ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>The Draft Network mock sim
DJ's left nut 04:50 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Did another mock and I got 3 of your 4 first picks. Swap out Josh Jacobs for Ridley though.
I realize as I do more of these how badly I would infuriate the average Chiefs fan in my perfect world.

About half of my drafts have 3 of my first 4 picks going to offense.

I just cannot convince myself to throw that much capital at the defense yet when we simply don't know how much of the suck was coaching and we went so hard at it last year. Especially when I'm not wholly convinced that Lucas can't start or that Watts isn't actually a ballplayer.

I know I'm supposed to draft a safety and 2 CBs in our first 4 picks, but I just don't like the draft doing that. I end up taking a CB with one of the seconds pretty much every time and it's generally Joejuan Williams because Love doesn't make it there.

But if Adderley's not there in the first? {shrug} I'll make due with offense. Or if I end up having to go with Baker there, best be prepared for 1 more CB and then a shitload of toolsy offensive guys.

I could be completely wrong and would doom the franchise to another disappointing season, but I keep falling into the same general trend here - there are some really talented offensive players that I'm not gonna pass on because I don't like what happened last season.
[Reply]
O.city 04:42 PM 02-26-2019
I'm interested to see Hockerson test, because I've kinda read some people who wonder if he's a really good blocker, average athlete in the pass game.

If that's the case, i'd probably look elsewhere.
[Reply]
O.city 04:57 PM 02-26-2019
The problem I keep having with defense is that we need good players but moreso, they need blue chippers. Those are just hard as hell to come by, especially in this draft.

If they could get a corner via trade like Rhodes or Peterson, I really feel that would open up the draft.
[Reply]
O.city 05:01 PM 02-26-2019
If Ed Oliver fell to 26, anyone trade up?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:21 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
If Ed Oliver fell to 26, anyone trade up?
if he fell to 20 id do it, holy shit him and jones and nandi
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:32 PM 02-26-2019
I don't think drafting another player that will get washed out vs the run is how you stop it.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 09:37 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't think drafting another player that will get washed out vs the run is how you stop it.
You’d be nuts not to draft Oliver if he falls into the 20’s. He might become Aaron Donald 2.0

On a complete opposite topic - I am mesmerized watching Dexter Lawrence tape. Clemson primarily played him at 3 tech while Wilkins was more often the 1 tech. Lawrence projects as 1 tech next level, but maybe Clemson was on to something. The man just collapses and crushes any semblance of a pocket and swallows up inside zone runs by himself. He does not have a ton of pass rush upside outside of being a space eater, but man does he wreak havoc in run defend. He moves so quick for such a huge man. If he falls to the late 2nd, I hope the Chiefs nab him. He will keep linebackers squeaky clean.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:05 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
You’d be nuts not to draft Oliver if he falls into the 20’s. He might become Aaron Donald 2.0
Are you letting Chris Jones walk in a year?
[Reply]
Chargem 01:25 AM 02-27-2019
Quinnen is the Donald 2.0 guy, Oliver is a little over rated I think. Will be solid but not very likely to be a superstar
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chargem:
Quinnen is the Donald 2.0 guy, Oliver is a little over rated I think. Will be solid but not very likely to be a superstar
And Oliver has some strange attitude issues that come and go. I hate being that guy having never met him, but he has spurts where he doesn't seem very coachable.

I just wonder if you won't end up with him and Jones somewhat frustrated given that they're best served playing the same role. You could leave Oliver in the under-tackle roll and move Jones to the strongside DE, but I question the wisdom in that given Jones tendency to just ignore his run responsibilities at times. And I don't think Jones has the high gear to let him be as effective as a Leo.

Just not sure he's a good enough fit on this roster to justify that kind of capital. If we're worried about not getting Jones extended then sure - make the move. But I think the Chiefs are going to push pretty hard to get Jones locked up long-term.
[Reply]
O.city 10:19 AM 02-27-2019
Yeah, damn i'd love to have WIlliams next to Jones. I like Oliver but he's got some issues and especially similar ones to Jones in that I would be afraid we'd get gashed.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:19 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, damn i'd love to have WIlliams next to Jones. I like Oliver but he's got some issues and especially similar ones to Jones in that I would be afraid we'd get gashed.
You really have to have a big body to play across from Jones.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:39 AM 02-27-2019
If we had the #1 pick would you take Bosa or Williams?

I’m taking Williams
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:40 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I’m taking Williams
Bosa.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:43 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:

I’m taking Williams
Bosa has the higher floor but Williams the higher ceiling.

I can't see a scenario where Bosa doesn't become at least a very good pass-rusher (apart from injury). Williams...well DT's for whatever reason are just tougher to figure out.

The best guess I have is that DT is just a really 'dirty' position most of the time; lots of shitty grunt work that has to be done to be great at it. And so any slight motor issues will be exacerbated there.

Then again, Williams has the length that would let you play him at DE as well. I'm not sure he's explosive enough to be as dynamic over there, but if he didn't work out at DT, you could probably get an 8 sack/season guy who's strong in run support at SDE.

Yeah, given his upside as an interior rusher AND the versatility to be on the outside, I'd probably go with Williams.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up