ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 24
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The geopolitical fight to minimize Hydroxychloroquine
Taco John 02:36 AM 04-09-2020

The #CDC removed several paragraphs of information about #Hydroxychloroquine from its website, including recommended dosing information.

The @CDCgov didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment. https://t.co/OqSVHtCied

— The Epoch Times (@EpochTimes) April 9, 2020

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 09:10 PM 04-10-2020
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
When was the last time Fauci treated anyone for a virus, flu or any other type of corona virus?
when did you last do that? Sun baths, Vitamin D, voodoo?
[Reply]
oaklandhater 07:10 PM 04-11-2020

We hanged Nazis for doing this. https://t.co/9UR24BLVt9

— Cassandra, Irredeemable Pudgy Nobody (@ChrisWarcraft) April 11, 2020

[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:48 PM 04-11-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
What was the outcome Oak? Did it help, did it hurt? Did the relatives have power of attorney? So much not known with this story?
[Reply]
Bowser 07:53 PM 04-11-2020
Ah, a liberal referencing the Nazis. That's when you know they're getting nervous, and in this case they might not see their 2 million dead so they better start calling doctors Nazis if they expect to get shit done they way they want.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:57 PM 04-11-2020
We hanged Nazi's for this? Seriously, do some research before you post this bullshit...

https://www.galvnews.com/news/free/a...30a8fc008.html

Originally Posted by :
The nursing home began using the treatment Saturday, Armstrong said.

Families of residents were not notified before the drugs were administered, but nursing home operators were in the process of notifying them Monday, Armstrong said.

The goal is to keep sicker, elderly patients out of the hospital, Armstrong said.

“I’m a hospitalist and have used it on hospitalized patients before,” he said. “For younger patients, it can have a benefit of helping them as they’re getting sicker.”

Elderly patients, once they are hospitalized, generally don’t recover and tend to do better staying in a familiar setting to be treated, Armstrong said.

Patients’ respiratory rates, temperatures and oxygen saturation levels are being measured regularly, he said. The drug will be administered over a course of five days, and by early next week he should be able to determine whether they are responding, he said.

Asked whether he was required to get permission from the Texas Department of State Health Services to administer hydroxychloroquine to COVID-19 patients, Armstrong said no.

“We just, as a group of health experts, we made the decision it would be safe and for their benefit,” he said. “These are not meds that are odd or unusual.”

“We’re just trying to treat them a little bit early,” he said. “We made the decision that if we can improve their survival, we’ll give it a try.”f

Still, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized the drug for “emergency use” among some COVID-19 patients “for whom a clinical trial is not feasible.”
Damn Nazi Dr.s... AMIRITE?
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 10:10 AM 04-14-2020
We gotta keep this shut down going!

Originally Posted by Eleazar:
More or less the same information has been available from the early stages of this. Other than a few anecdotes of only a handful of patients with mild illness, it has not been shown to be effective. For some people it has contraindications and could cause serious side effects, for people with heart conditions as one example, people who are likely to have proof outcomes from a covid infection.

And contrary to the Q people spreading rumors a vast conspiracy to suppress it, it was given an emergency approval and a huge amount of people have been treated with it, with and without the azith regimen, with no clear benefits or ‘game changes’ emerging.

But most people don’t need to know anything other than what Trump said about it to form their own opinion - as if the opinion of some goober on the internet matters anyway, but almost everyone talking about it decided how they feel about the therapeutic benefits on the basis of ‘Trump is for it so I’m for it’ or ‘Trump is for it so I’m against it’

[Reply]
Marcellus 10:19 AM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
One reason Hydroxychlorquine may be working for some patients is the same reason it is a treatment for Lupus.

Some patients are in trouble not because the virus is killing them, but because their own immune system is killing them in a drastic over reaction to the virus causing deadly inflammation in the lungs.

As we move forward, more and more doctors are coming out questioning the methods being used to treat patients in this pandemic.
I saw an interview with a Dr explaining this yesterday. It makes perfect sense and would explain why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
[Reply]
2bikemike 10:42 AM 04-14-2020
I don't know why I hadn't thought about this, but in the early 80's when deploying overseas we were given "anti Malaria" pills to take. I googled it today and found out we were given Mefloquine.

So I googled Mefloquine and Hydroxychloroquine.
https://www.ncbi.:-).nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1994240/

Originally Posted by :
Conclusions and Implications:
This study shows that quinine and chloroquine competitively inhibit 5-HT3 receptors, while mefloquine inhibits predominantly non-competitively. Both quinine and chloroquine can be docked into a receptor binding site model, consistent with their structural homology to 5-HT3 receptor antagonists.
Don't know what any of that means or has to do with anything. Just thought about it and started googling! I do know that I am not currently sick nor have I been sick with anything in years! :-)
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 12:25 PM 04-14-2020
President Donald Trump on Tuesday met with recovered coronavirus patients at the White House.

State Representative Karen Whitsett of Michigan, who credited President Trump for her treatment with hydroxychloroquine, met with the president as well as other patients from California, Michigan, and Arkansas.

“I was afraid for my life,” Whitsett said, noting that the hospitals surrounding her were full. “I honestly felt like I was going to die.”

She said she was concerned about her life, as she had chronic Lyme disease, before she took hydroxychloroquine and felt better.

Trump said that he wanted Whitsett to visit his personal White House physician to get advice for curing her Lyme disease.

Whitsett said she was not urging others to follow her example but wanted to share her story.

“I’m telling my story and my truth,” she said.

Last week, the president cited her case on Twitter as a symbol of hope for coronavirus patients around the United States.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...xychloroquine/
[Reply]
manchambo 12:32 PM 04-14-2020
That's a massive exaggeration. Giving people a medication with a reasonable expectation of benefit is generally an ethical study. Not getting good consent, or institutional approval, is a problem, but not a Nazi experimentation level problem.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:45 PM 04-14-2020
Nice to see hater continuing his "greater good" crusade against anything that might make this crisis not play out as bad as originally scoped (greater good being "orange man loses election").
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 12:52 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Nice to see hater continuing his "greater good" crusade against anything that might make this crisis not play out as bad as originally scoped (greater good being "orange man loses election").

America is actually doing quite good, but you'd never know based on the media's reaction. I think both sides are starting to finally see how insidious the media is.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:57 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
America is actually doing quite good, but you'd never know based on the media's reaction. I think both sides are starting to finally see how insidious the media is.
Just read the leftist idiots on this very forum, and you'll find you're in for a disappointment.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:01 PM 04-14-2020
I don't understand how an older, stressed out, obese Boris Johnson recovered from the Beer Virus..
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 01:07 PM 04-14-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I don't understand how an older, stressed out, obese Boris Johnson recovered from the Beer Virus..
Fishtank cleaner?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 24
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up