ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 129 of 211
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 07:56 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Well, the only regulars that are actually healthy right now are Schwarber, Castellanos, and Heyward. So it's not like he would be sticking it to the Brewers by not playing Rizzo or Bryant with sprained ankles, Baez with a fractured thumb, Contreras still nursing a hamstring, though I suspect Contreras will probably play at least 1 game. The rest of the team aren't regulars.

The Cubs lost the last 2 against the Reds before getting swept by the Cardinals and now are about to get swept by the Pirates for their 9th straight loss, so if the Brewers some how pass you up for the division you fucking deserve to be in the WC.
Can't argue with that. If Milwaukee wins the division, they will have damned sure earned it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:03 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Can't argue with that. If Milwaukee wins the division, they will have damned sure earned it.
Both are true, if we cant take care of business at home this weekend we deserve where we end up and holy mother of God the Brewers are tough in September the last 2 years.

35-7 so far the last 2 years I think and still have 3 games to go. That has to be some kind of record by a huge margin. They would be like 16 games over just this month if they win out?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:19 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Well, the only regulars that are actually healthy right now are Schwarber, Castellanos, and Heyward. So it's not like he would be sticking it to the Brewers by not playing Rizzo or Bryant with sprained ankles, Baez with a fractured thumb, Contreras still nursing a hamstring, though I suspect Contreras will probably play at least 1 game. The rest of the team aren't regulars.

The Cubs lost the last 2 against the Reds before getting swept by the Cardinals and now are about to get swept by the Pirates for their 9th straight loss, so if the Brewers some how pass you up for the division you ****ing deserve to be in the WC.
I agree. The Brewers will have earned it for sure but we will also have blown it. Both can be true.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:26 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I agree. The Brewers will have earned it for sure but we will also have blown it. Both can be true.
They took two of three the last time we played, and the run they're on (albeit against shit opponents) cannot be denied.

Had we taken care of business a couple of weeks ago, this shit is all academic.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:16 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
They took two of three the last time we played, and the run they're on (albeit against shit opponents) cannot be denied.

Had we taken care of business a couple of weeks ago, this shit is all academic.
doesnt “feel” like the odds are that slanted in our favor.

Brace yourselves.
It is September 26th.
Here are the #STLCards division odds.

[Baseball Reference]
Division: 84.5%

[FanGraphs]
Division: 81.4%

[fivethirtyeight]
Division: 85%

— Tara Wellman (@tarawellman) September 26, 2019

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:10 AM 09-27-2019
That's because it's a Modiocre team having another Shildtty September
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:44 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Mo wasn't going anywhere even if they didn't make this run. He makes too much money for Dewitt. I'm not in favor of tanking for the two seasons it would take to for Dewitt to fire him. At least, he looks like right now anyway, he made the right choice for manager.

I hate Schildt's happy talk to the media, everything is posiitive. But, that is not about his performance as a manger on the field. I'm on the Schilt bandwagon.

You forget the last couple of years of Matheny baseball? Embarrassing defense, base running? Looked like they didn't even care?

I don't understand why you hate him? He didn't give all those bad contracts to aging players. He has to work with what he is given. So what did he do with what he has given that the manager can somewhat control in MLB?

Schildt turned around the horrible team base running(no one can fix Carp and Martinez bad base running). Stealing bases in this era. Strong defense.They play like they care. Bullpen management. I think he makes the right decision to pull or stay with the pithcher 95% of the time. Look at the guys in the dugout. He obviously has the locker room.

STL has been known for decades now for not beating themselves, strong starting pitching, base running, defense and clawing ad scratching for wins, never giving up on a game. Well we are here again. He's in the national discussion for manager of the year for crissakes. Whats your beef here?
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:23 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Mo wasn't going anywhere even if they didn't make this run. He makes too much money for Dewitt. I'm not in favor of tanking for the two seasons it would take to for Dewitt to fire him. At least, he looks like right now anyway, he made the right choice for manager.

I hate Schildt's happy talk to the media, everything is posiitive. But, that is not about his performance as a manger on the field. I'm on the Schilt bandwagon.

You forget the last couple of years of Matheny baseball? Embarrassing defense, base running? Looked like they didn't even care?

I don't understand why you hate him? He didn't give all those bad contracts to aging players. He has to work with what he is given. So what did he do with what he has given that the manager can somewhat control in MLB?

Schildt turned around the horrible team base running(no one can fix Carp and Martinez bad base running). Stealing bases in this era. Strong defense.They play like they care. Bullpen management. I think he makes the right decision to pull or stay with the pithcher 95% of the time. Look at the guys in the dugout. He obviously has the locker room.

STL has been known for decades now for not beating themselves, strong starting pitching, base running, defense and clawing ad scratching for wins, never giving up on a game. Well we are here again. He's in the national discussion for manager of the year for crissakes. Whats your beef here?
PGM isn't happy unless he is bleeding out, some people are just miserable fucks. He is one of them.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:06 AM 09-27-2019
He’s right, FG war says 13 pitching 14 offense or 83 wins, which would be 80 in the big boys league....and that many only since you’d feast on the plankton like us and Detroit and Baltimore.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
He’s right, FG war says 13 pitching 14 offense or 83 wins, which would be 80 in the big boys league....and that many only since you’d feast on the plankton like us and Detroit and Baltimore.
Which is why I give Shildt a TON of credit for getting this team to where it's been.

Like I said - anybody that can manage to cobble together one of the best BP performances in the league despite having Trevor Miller and Tyler Webb as his primary lefties is a friggen miracle worker, especially after losing his closer mid-stream and watching his most trusted early/mid-season reliever (Gant) start to stumble late.

He really does seem to have a damn nice touch with the 'pen and it's made a huge difference.

PGM remains an idiot in that he will acknowledge that the team talent level is mediocre but simultaneously try to argue that Shildt is a bad manager. Can't have both, sport. A mediocre team with a bad manager doesn't win 90+.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:25 AM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
:-) Yup yup yup
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:26 AM 09-27-2019
:-) Yup yup yup
I love that you're right there ready to stand behind anyone that supports you but when anyone points out your idiocy you just scurry away and dodge the point entirely.

Care to back up your vaginal bleeding with ANY kind of substance w/r/t Shildt?

I suspect you won't have anything to offer.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:28 AM 09-27-2019
Eight days ago if you told everyone that the Cardinals would go 5-2 against the Cubs and D'Backs everyone would have taken it. The last two games sucked, but Milwaukee playing out of their ass is beyond the Cardinals' control.

If you want to bitch, blame Gant and Fernandez for the 9th inning implosion against Milwaukee. If they had closed that game out, the Cardinals are up three with three to go.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:30 AM 09-27-2019
All this is doing is another year of Shit and Mo keeping their jobs...
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Shildt is very possibly the best manager in the NL.

Your hand-wringing over this guy has been asinine from the start. He's truly stellar.

Now as for Mozeliak - yes, I'd rather see us miss the playoffs than retain Mozeliak. He's garbage.
Lulz
From one of the 4 worst teams in baseball in utilizing the shift over Matheny's time in STL (a total of 6 runs saved via the shift over his entire tenure) to the absolute best since (28 since he took over last year).

From the 4th worst baserunning team in baseball over the Matheny's tenure to the absolute best since (a staggering -36 base runs lost under Matheny vs. 18 created since Shildt took over).

The 2019 Cardinals have the 2nd best bullpen ERA in baseball despite losing Hicks and feeling all season for ANY lefthanded reliever that doesn't suck dicks. This is after the bullpen ERA improved a quarter of a run after he took over last year despite the same crew.

This is a team who's collective win shares should yield a 67-64 team when it's actual record is 73-58; they're 15 games above .500 when their true talent says they should be three games over. Six games in the standings that you're hand-waiving.

There is NO objective criteria whereby you can say that the areas that a manager has the most impact over aren't at/near an elite level for the Cardinals.

Let's hear your argument to the contrary. Or are you just gonna type "LoL" again like the mouth-breathing half-wit you've exposed yourself as on this thread hundreds of times in the past?
Here - I'm sure you just missed this the last time around so I'll let you take another crack at it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:31 AM 09-27-2019
I love that you're right there ready to stand behind anyone that supports you but when anyone points out your idiocy you just scurry away and dodge the point entirely.

Care to back up your vaginal bleeding with ANY kind of substance w/r/t Shildt?

I suspect you won't have anything to offer.
If you want to celebrate an average ass team in a weak division and that's your jam...cool I guess.
[Reply]
Page 129 of 211
« First < 2979119125126127128129 130131132133139179 > Last »
Up