Then he can blame them. I'm asking this legitimately? Are you pissed be won't do this? Would you support him doing this? Should he?
[Reply]
listopencil 01:38 PM 04-15-2020

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:44 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by Otter:
That woman has crazy embedded in her eyes.
Yeah, she looks a little evil...
[Reply]
MGRS13 01:44 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
It is. But it always is. Remember that.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:52 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by MGRS13:
I get what you are saying. But it's bullshit. Look the liberal media is responsible for the "lockdown". Come on. What is it you guys love about Trump so much? He doesn't care. He says what he wants. He has ultimate authority and no responsibility. Remember? His words not mine. And I know I will be attacked because I'm talking bad about dear leader but really? If it's all the media and the virus is just the cold or the flu, then why not say everyone back to work no federal guidelines if governers say no. Then he can blame them. I'm asking this legitimately? Are you pissed be won't do this? Would you support him doing this? Should he?
He should leave it up to the Governors, but it's an election year and he can't afford to look like he doesn't care. At the end of the day, it's a lose\lose for Trump. I'm not a Trump nut hugger, but I think he's done a pretty good job so far, even with this pandemic. But, he's such an asshole and always using hyperbolic speech and seems incapable of being reasonable with the press (I don't blame him for that by the way) that the pressure is building...maybe too much for even the Trumpster to handle.

He needs to take a break from the cameras. But if he does, they'll say he's weak, or can't answer questions or he's hiding or blah blah. If he stays out front, they'll say he's grand standing and argumentative and full of himself or blah blah.

This IS a creation of the press, but Trump sort of asked for it. Well...he got it now...
[Reply]
MGRS13 01:54 PM 04-15-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
He should leave it up to the Governors, but it's an election year and he can't afford to look like he doesn't care. At the end of the day, it's a lose\lose for Trump. I'm not a Trump nut hugger, but I think he's done a pretty good job so far, even with this pandemic. But, he's such an asshole and always using hyperbolic speech and seems incapable of being reasonable with the press (I don't blame him for that by the way) that the pressure is building...maybe too much for even the Trumpster to handle.

He needs to take a break from the cameras. But if he does, they'll say he's weak, or can't answer questions or he's hiding or blah blah. If he stays out front, they'll say he's grand standing and argumentative and full of himself or blah blah.

This IS a creation of the press, but Trump sort of asked for it. Well...he got it now...
Thank you. A real answer. I appreciate it.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:02 PM 04-15-2020
Do you not see this is what he is doing. He understands that we need to get back at it, especially with the information that is continuing to show those under 60 and healthy have similar risk to the annual flu, and even lower at younger ages. He basically baited the media into saying the Governors are in control, after they said 2 weeks earlier that Trump should lock down states and not leave it up to Governors. JMO, but its becoming apparent that keeping states locked down until mid-summer or later is a losing political argument for the left. Citizens aren't going to remain idle no matter their current political affiliation... and you're right, it will be the Governors fault.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 02:06 PM 04-15-2020
Fox cutting away from live shots of the protests whenever a Confederate flag shows up... lol
[Reply]
MGRS13 02:07 PM 04-15-2020
Do you not see this is what he is doing. He understands that we need to get back at it, especially with the information that is continuing to show those under 60 and healthy have similar risk to the annual flu, and even lower at younger ages. He basically baited the media into saying the Governors are in control, after they said 2 weeks earlier that Trump should lock down states and not leave it up to Governors. JMO, but its becoming apparent that keeping states locked down until mid-summer or later is a losing political argument for the left. Citizens aren't going to remain idle no matter their current political affiliation... and you're right, it will be the Governors fault.
Maybe. Sure. But it's not like Trump to dip his toe. Why not say may first, absolute date. Or whatever day he chooses?
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 02:08 PM 04-15-2020
Has nothing to do with left or right. It's a government crime against humanity
[Reply]
CarlosCarson88 02:13 PM 04-15-2020
Protesting is a plea to authority.
Disobedience works better.
Go do what you always do. Open your business and tell govt to back off.
[Reply]
Shields68 02:25 PM 04-15-2020
Maybe. Sure. But it's not like Trump to dip his toe. Why not say may first, absolute date. Or whatever day he chooses?
My understanding is that the White House is seeking input from both businesses and the medical community. I don't think they are planning a fixed date roll out. It might be just certain businesses, certain areas and will most certainly require some guidelines from the medical community to be followed.

So he can not know the date given he is still seeking answers to the above. It may require workers to take a weekly test. He also knows if he gets the large corporations on board and the guidelines seem reasonable the Democratic governors will be forced to go along with them. If Trump just picks a random date and nothing more then few governors will follow.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:28 PM 04-15-2020
Apparently you haven't been paying attention. Trump doesn't just decide to do things. he pretty much always starts out by telling Congress or in this case, the state governors, to do their jobs and come up with their own plan. he gives them a directive, such as "fix the budget, using these parameters," or "come up with a plan for fixing illegal immigration, along these guidelines," and then steps back. He never comes out and announces his big plan for how to fix anything.

Which is exactly how he should be doing it. The POTUS isn't supposed to declare how to handle these things step by step, or give absolute dates. He's supposed to give direction and then the damned Congress or the governors or whoever are supposed to actually design their plans in detail.

God, you have me explaining Trump, and I'm not even a Trump fan. How do you guys keep doing that to me?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 02:32 PM 04-15-2020

these people have no problem with you dying as long as they can buy their lawn fertilizer and get their hair done pic.twitter.com/MJ8mmRwFFd

— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) April 15, 2020

NOT THE HAIR DRESSERS !!!!
[Reply]
oaklandhater 02:33 PM 04-15-2020

Or wait for their loved ones to die

— Munchkin at Law (@munchkinlawyer) April 15, 2020

[Reply]
Page 2 of 38
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up