ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 431 of 2694
« First < 331381421427428429430431 4324334344354414815319311431 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:29 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I'm rooting for Mahomes as much as anyone but if you expect me to not say it is an underthrown ball when it clearly is because I'm a Chiefs fan. Sorry I'm not your guy.

That said I thought he did OK overall and I hope he continues to improve. I'm rooting for the guy as much as anyone on this board.
The only thing that matters is what the coaches see for him to work on. For his first attempt went for a completion down field & they can go over what he could have done better on that particular play and every particular play. That's why he needs all the reps in practice and preseason he can get before he sits and watch Alex Smith tuck and run it out of bounds instead of completing that same pass.
[Reply]
dls6501 03:17 PM 08-14-2017
People criticizing Mahomes long completion?

I see that as a rookie playing in his first career game, he is already being held to standards that our 12 year veteran starter is not being held to. Awesome.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:24 PM 08-14-2017
I thought it was an impressive throw considering his tackle was sitting in his lap. Look at the quickness of release and his arm angle. Fantastic play.
[Reply]
penbrook 03:29 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I thought it was an impressive throw considering his tackle was sitting in his lap. Look at the quickness of release and his arm angle. Fantastic play.
Steps up in the pocket and throws it. It goes right near the end zone and that's possibly a td
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:34 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Steps up in the pocket and throws it. It goes right near the end zone and that's possibly a td
:-) like Alex even attempts that.
[Reply]
penbrook 03:35 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
You're right. He would try it but than find a way to scramble or get sacked
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 03:36 PM 08-14-2017
No fucking way
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:39 PM 08-14-2017
I like how Mahomes actually threw the ball over the goal line three times from the five. Alex would not have done that either.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:51 PM 08-14-2017
That's something only experience will teach him and reviewing his plays with the coaches on.

For his first pass he did good to get it where his guy can make a play for it.

I don't imagine all elite quarterbacks have completed their first preseason pass.
[Reply]
dls6501 03:52 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
I like how Mahomes actually threw the ball over the goal line three times from the five. Alex would not have done that either.
Does Alex ever throw the ball into the endzone? I would guess he attempted less than 20 of those all season last year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:53 PM 08-14-2017
When Mahomes is on the field: "I'm gonna call'em like I see'em!"

When Alex is on the field: "Why do you care so much how does the job as long as he gets it done?!"
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:56 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

When Alex is on the field: "Why do you care so much how does the job as long as he gets it done?!"
Yeah....I took it as.

Mahomes: Why can't we criticize our QB?

Smith: Stop criticizing Smith! All he does is win!
[Reply]
Rasputin 04:04 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Yeah....I took it as.

Mahomes: Why can't we criticize our QB?

Smith: Stop criticizing Smith! All he does is win!
The thing is I bet Mahomes is his biggest critique and review everything and how he could do better. Coach Nagy says he is "Unbreakable" and Andy is in his ear just trying to break him down and he can't. That shows Mahomes heart is in it and he is out to prove he is going be elite as they come. That's his expectations of himself and he is putting it on his own shoulders to become starter this year and not be sitting. He wants to play and get out there and win games for us.

I guarantee it's going drive Patrick nuts to watch Alex go out there and do all those dinks when a guy is going be open down field and he will recognize it before anyone.
[Reply]
penbrook 04:10 PM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
The thing is I bet Mahomes is his biggest critique and review everything and how he could do better. Coach Nagy says he is "Unbreakable" and Andy is in his ear just trying to break him down and he can't. That shows Mahomes heart is in it and he is out to prove he is going be elite as they come. That's his expectations of himself and he is putting it on his own shoulders to become starter this year and not be sitting. He wants to play and get out there and win games for us.

I guarantee it's going drive Patrick nuts to watch Alex go out there and do all those dinks when a guy is going be open down field and he will recognize it before anyone.
Not being unfair but Patrick had a lot of screens he threw last game.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:11 PM 08-14-2017
Not being unfair but Patrick had a lot of screens he threw last game.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 431 of 2694
« First < 331381421427428429430431 4324334344354414815319311431 > Last »
Up