ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 43
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>People Are Worrying That Kanye West Is Getting Radicalized By The Far Right
Taco John 01:25 AM 04-24-2018

Quality read about Kanye's scary conversion to conservatism:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesth...292#.cbwgVgoXo
[Reply]
Taco John 11:19 PM 04-24-2018

.@RealCandaceO: The left wants to strap black people to this idea that they are victims – they want black people to focus on their past rather than their future pic.twitter.com/IWW0NyF0hU

— FOX & friends (@foxandfriends) April 22, 2018

[Reply]
Taco John 11:20 PM 04-24-2018

Kanye West tweets 7 words and leftists rush to smear me as far-right & anti-LGBT. So what terrified them?
The truth did. The left is losing control of their blacks. Ready to be awakened? Watch the truth about my journey off the plantation w/ @RubinReport. https://t.co/YviWe4PQk0 pic.twitter.com/GcN35gBoIa

— Candace Owens (@RealCandaceO) April 21, 2018

[Reply]
Rausch 11:31 PM 04-24-2018
Originally Posted by Taco John:
I don't even care about Kanye. I care about black conservatives, many who I follow and interact with on Twitter.
In that case listen to some good one's.

This last guy I'm not sure about Liberal/Conservative but he's definitely anti SJW. (VERY NSFW.) He's mostly Comix/Gamer/Nerd related.

[Reply]
Taco John 02:33 AM 04-25-2018
I've watched this guy grow up over the last four years. He's brilliant...

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:02 AM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Taco John:
The biggest black cross-influential celebrity in modern culture is telling his audience they should be paying attention to black conservatives and reject leftist ideas.

Detox responds with "so what, nobody listens to Kanye."

That's brilliant, man. You are a genius.
Reeeeeaching.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:03 AM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Reeeeeaching.
Why?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:39 AM 04-25-2018
Reeeeeaching.
Not questioning your assessment, but I'd be curious who you think has the widest cross-cultural appeal in present day.

Actually, it might be more interesting to gauge how cross-cultural single figures can be in present day.

In a world where everyone's dirty laundry eventually comes out, and people are increasingly treating acceptance as a on-off switch you can trip permanently with the wrong word or action, can anyone really have universal appeal?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:42 AM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Not questioning your assessment, but I'd be curious who you think has the widest cross-cultural appeal in present day.

Actually, it might be more interesting to gauge how cross-cultural single figures can be in present day.

In a world where everyone's dirty laundry eventually comes out, and people are increasingly treating acceptance as a on-off switch you can trip permanently with the wrong word or action, can anyone really have universal appeal?
Oprah comes to mind
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:28 PM 04-25-2018

Black people specifically: Oprah is a great one. Barack Obama. Will Smith. Lebron James, Michael Jordan and Drake all have a lot of cross-cultural appeal.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:35 PM 04-25-2018
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Why?
Detoxing has the right of this. Most people would agree that Kanye is musically gifted, but he's a nutcase and far from the most influential black celebrity. He's not even the most influential black musician, honestly.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:36 PM 04-25-2018
Black people specifically: Oprah is a great one. Barack Obama. Will Smith. Lebron James, Michael Jordan and Drake all have a lot of cross-cultural appeal.
Not sure Will is any more or less nutty and Kanye.

Jordan and Drake are respected, in their spheres. Outside basketball, most know Jordan as greedy, ego-driven, womanizing, and as a gambling addict.

Obama and Oprah have their own political baggage, although Oprah actively tries to distance herself from it. But that draws detractors from both sides. Those who applaud her positions, denounce her lack of activism, and those who denounce her positions aren't convinced she's all the way out of the game.

Not saying these choices aren't the top of the heap, relatively. Just that it highlights my point that everyone gets a little mud on them nowadays.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 01:32 PM 04-25-2018
Sinbad
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:01 PM 04-25-2018
On the plus side, this conversation has introduced a new term to me.

Baizuo. I like it.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:05 PM 04-25-2018
On the plus side, this conversation has introduced a new term to me.

Baizuo. I like it.
Oh hell yes. Lots of baizuo's around here these days. :-)
[Reply]
Munson 02:21 PM 04-25-2018

Thank you Kanye, very cool! https://t.co/vRIC87M21X

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 25, 2018

[Reply]
Page 5 of 43
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up