ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 185
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
scho63 02:50 PM 08-20-2014
The original thread has been locked so here we go again! :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached: JG.jpg (74.8 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 06:23 PM 08-22-2015
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Lew- that is why I am displaced.
In laws are all Minnesotans- I am not.
You don't have to like them but they surely aren't worth hating. Unless you hate your in-laws.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:27 PM 08-22-2015
In laws I hated are not out of the family.
Just can't bring myself to cheer for Vikes, gophers, a few others. like the twins. Dont care about hockey.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:40 PM 08-24-2015
I am doctoring up my Busch Light. Couple of twists of salt, lime wedge squeezed, one green olive with a little bit of brine.

Pretty good.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:23 PM 08-24-2015
Iced tea!

Great night at music-instrument tryout night for the younger son (who hopes to follow in his older brother's footsteps and play the trumpet), and the to scout court of honor where he was presented two rank advancements in one court of honor.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 01:07 PM 09-02-2015
Y'all will have to man-up and enjoy my share of alcohol for the next week or 2. New meds I'm on do NOT mix w/any kind of booze. Looks like I'm taking one for the team.

You're welcome.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:09 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan:
Y'all will have to man-up and enjoy my share of alcohol for the next week or 2. New meds I'm on do NOT mix w/any kind of booze. Looks like I'm taking one for the team.

You're welcome.
Buddy, I will step up for you because someone has to do it. :-)
[Reply]
phisherman 01:25 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan:

You're welcome.
I will most certainly have a double pour of Rye tonight, you know, just for you!
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 06:15 PM 09-02-2015
Saw this, thought some of yez might find a few useful add-ins for your regular cocktails, for not much time/money/effort. http://www.saveur.com/flavored-simpl...ations?image=0

http://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/ginger-syrup
[Reply]
vailpass 11:04 PM 09-02-2015
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Iced tea!

Great night at music-instrument tryout night for the younger son (who hopes to follow in his older brother's footsteps and play the trumpet), and the to scout court of honor where he was presented two rank advancements in one court of honor.
:-) take a minute to pat yourself on the back Dad, that's outstanding...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:55 AM 09-03-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-) take a minute to pat yourself on the back Dad, that's outstanding...
I do, but I prefer to spend time with him and see how awesome he is, and the awesome role model his older brother is too. In the end all I do is keep them on track when they drift, but they do the work and gut-out the challenges.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:43 PM 09-05-2015
Got a nice surprise on a liquor deal today. Fry's grocery had ad for buy 2 bottles of Crown Royal regular or Apple and get each bottle for $13.99. Figured, welp that's damn good and I can't pass up that labor day sale to add to my stock pile.

At this grocery they have things like Crown locked up so you have to go to the register and when you checkout, mention what you want and they get it from the back room. It was super busy and we asked for a bottle of regular Crown and a bottle of Apple Crown. Guy returns with just one bottle of Apple and said in the first case they were out of regular crown so he needed to get the managers key to go into another case for the regular Crown. Comes back and says they are out of both. I was ready to just buy another Apple, even though I have never had it, but he offers the other bottle to either be a Rye or Black label as the line was starting to get long behind us and this was taking quite long to accomplish. Very nice of them to match it even though it wasn't part of the offer.

So I got these two for $13.99 each today. :-)

[Reply]
KCrockaholic 06:33 PM 09-05-2015
Nice deal! How do you like the Apple if you've had it yet? I had a shot of it at a bar a few weeks ago and was actually enjoyable. Put it in the freezer for a while. My bartender made it somewhat frothy before serving.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:36 PM 09-05-2015
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
Nice deal! How do you like the Apple if you've had it yet? I had a shot of it at a bar a few weeks ago and was actually enjoyable.
Haven't had it yet. Others say it's good which is kind of surprising given the snobbery of disliking all flavored whiskey. I went with some tequila tonight in a Paloma. I'll crack the Apple whiskey when some of the other stuff it used. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:38 PM 09-05-2015
Kraken on the rocks.... GREAT round of golf (hopefully tomorrow's will be an even better round!!), out-drove the some TWICE (!!!!!), but tonight it's the Kraken to sooth the back...
[Reply]
Bwana 08:00 PM 09-05-2015

[Reply]
Page 45 of 185
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up