ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 43
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>People Are Worrying That Kanye West Is Getting Radicalized By The Far Right
Taco John 01:25 AM 04-24-2018



Quality read about Kanye's scary conversion to conservatism:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesth...292#.cbwgVgoXo
[Reply]
Detoxing 02:32 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Munson:

:-)

"We are both Dragon Energy"

If you don't know what that is, google it. :-)

Yes, he's a headcase.
[Reply]
seamonster 04:15 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Detoxing has the right of this. Most people would agree that Kanye is musically gifted, but he's a nutcase and far from the most influential black celebrity. He's not even the most influential black musician, honestly.
What? Yeezus, Watch the Throne, Graduation, College Dropout etc. And he mixed Otis in two minutes. As a producer and song writer he operates at a higher level than anyone in the business at this point. And I bet you weren't calling him a "nutcase" two years ago. He was just "arrogant".
[Reply]
NewChief 04:37 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by seamonster:
What? Yeezus, Watch the Throne, Graduation, College Dropout etc. And he mixed Otis in two minutes. As a producer and song writer he operates at a higher level than anyone in the business at this point. And I bet you weren't calling him a "nutcase" two years ago. He was just "arrogant".
Kanye has been having well documented mental and substance abuse issues for a while. I’m a fan of his work, but I don’t really give a shit if he and the Don are spooning at night. Doesn’t really have any bearing on his music. I do think it’s funny that the guy who gave us Bush doesn’t like black people and was universally decried as a TPOS by right America is now a respected artist and most influential African American musician of modern times. :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:40 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Kanye has been having well documented mental and substance abuse issues for a while. I’m a fan of his work, but I don’t really give a shit if he and the Don are spooning at night. Doesn’t really have any bearing on his music. I do think it’s funny that the guy who gave us Bush doesn’t like black people and was universally decried as a TPOS by right America is now a respected artist and most influential African American musician of modern times. :-)
vice versa? :-)

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Are you trying to argue that no one took Kanye's pronouncement seriously in the evaluation of the Bush administration post-Katrina?

FTR - I'm on board with the whole 'Kanye's a knucklehead to says off-the-cuff outlandish shit a lot' bandwagon as well.

But that's different than saying no one ever listens to him, or that no one puts credence into celebrity opinion.

[So FTR, I also got a library card as a kid after Fonzie said the library was cool :-)]

This is smelling a lot like Laura Ingraham's 'shut up and dribble' remark at Lebron a month or so ago, where people were aghast that she would be so dismissive of 'well-reasoned activist voices.'

[Reply]
NewChief 04:43 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
vice versa? :-)
I actually donít know too many fans of Kanye of the last few releases. I havenít seen a whole lot of people, liberal or otherwise, really holding him up as much more than eccentric who seems to have burnt out and broken down but who people hope will regain his artistic stance.
[Reply]
Taco John 04:47 PM 04-25-2018
Does Detoxing ever get sick of being wrong? I don't think so. He likes to argue it anyway.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:49 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I actually donít know too many fans of Kanye of the last few releases. I havenít seen a whole lot of people, liberal or otherwise, really holding him up as much more than eccentric who seems to have burnt out and broken down but who people hope will regain his artistic stance.
Not talking about today.

That's OK. I get it, introspection can be painful.
[Reply]
seamonster 04:50 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Kanye has been having well documented mental and substance abuse issues for a while. I’m a fan of his work, but I don’t really give a shit if he and the Don are spooning at night. Doesn’t really have any bearing on his music. I do think it’s funny that the guy who gave us Bush doesn’t like black people and was universally decried as a TPOS by right America is now a respected artist and most influential African American musician of modern times. :-)
Really? He'd gone through a dark place after his mom died but he's a gamer\old man dad at this point. He's not on the Doja Sweet 24 hours a day or pummeling the cough syrup. And I doubt most GOP Republicans would ever like Kanye, or know his music. And I've yet to see any riding his balls or extolling the virtues of his music.

There is an endless supply of hate coming from the liberals though. So far he's drug crazed,a moron, nutjob, a nobody and he has no talent. And that's just in this thread.
[Reply]
NewChief 04:54 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not talking about today.

That's OK. I get it, introspection can be painful.
Wow snarkasaurus. I honestly am not following your "vice versa" comment I guess. My point is that Kanye's star has been in decline for a while. Universally (at least in the music blogosphere) he's been regarded as growing more and more eccentric, though many have hoped that his new album will be a return to form. Regardless, most people (liberal and conservative) have considered him wacky for a while (I'm loosely sampling the indie music blogosphere, which is predominantly liberal, but which I read pretty religiously). This comes out and the reaction there is pretty much, "Kanye gonna Kanye." Meanwhile, people who, up until this Trump love, considered Kanye as the absolute lowest form of Kardashian marrying, white hating, rap promoting piece of filth are now thinking of him as a great artist.

One "movement" in viewpoint is pretty dramatically different (and more humorous) than the other. Sorry if that's not what you meant by "vice versa."
[Reply]
NewChief 04:56 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Really? He'd gone through a dark place after his mom died but he's a gamer\old man dad at this point. He's not on the Doja Sweet 24 hours a day or pummeling the cough syrup. And I doubt most GOP Republicans would ever like Kanye, or know his music. And I've yet to see any riding his balls or extolling the virtues of his music.

There is an endless supply of hate coming from the liberals though. So far he's drug crazed,a moron, nutjob, a nobody and he has no talent. And that's just in this thread.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ngeles-w451900

This was pretty well known to have been a result of all night coke binges. I'm glad you're a Kanye expert, though.
[Reply]
NewChief 04:59 PM 04-25-2018
And just to show that speculation on his mental health goes back longer than this Trump issue:

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a1...mental-health/
[Reply]
NewChief 05:06 PM 04-25-2018
A few more, pre MAGA Kanye mentall illness hits:

https://www.joe.ie/life-style/opinio...-issues-602393
https://uproxx.com/hiphop/professor-...ental-illness/
https://guce.oath.com/collectConsent...xperiment=null
https://blavity.com/mental-health-ka...ulnerabilities
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnpOdHQcSXg
https://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/04...lness-lecture/

I could literally keep posting article after article from 2017 and before about speculations on his mental health issues. That being said, it's also kind of shitty of people to equate support of Trump with mental illness... but hey. If the shoe fits (I keed... I keed).
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:13 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Wow snarkasaurus. I honestly am not following your "vice versa" comment I guess. My point is that Kanye's star has been in decline for a while. Universally (at least in the music blogosphere) he's been regarded as growing more and more eccentric, though many have hoped that his new album will be a return to form. Regardless, most people (liberal and conservative) have considered him wacky for a while (I'm loosely sampling the indie music blogosphere, which is predominantly liberal, but which I read pretty religiously). This comes out and the reaction there is pretty much, "Kanye gonna Kanye." Meanwhile, people who, up until this Trump love, considered Kanye as the absolute lowest form of Kardashian marrying, white hating, rap promoting piece of filth are now thinking of him as a great artist.

One "movement" in viewpoint is pretty dramatically different (and more humorous) than the other. Sorry if that's not what you meant by "vice versa."
Jesus, OF COURSE IT IS, when you look at the two movements in viewpoint under hypocritically different lenses.

That's entirely the point. You overstate the 'conservative' opposition to Kanye, and you understate the 'liberal' opposition, so of course one form of opposition looks more reasonable to you.

Though plenty of people, right, left and center, have noted his detractions, the Kardashian thing, the egomania, the off-the-cuff bombast, I reject that there was a sizeable contingent of the right to outright hated him in the past and in turn unreservedly love him now.

More like they rolled their eyes and ignored him in the past, and they found his latest statements refreshing.

OTOH, whether they've concentrated much on his idiosnycricies or just his music and fashion, the left has been on his side up until the moment he broke with orthodoxy. And the backlash has been much more severe and passionate than conservative detractors ever were.

I've long thought he was a knucklehead, and I've long liked his music anyway. I've never had any use for the Kardashians, but I don't wish them or theirs ill. I have a pedigree to that effect.

Is it so hard to admit that the past week has caused a pretty sharp change across the spectrum in the assessment of him? Or is it truly to your mind just more evidence of dumb conservatives being dumb and informed liberals being rational?
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:14 PM 04-25-2018
Might I remind everybody. Genius in one area doesn't automatically confer competence in another.
[Reply]
Detoxing 05:18 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Taco John:
Does Detoxing ever get sick of being wrong? I don't think so. He likes to argue it anyway.
I'm never wrong. Don't know what you're talking about Mr. "20% chance Trump strikes Syria". :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 43
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up